PS4 UI how it looks

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

I've seen the ps4's UI in videos and for the most part it looks pretty barebones, so have any of you been able to customizes it so it's nicer to look at

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

No customization at all. It looks just like the videos. I hope it eventually gets updated to be able to personalize it a bit.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I like it personally, not sure what the complaints are about. I understand if you want to customize it and make it look more unique but I like how it's nice, simple and straight to the point.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

No customization at all. It looks just like the videos. I hope it eventually gets updated to be able to personalize it a bit.

Yeah, that's the one think I'm not looking forward to when I do get mines b/c I'm such a customization whore, lol. I mean, I'm sure they're working to fix that or implement it in w/ future updates....I just hope it doesn't take forever.

Btw, (for those that own one now) can you not even change the background image either?? I would think that's something easy that can be done....:(

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

U can't customize anything afaik. I like it so far it's so much better than ps3 and x1 currently. I liked the 360s ui which makes me sad the x1 seems a step backward while the ps4 took a huge step forward. Then again I hated the ps3s ui so it had lots of room.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PumpkinBoogie

Aww, that's a pity. I mean, but it is pretty nice looking so I guess that's cool, too. But knowing me, if it's not fixed by the time I get one (the coming couple of weeks), it'll probably work my nerves if I look at it enough, lol. But thankfully at least it's not hideous.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@PumpkinBoogie said:

Aww, that's a pity. I mean, but it is pretty nice looking so I guess that's cool, too. But knowing me, if it's not fixed by the time I get one (the coming couple of weeks), it'll probably work my nerves if I look at it enough, lol. But thankfully at least it's not hideous.

You don't even own a PS4 and you're already asking for the UI to be changed? The PS4 UI, while lacking customization, is NOT ugly and it's, more importantly, simple and clean. The only thing I like to see added is main tiles i.e. games, media, sharing. If you have enough games on your hard drive the tile "row" can get a bit long to scroll across to find a game you haven't played in a while.

All in all it's much better than the XB1's UI especially now that they're ditching Kinect. I'd hate to have to navigate that busy mess without voice controls.

PsyphonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By PsyphonX
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I hope it gets updated. It isn't bad, but I don't like going down a single line to find what I'm looking for.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PumpkinBoogie

@porkchopxp said:

@PumpkinBoogie said:

You don't even own a PS4 and you're already asking for the UI to be changed? The PS4 UI, while lacking customization, is NOT ugly and it's, more importantly, simple and clean. The only thing I like to see added is main tiles i.e. games, media, sharing. If you have enough games on your hard drive the tile "row" can get a bit long to scroll across to find a game you haven't played in a while.

All in all it's much better than the XB1's UI especially now that they're ditching Kinect. I'd hate to have to navigate that busy mess without voice controls.

Well for one, where exactly did you even see me say that I was ASKING for it to be changed?? I said I'm sure that it will something that would be implemented in future. Secondly, I don't know why you'd bring up the comment about 'is not ugly and it's, more importantly, simple and clean', as if to imply I mentioned something about it being ugly.....because I didn't.

Read someone's comments more carefully before making assumptions on what you thought they said. <_<

Although, I will admit I agree w/ you about them adding things like more media options and sharing. I was actually surprised when someone mentioned it doesn't even support (at least not yet) most of audio/video formats that the PS3 does being a bit of an audiophile that's a bit of downer.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I dig it, but being able to customize would go a long ways. That and being able to sort what displays on the main row would be huge.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

Can you change colors ?

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

If you love the colour blue you will love it.

If you don't like themes you will love it.