Jippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Jippo
Member since 2018 • 183 Posts

Got a PS5 for christmas and all my games are digital but 1 and when the disk was install and started to play it PS5 was really loud.Is that good or bad?

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

Loud is not a part of the PS5 plan. So, no. Not good.

k3nn3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 k3nn3th
Member since 2005 • 613 Posts

If the PS5 starts being really loud, that means there is significant activity on the machine which corresponds with what you said: Installing and playing a game. This generates load on the CPU and GPU, causing the machine to heat up and in turn starts forcing more voltage on the fans for more RPM and more cooling.

It's nothing to worry about. Make sure the PS5 is in spot where it has good ventilation. Don't put it in a closed space, let air get through the machine.

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Johnny_Rock

@k3nn3th: The PS5 fan (there is only one) is virtually silent at max RPM. So no, loud is not normal.

Duntastar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Duntastar88
Member since 2019 • 40 Posts

@jippo: The disk drive is really loud in the PS5. Those that assumed it was the fans obviously didn't read the post

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Johnny_Rock

@duntastar88: Yeah, sorry I obviously didnt read the post. Also, where do I go to get my PS5 fixed as I have never heard my disk drive in the 6 months that I've owned and used it to play games and watch 4k blueray movies. It must be broke...

keronbwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 keronbwan
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

I just got a PS5. Got it all set up no issues. I plan on spending the next hour or so exploring the menus and all that is has to offer before diving into any games.

If you guys want any specific details about any specific features or such ask away! I'll answer to the best of my ability!

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1059 Posts

@Johnny_Rock: I guess you contact Sony. Hopefully it is under warranty otherwise you will have to pay for repairs. On the newer PS5s you can replace the disc drive yourself.

Maybe you can just get a new one and sell yours to someone who wants a digital only PS5.