PSP titles on PSN?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts

I was thinking it would be awesome if Chains of Olympus came out on PSN. Now obviously this wouldn't happen anytime soon, as Sony wants to make money selling PSP's, and there aren't a lot of system sellers out there for it. In a year or so though, maybe to build hype for GoW3.

What do you all think?

vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vegetattack15
Wow, nobody? Really?
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 metal_gear269
Member since 2005 • 590 Posts
If they made it a download title that you HAD to transfer to your PSP before you could play it, then yes. If you mean like you'd be able to play it on PS3, then hell no. It's the system seller, they're not gonna release it for any other system at all. And GoW3 has enough hype already. How would releasing CoO build that hype?
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vegetattack15

If they made it a download title that you HAD to transfer to your PSP before you could play it, then yes. If you mean like you'd be able to play it on PS3, then hell no. It's the system seller, they're not gonna release it for any other system at all. And GoW3 has enough hype already. How would releasing CoO build that hype?metal_gear269

Right now it wouldn't, but a year from now? When the PSP's have already been sold due to CoO hype? It's a good possibility.

metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metal_gear269
No. Even if they released it a year from now, it would still defeat the purpose of having it exclusive. What would you do if a heavily-anticipated game was coming out for one system you didn't have, but then it was announced it was coming out later for a system you did have? Would you buy the new system? Of course not.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vegetattack15
Of course not, if it was announced. Announced being the key word.
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 metal_gear269
Okay, think of this a different way. If they did announce it for the PSN or w/e, it would effectively kill any and all future sales of the game on the original platform. Does that sound like good business plan to you?
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 vegetattack15

Okay, think of this a different way. If they did announce it for the PSN or w/e, it would effectively kill any and all future sales of the game on the original platform. Does that sound like good business plan to you?metal_gear269

I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm saying in a year or so, after sales have been brought in, as a surprise. Of course if it was announced that PSP titles would be brought to PSN, nobody would buy a PSP. I'm just saying later on, after effective sales of the PSP have already taken place.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
I don't think it's likely. GOW COO will sell good for a long time before it's even a greatest hits selection.
river_rat3117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 river_rat3117
Member since 2003 • 3474 Posts
psp title ARE on the psn. but you HAVE to put them on your psp to play them
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vegetattack15
I sold my PSP, sometimes I regret it, but it was an older model. It drove me nuts, always looking for memory space, no good movies, no games I wanted to play, I may pick up the GoW bundle. The main reason I sold my PSP though, was because I was angry they didn't have some kind of patch where you could play your PSP games through your PS3 on the TV. Instead, they make a new PSP, what a rip-off, you know they could have done it with the old one, they just wanted to milk us.
mlcj15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mlcj15
Member since 2008 • 175 Posts
I don't know that they'll release it for the PS3 at all. But, they are releasing Ratchet and Clank Size Matters for PS2 next week and that was originally just on the PSP. So maybe, once they have gotten all they can out of the PSP sales, it will come out for one of the consoles.