PSP is everything in one

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

I got thinking about this today. With the PSP you have...

-The most important thing is the gaming for alot of people and that is the main feature of the PSP and it is very good at just playing games but also it is...

-A MP3 player(Yeah not the best and i understand it's a little big but still works and i have not bought an Ipod because of my PSP)

-A portable photo album (If you ever want to just look at pictures well your on the go the PSP can allow you to do that)

-A Portable DVD player (You can either buy UMDs, which i don't like, Or you can make your DVDs in to MP4 format and bam you can watch that DVD anywhere you want now without the need of a Portable DVD player)

-Web Browser (Now it's also a web browser obviously not the greatest and won't replace your laptop but still convient if you need to look Something up on the go)

For all this it's only $200, it amazes me that this thing isn't selling like crazy because it does so many things.

I know it's not the best for all this but still pretty damn good if you ask me and it amazes me that this thing isn't selling like mad. I just realized how awesome the PSP was and some times i think it gets under appreciated when it is really a great portable device.

leeveeu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 leeveeu
Member since 2003 • 3405 Posts
I agree. It really is a wonderful device.
aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 aznstyle11
Member since 2008 • 1125 Posts
Best portable system with not as many games.
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts
DSi baby.
Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts

The shoulder buttons are about worthless and it's a good thing the PSP can play movies as Sony and dev's don't have any respect for it.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts

DSi baby.calvinx6

As far as i know it still can't play movies or browse the internet...

psp_bwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 psp_bwoy
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
but i dont really take mine out of my house with the fear of some girl just running up slappin me and takin ma psp
psp_bwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 psp_bwoy

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.torontomapleafs

It can browse the internet it comes with a built in browser, unless gs is wrong

psp_bwoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 psp_bwoy

It can browse the internet it comes with a built in browser, unless gs is wrong

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChiddaPotta
Member since 2007 • 1670 Posts

Its ok man, don't try to argue with him/her. He came in previous PSP threads and was bashing the PSP and was being a fanboy like crazy.

On-Topic: You know, this thread should get stickied, having the title "Reasons to get a PSP" or "PSP Recommendation Thread". This can inspire alot of people to get one.

EDIT: Wait, calvinx6, didn't I ask you like last summer to get out of here? Then, what are doing here?

187Mobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 187Mobster
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
the only thing thats missing is a camera and dual analog sticks
Watermelon4372

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Watermelon4372
Member since 2007 • 383 Posts
Oh yea and you have a phone (to some extent), a camera, and GPS. And the games on it are better now than the iPhone will EVER have. The best game that will have is super monkey ball.
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
It is the best thing I've ever bought
dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
ya i keep telling people stop buying zunes and ipods! there such rippofs seriously ipod is a worse deal then zunes and you can get an 8 gb psp for about the same price as an 8gb zune, but people buy ipods like crazy.
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 calvinx6
[QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.ChiddaPotta

Its ok man, don't try to argue with him/her. He came in previous PSP threads and was bashing the PSP and was being a fanboy like crazy.

On-Topic: You know, this thread should get stickied, having the title "Reasons to get a PSP" or "PSP Recommendation Thread". This can inspire alot of people to get one.

EDIT: Wait, calvinx6, didn't I ask you like last summer to get out of here? Then, what are doing here?

Who you think you are psp embassador, i can post on any thread i want to, so you can report go report me like you always do, FANBOY.

DarkAlucard666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DarkAlucard666
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts

I forgot that it play movies :P It sure has some good movies for it too!

aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aznstyle11
[QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.calvinx6

Who you think you are psp embassador, i can post on any thread i want to, so you can report go report me like you always do, FANBOY.

Who do you are the ultimate DS fanboy? If you like the DS so much why don't you marry it?

Franconomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Franconomicon
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts
[QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.aznstyle11

Who do you are the ultimate DS fanboy? If you like the DS so much why don't you marry it?

DS Fanboys are sooooooooooooooooooooo Funny! they are like religious extremists LOL!! XD...

The Topic is right PSP is a device with all included.

people says that have only a few games, but almost all are so great; and don´t forget the great graphics, not like DS who have Discovery Kids graphics...

Grim_Reaper007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Grim_Reaper007
Member since 2003 • 408 Posts

Hey i have to admit myself im a ds fanboy, but i do own the psp slim and i do think its quite a technical achievement. It does have good games, as much as people like to argue the lack of game library, but its a great media player as much as it is a portable console.

On another note, DSi will play mp3, video, have web browser built in and have two 0.3 megapixel cameras... sorry i dont want to start an argument... just saying :P

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
Technical prowess does not automaticly make a winning console. If anything its all about advertisement.

Any parent can tell you what a DS is, when you name the PSP they just look at you funny. Nintendo has the power of mouth2mouth advertisement as being the on-the-road-handheld while the PSP is left being a "gadget"

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 calvinx6
[QUOTE="aznstyle11"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.Franconomicon

DS Fanboys are sooooooooooooooooooooo Funny! they are like religious extremists LOL!! XD...

The Topic is right PSP is a device with all included.

people says that have only a few games, but almost all are so great; and don´t forget the great graphics, not like DS who have Discovery Kids graphics...

Atleast i can play Call of Duty: World at War with 8 player Online, what the shooter the psp getting this fall, none.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ChiddaPotta

@Calvinx6

LMAO, a crappy DS multi-plat :lol: wow, Cod: WaW for DS ZOMG. Teh DS KilleR TitlE.

This is like the only game DS has that is a shooter online game besides metroid :lol:

Seriously, you don't want to get owned here. And how am I being a fanboy? It's not like I support Sony only, I also support Microsoft.

If you want to talk PSP vs DS do it in System Wars PLEASE! I told you this 5 times already. PLEASE.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ChiddaPotta
[QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

BTW, I never even reported you once yet. And how am I a PSP embassador? Just because i'm trying to defend the system I cherish more? I know you can post in any thread you want but why bash the PSP or go "DSi baby" like what the hell does that even have to do with anything? Are you like this in the real world? Do you have problems?

With your tone of voice and bad vocabulary I guarentee you won't get far in life.

MrBz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrBz1
Member since 2008 • 49 Posts
Best handheld out.
Franconomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Franconomicon

Atleast i can play Call of Duty: World at War with 8 player Online, what the shooter the psp getting this fall, none.

calvinx6

jajajajaja Im right "DS Fanboys are sooooooooooooooooooooo Funny! they are like religious extremists LOL!! XD..."

Congrats for your call of duty ;)

and pliz the PSP purist don't go to the DiscoveryKids forum... ups sorry; the DSForum to fight and create bad ambient.

;)

naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts
the only thing thats missing is a camera and dual analog sticks187Mobster
i agree 1 analog stick is just bad
DarkAlucard666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DarkAlucard666
Member since 2007 • 774 Posts
[QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="torontomapleafs"]

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.aznstyle11

I hate serious fanboys like this one ^ talking about DSi. Don't call me a super fanboy because I own both a DS and a PSP

UnamedThing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UnamedThing
Member since 2008 • 1761 Posts

the only thing thats missing is a camera and dual analog sticks187Mobster

You can buy a camera, but maybe only in Europe and Asia.

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 calvinx6
[QUOTE="calvinx6"]

Franconomicon

jajajajaja Im right "DS Fanboys are sooooooooooooooooooooo Funny! they are like religious extremists LOL!! XD..."

and pliz the PSP purist don't go to the DiscoveryKids forum... ups sorry; the DSForum to fight and create bad ambient.

;)

But the Discovery Kids game system get good games almost every week though, psp every six months whats the upcoming line up for the psp only SE ports and existing franchise, nothing new.

I don't hate the psp i hate when fanboys act like it is the best system ever created and said the DS is for kids when it as better quality games than most of the system out there.

Moon pwn every thing.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ChiddaPotta
[QUOTE="Franconomicon"][QUOTE="calvinx6"]

calvinx6

;)

But the Discovery Kids game system get good games almost every week though, psp every six months whats the upcoming line up for the psp only SE ports and existing franchise, nothing new.

I don't hate the psp i hate when fanboys act like it is the best system ever created and said the DS is for kids when it as better quality games than most of the system out there.

Moon pwn every thing.

The TC never said it's better then the DS retard And of course fanboys will have their ways. Alot of fanboys think DS is way better then PSP, do you hate that? I know you don't because you are one.

Tell me something, what was the last good DS game the past 3-4 weeks? (No multi-plats thanks :))

If you say you don't hate the PSP, why keep on bashing it? Do all of us a favor and stop ruining PSP threads.

EDIT: LMAO! I just found some evidence proving you hating the PSP

LOl " Most DS games don't speak" Dah.

Do you know how wierd it is saying a game don't speak to you.

You sir, need to get off that stuff.

DS pwns PSP in quality and variety of games. PSP Suck!!!!!!!!!!!11

You call the 3000 an upgrade, ROFLMAO.

calvinx6

You were saying earlier? BTW, This was found in a system wars thread.

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 calvinx6
[QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="Franconomicon"][QUOTE="calvinx6"]

ChiddaPotta

;)

Moon pwn every thing.

The TC never said it's better then the DS retard And of course fanboys will have their ways. Alot of fanboys think DS is way better then PSP, do you hate that? I know you don't because you are one.

Tell me something, what was the last good DS game the past 3-4 weeks? (No multi-plats thanks :))

If you say you don't hate the PSP, why keep on bashing it? Do all of us a favor and stop ruining PSP threads.

1. Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals-10/8/08
  2. Bleach: Dark Souls- 10/8/08
  3. Commando: Steel Disaster-10/1/08
  4. Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood-10/1/08
  5. Time Hollow-10/1/08
  6. Kirby Super Star Ultra- 9/24/08
  7. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen-09/16/08
  8. Lock's Quest-9/11/08

Good enough for you.

now list the last good psp game that release in the past 3-4 weeks?(No Multi-plats).

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChiddaPotta
[QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="Franconomicon"][QUOTE="calvinx6"]

calvinx6

;)

Moon pwn every thing.

5. Time Hollow-10/1/08
  8. Lock's Quest-9/11/08

Good enough for you.

now list the last good psp game that release in the past 3-4 weeks?(No Multi-plats).

fine. also read my edited post thanks :)

1. NBA 09: The Inside (Also on PS3 but is property of sony) 10/7/08
  2. Valhalla Knights 2 10/1/08
  3. Buzz! Master Quiz 9/23/08
  4. Yggdra Union 9/16/08
  5. Ford Racing: Off Road 9/23/08
  6. Pipe Mania 9/23/08
  7. B-Boy 9/23/08
You were saying?
mario564

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mario564
Member since 2006 • 521 Posts

i know it can't play movies but it can browse the internet look it up and i hate the ds anyways.

i know it can't play movies but it can browse the internet look it up and i hate the ds anyways.

mefoo33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mefoo33
Member since 2006 • 157 Posts

Moon pwn every thing.

It is a matter of the games that nintendo releases for their systems. Generally, with the games and their idea of gameplay it targets more of the younger game players. Their are a few games that are a few exceptions to this rule, as there is to every rule.

I own a DS and a PSP and am perfectly content with both. I believe that the Sony PSP allows its users to access its extra components more over than nintendo does for ds.

A slight digression, If you hate fanboys so much quit acting like one yourself.

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 calvinx6
[QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="Franconomicon"][QUOTE="calvinx6"]

ChiddaPotta

;)

Moon pwn every thing.

5. Time Hollow-10/1/08
  8. Lock's Quest-9/11/08

Good enough for you.

4. Yggdra Union 9/16/08
  6. Pipe Mania 9/23/08
  7. B-Boy 9/23/08

You were saying?

LMAO, Dude stop embarassing yourself this is the most medicore list i ever seen in my life.

1. NBA 09: The Inside- (Multiplat)
  2. Valhalla Knights 2- got a 5.0 on ign
  3. Buzz! Master Quiz- you call this game good i find that ooffending, i should have put Babysitting Mania on my list if i know you would list are not good.
  4. Yggdra Union- Wait didn't i play this on the GBA, yes i did it was a very good game though this is a port, wait what is that i see a 5.5 by gamespot meh.
  5. Ford Racing: Off Road- Dude are you serious, This is Multiplat ( PS2,PC,Wii), Ford Racing LOL LOL.
  6. Pipe Mania- Multiplat (DS,PS2,PC), even i wouldn't buy this for the DS.
  7. B-Boy- Multiplat (PS2),

Dude your list Fail. Thanks for the Laugh though.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ChiddaPotta
[QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="Franconomicon"][QUOTE="calvinx6"]

calvinx6

;)

Moon pwn every thing.

5. Time Hollow-10/1/08
  8. Lock's Quest-9/11/08

Good enough for you.

4. Yggdra Union 9/16/08
  6. Pipe Mania 9/23/08
  7. B-Boy 9/23/08

You were saying?

LMAO, Dude stop embarassing yourself this is the most medicore list i ever seen in my life.

3. Buzz! Master Quiz- you call this game good i find that ooffending, i should have put Babysitting Mania on my list if i know you would list are not good.
  4. Yggdra Union- Wait didn't i play this on the GBA, yes i did it was a very good game though this is a port, wait what is that i see a 5.5 by gamespot meh.
  5. Ford Racing: Off Road- Dude are you serious, This is Multiplat ( PS2,PC,Wii), Ford Racing LOL LOL.

Last quote since your being such a pain in the arse.

1. NBA 09 is property of sony which makes it exclusive.

2. Alot of the games you listed got 7 and down.

3. B-Boy is not a multi-plat, property of sony and is exclusive.

4. Gamespot's reviews on PSP games are biased, such as Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budakai 2, oh how can I forget Monster Hunter Freedom 2? It's the most popular game in Japan.

You fail too. Dont think of quoting me back.

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 calvinx6
[QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="ChiddaPotta"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="Franconomicon"][QUOTE="calvinx6"]

ChiddaPotta

;)

Moon pwn every thing.

5. Time Hollow-10/1/08
  8. Lock's Quest-9/11/08

Good enough for you.

4. Yggdra Union 9/16/08
  6. Pipe Mania 9/23/08
  7. B-Boy 9/23/08

You were saying?

Last quote since your being such a pain in the arse.

1. NBA 09 is property of sony which makes it exclusive.

2. Alot of the games you listed got 7 and down.

3. B-Boy is not a multi-plat, property of sony and is exclusive.

4. Gamespot's reviews on PSP games are biased, such as Star Wars The Force Unleashed, Dragon Ball Z Shin Budakai 2, oh how can I forget Monster Hunter Freedom 2? It's the most popular game in Japan.

You fail too. Dont think of quoting me back.

So you are saying that the Gamespot review of FF:CC is bias and it should get a lower, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is overated same with the GOW:CoO.

You said i failed too, no my friend you and the psp FAILED.

BeeefIsGoood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BeeefIsGoood
Member since 2007 • 1418 Posts

DSi baby.calvinx6

ummm no.

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 calvinx6

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.BeeefIsGoood

ummm no.

Ummmm Yes.

roidrage9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 roidrage9999
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I don't like the DS but thats just me. thats it end of the line, no need to bash the DS or the PSP. I dont care if DS is better than PSP or vice versa, I bought my PSP because i liked it's games and the media player is an added bonus. Those who bash other consoles(PSP or DS alike) for fun needs to STFU.

Franconomicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Franconomicon

Look Calvin ;)

I prefer One nice game per month than tons of awful games per month

Discovery KidS

PSP

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 calvinx6

Look Calvin ;)

Discovery KidS

PSP

Franconomicon

Which one got the highest score, sell the most and have a better story. I know the Discovery Kid one.

fatcat13sep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fatcat13sep
Member since 2007 • 1129 Posts

dkdk999

i agree with you but the problem is with the psp is there are stupid people in this world and dont know how to make folders for artists and albums so everything is just a mess for them and also some people like 50 year old people dont play games and rather have something smaller

sneslover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sneslover
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
[QUOTE="BeeefIsGoood"]

ummm no.

Ummmm Yes.

Ummm fanboy.

calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 calvinx6
[QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="BeeefIsGoood"]

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.sneslover

ummm no.

Ummmm Yes.

Ummm fanboy.

Ummmm so is you.

sneslover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sneslover
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
[QUOTE="sneslover"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="BeeefIsGoood"]

ummm no.

Ummmm Yes.

Ummm fanboy.

Ummmm so is you.

Ummmm no, I just dislike Microsoft a little. Sony and Nintendo ftw.

And it's about time you took your trolling elsewhere.

ChiddaPotta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ChiddaPotta
[QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="sneslover"][QUOTE="calvinx6"][QUOTE="BeeefIsGoood"]

[QUOTE="calvinx6"]DSi baby.sneslover

ummm no.

Ummmm Yes.

Ummm fanboy.

Ummmm so is you.

Ummmm no, I just dislike Microsoft a little. Sony and Nintendo ftw.

And it's about time you took your trolling elsewhere.

Uhh, thank you! You don't know how many times I've dealt with this guy.

aznstyle11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 aznstyle11

Look Calvin ;)

Discovery KidS

PSP

Franconomicon

LMAO! That made me laugh so hard. Plus let you DS/i get smaller and smaller soon it'll vanish.