• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SnoSlider-PS3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 SnoSlider-PS3-
Member since 2007 • 178 Posts
How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!
g4merkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 g4merkid
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts
it would be like macaroni without the cheese =(
SnoSlider-PS3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SnoSlider-PS3-
Kool-Aid with-out any sugar...
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts
It's like driving a car on it's rims.
handag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 handag
Member since 2006 • 449 Posts

How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!SnoSlider-PS3-

Sadly im one of those, but mostly because im at collage, all the part time jobs are taken and live in norway where the taxes kills anyone that tries to buy something. The tax is 25% of what the original inport price is for the store -_- so if it costs the store 2000$ for a HD Tv it will cost us a additional 500$ for it, but one more thing, we have to buy it with a Tv Licence because of the channel monopoly here so that adds another 700$ to get a Tv. Thats a Total of 3200$ for a 2000$ Tv with Tax. Sux doesnt it?

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts
I would equate to near beer and decaf coffee. What is point of that?
the_new_neo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 the_new_neo
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
I would prefer to buy games then buy an hd. I'll get a hd as a present after my exams though.
Judonwanit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Judonwanit
Member since 2005 • 1246 Posts
I bought one and had it delivered the day i bough tit.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts

I kinda see it like:

PS3 = Ferrari

Games = Gas

SDTV = Public Roads

HDTV = Closed Track

Avatar image for htownallstar555
htownallstar555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 htownallstar555
Member since 2006 • 172 Posts

I kinda see it like:

PS3 = Ferrari

Games = Gas

SDTV = Public Roads

HDTV = Closed Track

emitsu97

awesome dude

ratboy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ratboy64
Member since 2007 • 406 Posts
like a sandwhich without bread, like a computer with no mouse, like a bull with no horns, cd player without cds, dvd player without dvds, ipod with no headphones, like a man without his "parts" the list goes on and on, they go hand in hand
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
It's like a hot chick with no vergine...
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

How many of you guys are lame enough to be playing your PS3s, BluRays, etc on HDTVs? I mean, pumped out to 120" from an HD projector is the only way to go. There are so many details that you guys miss! ;)

See? I just made your bragging look silly with my bragging! :)

SnoSlider-PS3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SnoSlider-PS3-
All bragging aside, the machine is MEANT to be used in conjunction, as the metafors clearly establish. We should all pitch in and send that guy from Norway a 42" Samsung or something.
Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts
sex with no orgasm
SnoSlider-PS3-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SnoSlider-PS3-
Lol, eloquent, tactful acurate observation Abysenthetic.
safdar05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 safdar05
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts

like a sandwhich without bread, like a computer with no mouse, like a bull with no horns, cd player without cds, dvd player without dvds, ipod with no headphones, like a man without his "parts" the list goes on and on, they go hand in handratboy64

Oh Shut up! you are all spoilt and so used to HDTVS which is why you think sdtvs are so low grade. sdtv's are fine for us younger high school students and ps3 gamers we dont earn enough money like you to be able to afford 10 grand hdtv's! we'are fine with sdtvs and dont need you boasting about your hdtvs to try to make us feel all left out. besides i am not going to be paying an extra £700 for a better resolution and just to get the full xperience. the full experience is not worth it right now and ill just wait until i earn enough money!

Lepuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lepuke
Member since 2004 • 644 Posts

If it's such a nessecessity why don't Sony include some damn HD cables in the box with the thing? Just a small gripe there.

But I do enjoy my 57" widescreen display.

Scubei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Scubei
Member since 2004 • 212 Posts

[QUOTE="SnoSlider-PS3-"]How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!handag

Sadly im one of those, but mostly because im at collage, all the part time jobs are taken and live in norway where the taxes kills anyone that tries to buy something. The tax is 25% of what the original inport price is for the store -_- so if it costs the store 2000$ for a HD Tv it will cost us a additional 500$ for it, but one more thing, we have to buy it with a Tv Licence because of the channel monopoly here so that adds another 700$ to get a Tv. Thats a Total of 3200$ for a 2000$ Tv with Tax. Sux doesnt it?

DUDE MOVE TO THE USA!

ratboy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ratboy64

[QUOTE="ratboy64"]like a sandwhich without bread, like a computer with no mouse, like a bull with no horns, cd player without cds, dvd player without dvds, ipod with no headphones, like a man without his "parts" the list goes on and on, they go hand in handsafdar05

im in 9th grade and my only income is 20 bux a month from grandma and maybe my parents will throw me a bone for a good report card, it was well worth it to me.

Oh Shut up! you are all spoilt and so used to HDTVS which is why you think sdtvs are so low grade. sdtv's are fine for us younger high school students and ps3 gamers we dont earn enough money like you to be able to afford 10 grand hdtv's! we'are fine with sdtvs and dont need you boasting about your hdtvs to try to make us feel all left out. besides i am not going to be paying an extra £700 for a better resolution and just to get the full xperience. the full experience is not worth it right now and ill just wait until i earn enough money!

ratboy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ratboy64
that came out wierd- the middle paragraph that starts out im in 9th grade is mine
wheezal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wheezal
Member since 2004 • 3066 Posts

it's like sex without a partner

and more crying

:)

Absynthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Absynthetic
Member since 2004 • 1897 Posts

If it's such a nessecessity why don't Sony include some damn HD cables in the box with the thing? Just a small gripe there.

But I do enjoy my 57" widescreen display.

Lepuke

because at the time less than 10% of homes had HDTV capable sets

RocBoi_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RocBoi_18
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

it like kool-aid no sugar, peanut butter no jelly, ham no burger

sm0ke311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sm0ke311
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts
[QUOTE="handag"]

[QUOTE="SnoSlider-PS3-"]How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!Scubei

DUDE MOVE TO THE USA!

i paid for hdtv 1000eros + we have tv licence here in finland ps3 costs 470euros new games 69euros fu***** awesom

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
[QUOTE="handag"]

[QUOTE="SnoSlider-PS3-"]How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!Scubei

DUDE MOVE TO THE USA!

Dude - Norway runs a huge financial surplus every year and saves for the future due to all the oil they are pumping out. The ones that work makes a ton more money, but it is expensive to live there. Long term better deal and social security that actually works - thinking it is ok to wait a few years for a HDTV.....

Scubei - you could buy a HD monitor that should get you out of the tv license by you claiming it is for computer only....

nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

[QUOTE="ratboy64"]like a sandwhich without bread, like a computer with no mouse, like a bull with no horns, cd player without cds, dvd player without dvds, ipod with no headphones, like a man without his "parts" the list goes on and on, they go hand in handsafdar05

You sound jealous... want the 42" Samsung that sits beneath my projector screen for when I don't want to use the projector? ;)

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
i'm actuallly fine playing on sdtv... hdtv is just another luxury imho
DJWheezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DJWheezer
Member since 2003 • 195 Posts
PS3 is great on any definition. I started out on an SDTV, then upgraded to a 42" 1080p screen. The difference is amazing. I'll never go back.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
Likr french fries without ketchup...
trippp11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 trippp11
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts
whats the point of ps3 blu ray with no HD DONT BUY A PS3 WITHOUT HDTV, thats dumb is looks terrible with out with its amazing,
_HMN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 _HMN_
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
theres an hd tv on my house, but i prefer having it in my room (sd tv)...ive seen it on an hd tv, its basicallythe same thing
_HMN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 _HMN_

Likr french fries without ketchup...GreenGoblin2099

pfft...mayonnaise, anyone?

kalkhaja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#34 kalkhaja
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts
theres an hd tv on my house, but i prefer having it in my room (sd tv)...ive seen it on an hd tv, its basicallythe same thing_HMN_
well i got an hdtv yesterday, and you are completely wrong.....maybe you are not using an hdmi cable? or your tv is broken? or you forgot to put on your glasses? whichever it is, there is a difference...
sandjar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sandjar
Member since 2005 • 291 Posts
I'm also one of them :( I don't want to pay 2 grand for an HDTV. I just don't.
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts

just got my ps3 a few days ago and am playing on a square 21" 'ferguson' sdtv woo! got to say it really is great i bought motorstorm and resistence to play and the graphics are very good, still feel like im missing out a bit.

Liquid_Snake92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 Liquid_Snake92
Member since 2005 • 3380 Posts
I have a rather old SDTV at the moment. However, I'm saving up for a 1080p 32 inch, 5ms, 10000:1 Contrast Ratio for 1000. (My room is small, so if I got any bigger than about a 32 inch or so, it would look weird as hell.)
ratboy64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ratboy64
baseball without balls- i mean you just gotta have it
_HMN_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 _HMN_

[QUOTE="_HMN_"]theres an hd tv on my house, but i prefer having it in my room (sd tv)...ive seen it on an hd tv, its basicallythe same thingkalkhaja
well i got an hdtv yesterday, and you are completely wrong.....maybe you are not using an hdmi cable? or your tv is broken? or you forgot to put on your glasses? whichever it is, there is a difference...

it was for like 25 minutes :(...anyway, i dont really care if it gives it extra detail and stuff.

youngn123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 youngn123
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
i chose to buy the ps3 first, then get the hdtv. one step at a time people.
samsengir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#41 samsengir
Member since 2004 • 4066 Posts

SDTV are fine with the PS3. In fact they may well offer a smoother picture than a HDTV due to the quality not being so good meaning that any flaws with the visuals on a HDTV go unnoticed on a SDTV. Just don't try and read anything that's written on a SDTV - it's almost impossible to make out.

Saying that I've now got a 42" Toshiba 1080p LCD to play on. I could almost sit at the bottom of the garden and still carry on playing. :)

Lunar52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#42 Lunar52
Member since 2006 • 2538 Posts
my uncle has a ps3 with out hd and it looks great not really a big deal
cheez-it_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 cheez-it_kid
Member since 2008 • 702 Posts

How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!SnoSlider-PS3-

I could care less about an HD, I'd rather have fun with the games then care about some shadow or tree that doesnt have perfect shading. And besides it doesnt look that bad :?

safdar05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 safdar05
Member since 2008 • 157 Posts

[QUOTE="SnoSlider-PS3-"]How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!cheez-it_kid

I could care less about an HD, I'd rather have fun with the games then care about some shadow or tree that doesnt have perfect shading. And besides it doesnt look that bad :?

yeh, totally agree with you there, i am simply not willing to pay an extra £400 just yet, only to get the full shadows and lighting effects etc. Youtube shows videos of games being played on a sdtv with ps3, and to be honest they look perfectly fine. HDTV only adds in the xtra brightness and removes all smll lines of fuzziness.

dwade_vokmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dwade_vokmy
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts
playing ps3 without HD is like jus like playing a ps2
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
lol...you guys are mean!!!
jimm895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jimm895
Member since 2007 • 7703 Posts
After getting a HDTV I have a hard time watching anything on SDTV now.
ghostjga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ghostjga
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts

[QUOTE="SnoSlider-PS3-"]How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!handag

Buy a LCD monitor and a VGA cable. Problem solved!

ghostjga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ghostjga
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts
[QUOTE="handag"]

[QUOTE="SnoSlider-PS3-"]How many of you poor unfortunate underpriveledged deprived starving lost souls are playing on standard tv's. Stop spending your money on games and save for the HDTV!ghostjga

Buy a LCD monitor and a VGA cable. Problem solved! No TV Tax.

Gimax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Gimax1
Member since 2008 • 177 Posts

I have a LCD monitor that runs in 1080p.

And I bought for $325 brand new. Difference is big and I love it yet it didn't kill my wallet like those big ass HDTVs