PSN Error, Need Help Ideas

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Fordham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Fordham
Member since 2006 • 164 Posts

My ps3 is apparently having an issue connecting to the PSN. I have internet connection and can get on the internet browser but I cannot sign into psn, when I try I get Error Code 8071053D. Every solution I can find on the internet claims that I need to unplug both my system and my modem/router, restart everything and set up a new connection to fix my problem. Unfortunately, I have mass internet up here at the college, I have no access to a modem or router (I just plug into the wall and have internet) so I have no way to do this. Not to mention it worked perfectly fine about 3 days ago.

I called PS Support and a guy with a heavy accent repeatedly tells me that it is obviously a network problem because my Ps3 cannot connect to the internet, which I explained was wrong. I have an IP address, I have a successful internet connection, I can surf the web on my ps3. Of course, he then says I have no idea you should contact your internet provider. Is there any way to fix this? Any suggestions appreciated.

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Honestly your best option would be to try and speak to someone running the Network on campus, if your in the dorms ask your RA. Hopefully you'll get ahold of someone cool who will help you out.