PS3: Wired or Wireless?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbass63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cbass63
Member since 2011 • 54 Posts
Which one is more prefered and why?
Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
You mean internet connection? Wired is always prefered as it is more reliable and easier to set up.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

With wired there's no signal loss so you'll get a better connection, but wireless is a lot more convenient because you don't have to run wires through walls and that sort of thing. And a good wireless connection will give you all the speed you need.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

I've had both and honestly I don't notice any difference. As long as you have a solid signal and a reliable router it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

cbass63

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cbass63
Member since 2011 • 54 Posts
Im currently wired connection, whats weird is that I cant even access to my computer at home yet my connection is still perfectly fine... knock on wood Despite me even trying to hassle w/the wires it could wipe my connection in a heart beat
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

I dont really notice a differnce between the two until i run internet connect tests and see the download and upload speeds and DL demos is always faster wired but if you can without a hassle wired, i am forced to wireless at the moment

darkman006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 darkman006
Member since 2009 • 933 Posts
Wireless for both the controller and connection. And I haven't had next to any problems with my internet connection.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I prefer wired but my setup is wireless at the moment.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The only PS3 that has to have a wired connection is the old Playstation 3 20GB launch model. All other PS3's have the option for Wired and Wireless internet connection. Depending on the internet provider and the quality of the wireless service. I have done both wired and wireless internet conections for the the 3 PS3 that I have owned. The PS3 is excellent for both I just find that the internet carrier is more of an issue then the actual PS3. (20Gb model excluded, since it is only able to use wired contection)

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#10 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

With wired there's no signal loss so you'll get a better connection, but wireless is a lot more convenient because you don't have to run wires through walls and that sort of thing. And a good wireless connection will give you all the speed you need.

Jackc8

and

The only PS3 that has to have a wired connection is the old Playstation 3 20GB launch model. All other PS3's have the option for Wired and Wireless internet connection. Depending on the internet provider and the quality of the wireless service. I have done both wired and wireless internet conections for the the 3 PS3 that I have owned. The PS3 is excellent for both I just find that the internet carrier is more of an issue then the actual PS3. (20Gb model excluded, since it is only able to use wired contection)

Megavideogamer

Wired is not bad to have--I used to have my home network wired, when I had dial-up--but as the years went on and I switched to wireless (over several years ago); I found it far more convinient especially when I started adding my gaming to it, first w/ my PSP & then w/ my PS3 later and other tech things. I've had my setup going for many years and I've yet to have any major issues at least w/ how I got my setup going. Usually any problems that do arise have to do w/ my ISP, itself (as Megavideogamer mentioned).

Wireless just has done me better for what I have going on at home.

xXRukasuXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xXRukasuXx
Member since 2010 • 1647 Posts
I use wireless, I prefer it.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

I've had both and honestly I don't notice any difference. As long as you have a solid signal and a reliable router it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

caseystryker
You may not notice but people you are playing against tend to. You may skip across the screen but that really helps you out more than hurt you.
meteo_ryte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 meteo_ryte
Member since 2005 • 1962 Posts
Wireless. There's so many electronics around the tv, and so many of them not wireless, anything that can possibly work without wires is gonna be connected without wires. I'm beginning to hate wires.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Wired for performance, wireless for convenience. I go for performance, personally.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#15 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Wired. But my PS3 is only about three feet from my router, so not using a cable would be silly. I find the adapter in the PS3 to be pretty unreliable anyway, and even at that close range it gets slower download speeds than an ethernet cable.
CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

I prefer wireless when it comes to my DS3 controller and wired when it comes to internet connection.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
wired is always better
Avatar image for deactivated-60156c31f349f
deactivated-60156c31f349f

Forum Posts