PSP 3000 is a rib...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

amekhov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 amekhov
Member since 2007 • 987 Posts
I still have my old psp, on which I can play every game, and which is 10x better quality (in terms of build) than the PSP slim. The PSP slim feels like a piece of garbage when compared with the original. There are some slight upgrades like more memory (which is basically not noticed), TV-out which is pretty useless (none of my friends with silm psps ever use this), and skype... again useless. Get a cellphone. The fact that it's lighter came with a giant drawback in terms of build quality. The 3000 looks like a slight upgrade on the slim... it's embarassing. A brighter screen...30 more mins battery life? Is this a joke? Sony is either just money hungry, or they're trying to make a psp that can't be hacked. What a rib.
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts

A brighter screen...30 more mins battery life? Is this a joke? Sony is either just money hungry, or they're trying to make a psp that can't be hacked. What a rib.amekhov

It's actually 30 mins LESS battery life.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts
I still have my old psp, on which I can play every game, and which is 10x better quality (in terms of build) than the PSP slim. The PSP slim feels like a piece of garbage when compared with the original. There are some slight upgrades like more memory (which is basically not noticed), TV-out which is pretty useless (none of my friends with silm psps ever use this), and skype... again useless. Get a cellphone. The fact that it's lighter came with a giant drawback in terms of build quality. The 3000 looks like a slight upgrade on the slim... it's embarassing. A brighter screen...30 more mins battery life? Is this a joke? Sony is either just money hungry, or they're trying to make a psp that can't be hacked. What a rib.amekhov
it also had a way better screen in terms of color. But like every big corp they are money hungry.
acsam12304

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 acsam12304
Member since 2005 • 3387 Posts

well i have both the phat and slim i got the slim cuz i want my own PSP i dont have to share. yeah i use skype. what use a cell phone??

na $2.00 a month anyone in the US is way better then 49.99 a month just for free night and weekends

and 3rd who cares what u say i like my PSP slim. my brotyher uses the phat so what.

what ur saying that all the people that has a slim is stupid??? even thow the discontine the phat PSP. and the people that wants a PSP now has to get a slim so that makes them stupid??? wow man ur just a jealous son of a b*$&#

Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
A rib..?
mejle12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 mejle12
Member since 2007 • 212 Posts
WOW
ArmoJan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ArmoJan
Member since 2005 • 3169 Posts

A rib..?xaos

mmm BBQ..

Leegamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Leegamespot
Member since 2003 • 1231 Posts

I have a PSP slim, I mainly got the slim because my fatty stopped working properly and I had a warrenty that covered the price of the fatty to where I could get the slim pack for the same price. But other than that I enjoy the slim features. And as for the battery life, I purchased the extended life battery pack so I have about 10 good hours of use out of the slim. In all its all about what your going for.

~

KuroiSLI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KuroiSLI
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
Can I get my rib with extra bbq sauce? :D
SPD_WeBmAsTaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 SPD_WeBmAsTaH
Member since 2004 • 2668 Posts
I don't like to eat ribs anymore because they're so fattening they'll turn you into a cow. I do like the 3000 though, I'll really consider it.
danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts
Great.... now you can even eat a PSP?
gho5ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gho5ty
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts
it is a rip off to hell with a better screen and the added mic my slim dose the job and i dont take it outside much so who cares i want more games
rb2610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rb2610
Member since 2007 • 3325 Posts
Jeez, if it's that much of a problem for you, don't buy it.
NsNsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 NsNsis
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

I have a SLIM and a "FAT", and pretty much there is nothing special the SLIM have and the FAT lacks. The new PSP thu, is a bit diffrent beacuse the LCD have anti-reflection thing (which, hopefully allows you to play outside). The colors does look better and "clearer", yet the thign I really want to hear about is how much the anti-reflaction thing actyally helps, I will need to wait for that thu.

Even if it turns out to be good, I still lack the money (or the ability) to change to the new PSP (I bougth mine in the US but I dont live there).

redeemer12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 redeemer12
Member since 2004 • 150 Posts
all this talk of ribs is makin me hungry.....fooooood... need foooooood, need fooooood now!!!!....u got foooood?
naju890_963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 naju890_963
Member since 2008 • 8954 Posts
Yep i think original is better
skrillalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skrillalover
Member since 2003 • 1348 Posts
what are you talking about. it isnt like it is a completely new product. they are just updating it. no reason to get all ticked off.
PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
I have a phat PSP but i would buy a 3000 if i didn't. The more PSPs that are sold to new folks is a good thing, right?
PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts
....maybe if it is out in a nice bundle for Xmass and i get that new job....you think old games would look better on this 3000?
Francision69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Francision69
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts
Mmm... Ribs...
Shimmerweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#21 Shimmerweed
Member since 2008 • 753 Posts

[QUOTE="xaos"]A rib..?ArmoJan

mmm BBQ..

Yummy. :D

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
I don't think Sony is forcing anyone to get rid of the Slim or Phat to go buy a PSP-3000 so you all just need to calm down. It's for the people who don't have a PSP, who's PSP broke, or new comers to the PSP. so no the PSP is not a rib.
scaryteddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 scaryteddy
Member since 2005 • 599 Posts

I still have my old psp, on which I can play every game, and which is 10x better quality (in terms of build) than the PSP slim. The PSP slim feels like a piece of garbage when compared with the original. There are some slight upgrades like more memory (which is basically not noticed), TV-out which is pretty useless (none of my friends with silm psps ever use this), and skype... again useless. Get a cellphone. The fact that it's lighter came with a giant drawback in terms of build quality. The 3000 looks like a slight upgrade on the slim... it's embarassing. A brighter screen...30 more mins battery life? Is this a joke? Sony is either just money hungry, or they're trying to make a psp that can't be hacked. What a rib.amekhov

I'm not sure how you got that the phat is 10x better in build. Are you just trying to say that you prefer the way your older PSP feels and you came up with a random number to make your point, or is there some valid facts you can post to back up your claim. If it's just your opinion, I'd have to disagree. One obvious improvement is the fix of the original speaker placement. Being positioned underneath your hands was a design flaw in my opinion, and they fixed that. Seriuosly, just because you and your freinds don't use the TV out feature by no means renders it a useless feature. For me it was a selling point. I don't use it for the games so much, but it's pretty damn cool to take video files off my computer and be able to play them on my TV or take them to my friends house and watch them there. Why do people feel the need to bring down the PSP because of Skype? I think it's a cool feature and use it or not, it's a free upgrade. Next time you want to put down the PSP slim, choose something much less tasty than a rib to call it.

onlinedevil13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 onlinedevil13
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts

[QUOTE="amekhov"]A brighter screen...30 more mins battery life? Is this a joke? Sony is either just money hungry, or they're trying to make a psp that can't be hacked. What a rib.megagene

lol, ru serious? 30mins less? >.>

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

FIRSTLY!.... omfg ... RIBS! ;o
SECONDLY! its actually not 30 but 20min less....but hwo cares..... xD 10 plus or minus......
THIRDLY! I dont know what i wanted to say xD (ribs are so yummy.......)
Ok and now serious....
PSP Phat ( i Owned it) Is a great system.... and its made of the same plastic as 2000 and 3000...
It just looks glossy.... and the psp 3000 they made it not as much gloss as 2000...
PSP 2000 have great improvments.... like play on TV screen.... or skype.... or Speakers....
PSP 3000 have great improvments too.... like brighter screen.... non fingertip front panel.... microphone.... and Kinda ergonomic ... as u can see onscreen shots and the interview with John Knoller (?) xP (dont remember his name exactly x)

ANd the last thing (which is far from this post)
Why some ppl are gettin this on the bottom of the post....

-- My System Specs: -- Core2Duo E6300 @1.86 -- 1GB Corsair XMS2 RAM 800MHz --
-- XFX Fata1ity GeForce7600GT 256MB 650MHz -- Windows XP SP2/Ubuntu -- FireFox 3 --

(BTW. so what u have so poor comp ? ... i have Core Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 (at all 9.8 Ghz.) 4 Gb ram...
And GeForce Nvidia 8800Gts...... WIndows vista and 500 giga ?;O) MAAN .... dont write this ;/ its a shame xD

piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts

[QUOTE="amekhov"]A brighter screen...30 more mins battery life? Is this a joke? Sony is either just money hungry, or they're trying to make a psp that can't be hacked. What a rib.megagene

yup, less

Slim feels like cheap plastic, wanna know why, because it is, just look under your battery the horrible sentence that says: Made in China (My phat says: Made in Japan)

it does seem made from better materials than the slim, hope it is

Matthis89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Matthis89
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts
i like my slim, but i guess i feel kinda ripped because my tv doesnt support progressive scan...
amekhov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 amekhov
Member since 2007 • 987 Posts

[QUOTE="amekhov"]I still have my old psp, on which I can play every game, and which is 10x better quality (in terms of build) than the PSP slim. The PSP slim feels like a piece of garbage when compared with the original. There are some slight upgrades like more memory (which is basically not noticed), TV-out which is pretty useless (none of my friends with silm psps ever use this), and skype... again useless. Get a cellphone. The fact that it's lighter came with a giant drawback in terms of build quality. The 3000 looks like a slight upgrade on the slim... it's embarassing. A brighter screen...30 more mins battery life? Is this a joke? Sony is either just money hungry, or they're trying to make a psp that can't be hacked. What a rib.scaryteddy

I'm not sure how you got that the phat is 10x better in build. Are you just trying to say that you prefer the way your older PSP feels and you came up with a random number to make your point, or is there some valid facts you can post to back up your claim. If it's just your opinion, I'd have to disagree. One obvious improvement is the fix of the original speaker placement. Being positioned underneath your hands was a design flaw in my opinion, and they fixed that. Seriuosly, just because you and your freinds don't use the TV out feature by no means renders it a useless feature. For me it was a selling point. I don't use it for the games so much, but it's pretty damn cool to take video files off my computer and be able to play them on my TV or take them to my friends house and watch them there. Why do people feel the need to bring down the PSP because of Skype? I think it's a cool feature and use it or not, it's a free upgrade. Next time you want to put down the PSP slim, choose something much less tasty than a rib to call it.

Hold a fat psp in your hand, and then hold a slim. It's painfully obvious how cheap the slim is compared to the fatty.
naruto7777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 naruto7777
Member since 2007 • 8059 Posts

a rib

you mean rip

GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
its just a slight hardware upgrade that all companies do to their products theyre just telling everyone to boost sales