PSN future features update - Sony takes a poll (G.A.P.)

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-81014.aspx

People are commenting that * B. Ability to play my own music from the XMB while in-game *is winning the poll so far.

Anyway , what are your thoughts ?

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts
wtf.. it should be C.. T__T.. looks like people don't want friends on the PSN

now i just find it funny how the lowest one there is C.. with an ugly 6%..
sure you may get in-game XMB.. doesn't mean your blist would work the most of its functions -____-;
and in-game music is tight and all.. but i rather have a well amazingg friends list.. first.. *sigH*..
i'm a poor 6% :((
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts
Wha...? A and B should come together and C is needed by alot of people... Lame poll...
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nike_Air

wtf.. it should be C.. T__T.. looks like people don't want friends on the PSN expanded
I think they should concentrate on A. first. What is good about having so many friends if you can't communicate with them anytime ? The other things could come in later imo.

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts

A.

It should be available since day one. There's nothing more annoying than having to quit a game to read a message.

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 expanded
its probably a trick poll. and they all come at the same time T__T..
either way.. 2.0 better be as amazing as it sounds.. or might as well put a 7.5 score on the 2.0 update :|
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
A is vital, B would be nice. I couldnt care less about C.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
wtf.. it should be C.. T__T.. looks like people don't want friends on the PSN

sure you may get in-game XMB.. doesn't mean your blist would work the most of its functions -____-;
and in-game music is tight and all.. but i rather have a well amazingg friends list.. first.. *sigH*..
i'm a poor 6% :((expanded
50 friends is not enough for you?
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
I wish i was a G.A.P. member. Does Sony just pick people at random to join?
PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
i'd like all 3
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

The only 2 things that i see serving a true purpose are A and C. Thats it..WHo in the heck needs music while playing games? Common..

BTW i voted for A

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#12 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
WOOT I'm part of GAP! It's time to vote B!:P
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
i voted for the in game messaging option.... ingame music would be my second choice
d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#14 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

sony are just doing this for fun because they know well how much hype there was for 2.0 on the 30th. im sure when they think enough votes have been made they will say we think all are important and thats why we will be giving them all to you in the next update.

or they may say we are glad ye like these features and we hope to have (most voted) in fw update 14.65

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Symphonycometh

sony are just doing this for fun because they know well how much hype there was for 2.0 on the 30th. im sure when they think enough votes have been made they will say we think all are important and thats why we will be giving them all to you in the next update.

or they may say we are glad ye like these features and we hope to have (most voted) in fw update 14.65

d_ano

Evilest. Post. Today.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

A is vital, B would be nice. I couldnt care less about C.Devils_Joker_22

My thoughts exactly.

The only thing else I would like to see in a future update is in-game private chat. I use that feature a lot on the 360 and I very much miss it on the PS3.

dan216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 dan216
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
wtf y dont they just put all 3
Cutekitten6_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cutekitten6_18
Member since 2005 • 22640 Posts
what they SHOULD do: release a 1.94 with Choice C. THan make 2.00 with various stuff, including choice A/B. Or rather than A or B.. THey should give us FULL In Game XMB. let us access the whle XMB ( Minus the video and some settings of course ) so with full XMB access we can get our music in game and messages.
Hotwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hotwad
Member since 2006 • 1146 Posts
Why should we have to choose betwen A and B? It seems to me that access to the XMB should allow you to both listen to your music and message your friends. Its rediculous that this has not been done yet.
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
[QUOTE="d_ano"]

Symphonycometh

Evilest. Post. Today.

Im already starting the hype for 3.0, HERE COMES 4D

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

im gonna be pissed if i miss out on music in games due to a stupid poll, they should give all these options anyway, hopefully its just to test the water to see which they shoudl bring out soon and leave teh otehrs on the table for later

again im gonna be pissed if i miss out on music cuz of some dumbass poll, if that were to happen it would seriously put the final nail in the coffin for my ps3

d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#22 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

Why should we have to choose betwen A and B? It seems to me that access to the XMB should allow you to both listen to your music and message your friends. Its rediculous that this has not been done yet.Hotwad

yes it is but i think sony are just playing with us to see how crazy they can make the forums with this poll. i have a feeling they will say all 3 will be in the next update. if sony give us a list of features that can be used with the ps3 and then make us pick between them then they are a bunch of mean a$$#0l£$

plg2307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 plg2307
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts

Why should we have to choose betwen A and B? It seems to me that access to the XMB should allow you to both listen to your music and message your friends. Its rediculous that this has not been done yet.Hotwad

It's not ridiculous, these options takes memory ressources which are not available atm with the current OS. Once they make the OS (Aka XMB) more efficient then A and B option will come but my guess is option B is harder to manage on memory than option A.

My vote goes to option A btw

VampiraJen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 VampiraJen
Member since 2005 • 340 Posts

[QUOTE="expanded"]wtf.. it should be C.. T__T.. looks like people don't want friends on the PSN

i'm a poor 6% :((lusitanogamer
50 friends is not enough for you?

well, thinking ahead six months or a year down the line, what happens when its full, do you start deleting people to make room for new ones?

b would be pretty cool for games like motorstorm, in which you could listen to a whole veriety of music, and not be resitricted to the fifteen or so tunes on the game.

a is the one they should focus on, but cant you do that already with some games. you can access your friends list in r:fom

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 expanded
i only like option 3.. cause i interpret it as .. a better friends list.. :/ cause right now.. it seems unorganized :[
or is that just me..?
Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nike_Air

im gonna be pissed if i miss out on music in games due to a stupid poll, they should give all these options anyway, hopefully its just to test the water to see which they shoudl bring out soon and leave teh otehrs on the table for later

again im gonna be pissed if i miss out on music cuz of some dumbass poll, if that were to happen it would seriously put the final nail in the coffin for my ps3

-DirtySanchez-

Wow , you must really hate in-game music.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

A&B are what I want and also the ability to look at the internet whiles in-game XMB. They need to fix up PSN a bit more features, better looking store a re-vamp of it would be nice and screenshots if they get all those im happy.

EDIT: As well as playlist and folder options and personal images for PSN icons as well as a search option for the PSS and better friend options then im 100% happy lol :D

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -DirtySanchez-
[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"]

Nike_Air

Wow , you must really hate in-game music.

when it comes to games like motorstorm yes, i cant stand listenin to the same crap over and over again especially when its mainly songs i dont care for in the first place
expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 expanded
A&B are what I want and also the ability to look at the internet whiles in-game XMB. They need to fix up PSN a bit more features, better looking store a re-vamp of it would be nice and screenshots if they get all those im happy.G-Legend

loll :"> if i can surf the web in game.. i'd be too tempted to yahoo search : cheats gta 4 XD(c)
GangstaBob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GangstaBob123
Member since 2005 • 557 Posts

just voted on the G.A.P website voted for B

but it looks like this so far

A) 43% 360 votes

B) 52% 442 votes

C)5% 42 Votes

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts

sony are just doing this for fun because they know well how much hype there was for 2.0 on the 30th.

d_ano

Oh yes, they're doing it for fun, because we all know how much fun a faceless corporation can have fun. Definitely not because they don't have it ready or anything like that. :roll:

Also, what kind of fool gets hyped up for a change to the EULA? :|

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

I'd rather have in-game messaging. I can have a stereo beside me with CD's in it.

I get annoyed having to quit the game to read a message. Anyways, having your music playing at the same time as the game, will be louder than the actual game... you'd only really hear your music. I like hearing the game with music in it. I dunno, messaging is more important, cause I can have a stereo right beside me.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -DirtySanchez-

I'd rather have in-game messaging. I can have a stereo beside me with CD's in it.

I get annoyed having to quit the game to read a message. Anyways, having your music playing at the same time as the game, will be louder than the actual game... you'd only really hear your music. I like hearing the game with music in it. I dunno, messaging is more important, cause I can have a stereo right beside me.

LtColJaxson
why dont people ever understand, we dont want to have to listen to the music from and ipod or stereo, i dotn wanna have to mute the game, i wanna be able to listen to the games sounds plus my own music at the same damn time, thats why ingame music is such a big draw, is it really that hard to understand damn
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
A because if I want to listen to music while I'm playing I'll turn on my Radio or MP3 player. I don't really need more room on my friends list because I can just meet them in game.
Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts
I just want a file manager that would allow me to better organize my vids, demos, pics, etc. by my own folder names.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14825 Posts

Wha...? A and B should come together and C is needed by alot of people... Lame poll...gekidami

Agreed, well the poll really isn't lame, but if you can have XMB access then messaging and music should go along with it.

ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

-DirtySanchez-

why dont people ever understand, we dont want to have to listen to the music from and ipod or stereo, i dotn wanna have to mute the game, i wanna be able to listen to the games sounds plus my own music at the same damn time, thats why ingame music is such a big draw, is it really that hard to understand damn

I'm with you on this one. Ever since I've been gaming I've been listening to music at the same time. Maybe it's because I'm ADHD, I don't know, but I like it. It's not hard to do, so why not just do it.

I think ALL the options in the poll should be added...why not? We should be able to do "everything" with this machine, right?

There should be in-game access to everything, not just msging or music, everything.

GangstaBob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GangstaBob123
[QUOTE="-DirtySanchez-"][QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

ScottEFresh

I'm with you on this one. Ever since I've been gaming I've been listening to music at the same time. Maybe it's because I'm ADHD, I don't know, but I like it. It's not hard to do, so why not just do it.

I think ALL the options in the poll should be added...why not? We should be able to do "everything" with this machine, right?

There should be in-game access to everything, not just msging or music, everything.

yea all though y do i need to look at pictures while ina game or watch a video in game

VinnoT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 VinnoT
Member since 2003 • 4649 Posts

its probably a trick poll. and they all come at the same time T__T..
either way.. 2.0 better be as amazing as it sounds.. or might as well put a 7.5 score on the 2.0 update :|expanded

Ill second that.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Symphonycometh

[QUOTE="expanded"]its probably a trick poll. and they all come at the same time T__T..
either way.. 2.0 better be as amazing as it sounds.. or might as well put a 7.5 score on the 2.0 update :|VinnoT

Ill second that.

LOL

KoolEmpty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 KoolEmpty
Member since 2002 • 1081 Posts

This is just a user generated poll, selected and put on the site, this is not an "official" Sony poll. The ability to do in game user music is already there, it's up to the developers to implement it. Don't get all bent out of shape because of this thing.

sgallag_play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 sgallag_play
Member since 2006 • 2007 Posts

I'd go With a Bigger Friends list

Then the in game messaging.

Then I would put the in game music last.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts
[QUOTE="VinnoT"]

[QUOTE="expanded"]its probably a trick poll. and they all come at the same time T__T..
either way.. 2.0 better be as amazing as it sounds.. or might as well put a 7.5 score on the 2.0 update :|Symphonycometh

Ill second that.

LOL

LOL!

GangstaBob123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GangstaBob123

This is just a user generated poll, selected and put on the site, this is not an "official" Sony poll. The ability to do in game user music is already there, it's up to the developers to implement it. Don't get all bent out of shape because of this thing.

KoolEmpty

lol are u in the G.A,P it's rite ther on the site if u were in it it's not user generated it's part of the Monthly Poll They Always Have

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Symphonycometh
[QUOTE="KoolEmpty"]

GangstaBob123

lol are u in the G.A,P it's rite ther on the site if u were in it it's not user generated it's part of the Monthly Poll They Always Have

True there.

BlueShine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BlueShine
Member since 2003 • 549 Posts
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="VinnoT"]

either way.. 2.0 better be as amazing as it sounds.. or might as well put a 7.5 score on the 2.0 update :|Rikusaki

Ill second that.

LOL

LOL!

LOL

KoolEmpty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 KoolEmpty
Member since 2002 • 1081 Posts
I am in GAP, see my PSN ID for my name...This is not an official Sony poll...if you think this thing has anything to do with what's coming in 2.0, or will affect Sonys decision to include or not include something then you're kidding yourself.
jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#48 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts

A.

It should be available since day one. There's nothing more annoying than having to quit a game to read a message.

lusitanogamer

true dat! i couldnt care less about B or C

BlueShine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BlueShine
Member since 2003 • 549 Posts

d_ano

LMAO

AnFangs_Endes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AnFangs_Endes
Member since 2007 • 3785 Posts
[QUOTE="VinnoT"]

either way.. 2.0 better be as amazing as it sounds.. or might as well put a 7.5 score on the 2.0 update :|Symphonycometh

Ill second that.

LOL

:lol: If I had been drinking milk, it would have come out my nose. :lol: