PSP problems Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lutomboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 lutomboy
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
My PS turns itself off every now and then its not the battery it could be charging and it shuts off, you move it suddenly it shuts off dose anyone ells have this problem its only 1.5 year old :(
MayorJohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 MayorJohnny
Member since 2003 • 7838 Posts
I wouldn't know because I just got my first PSP last week. I would recommend sending an e-mail to Sony. They should reply within 48 hours. :)
elfimis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#3 elfimis
Member since 2008 • 1099 Posts
have you modded your psp or battery at all?
lutomboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 lutomboy
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts

i did download the latest PSP system updates but that's it the same battery what it came with, i guess i have to contact Sony :cry:

barny0111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 barny0111
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

I have this problem too, I have been looking for ages for someone else who is experiancing this.

My PSP will just switch off without warning. Every second day or so. Not often enough to think something is drastically wrong, but often enough to be a real pain in the @ss as I loose any chance of saving my game progress.

Has anybody else experianced it and what did you do?

blacknight06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 blacknight06
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts

This used to happen to me a lot. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the UMD disc. It only happens with some of my old games, and when it shuts off you can hear a little spark, then it reboots when i turn it back on.

barny0111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 barny0111
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

Not sure if thats exactly what im experiancing. My PSP (not 3 months old) switches off every now and again with no warning and no sound. It doesn't matter what game I'm playing, whether from UMD or Memory stick. Its not prejudice.

The only thing I can think of is that my memory stick is not official Sony brand. It works absolutely fine, but you know how sometimes one odd thing and effect something else, especially with technology. I personally don't think much can be done, except buy offical mem stick. And if that doesn't work, call Sony for a chat. Anyone else with advice?