PS3... What do you think so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ravage77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ravage77
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts
I'm planning on buying a PS3 very soon and would like to know what you think.... worth the price?  How is Resistance?  I own a 360 and  was wondering what your honest opinions are.
LoboSolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LoboSolo
Member since 2002 • 1136 Posts
I too own a 360 and I love my PS3. Now is a good time, a bunch of good games coming.
Xanog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 Xanog1
Member since 2004 • 12332 Posts

I absolutely love the system, I'd say as far as hardware goes, it's my favorite system ever.

Resistance is a great game, one of my favorite FPS. The campaign was really fun, and multiplayer is crazy (in a good way). Tons of replay value.

Outside of Resistance, though, there aren't any full games that I feel that I would enjoy (unless GTHD counts, that is fun). However, that will all change starting in 10 days, with the release of VF5, then it is non-stop game releases through may, and then plenty of releases thereafter.

0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts
well, I love it. I have had resistance since launch, and me and my friend just got UL, which is fun... but I can't wait for Motorstorm.
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

I absolutely love the system, I'd say as far as hardware goes, it's my favorite system ever.

Resistance is a great game, one of my favorite FPS. The campaign was really fun, and multiplayer is crazy (in a good way). Tons of replay value.

Outside of Resistance, though, there aren't any full games that I feel that I would enjoy (unless GTHD counts, that is fun). However, that will all change starting in 10 days, with the release of VF5, then it is non-stop game releases through may, and then plenty of releases thereafter.

Xanog1

couldn't have said it better myself
Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
Its a great system, its worth all the money it costs. In a few months its gonna be close to perfect.
DRUNK_CANADIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DRUNK_CANADIAN
Member since 2005 • 1972 Posts

I LOVE MY PS3....literally...i made sweet sweet love to it.....I got my weiner burnt though...than I ate my weiner....hmmm Breakfast sausage

shabutie9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 shabutie9000
Member since 2005 • 667 Posts

I LOVE MY PS3....literally...i made sweet sweet love to it.....I got my weiner burnt though...than I ate my weiner....hmmm Breakfast sausage

DRUNK_CANADIAN
yeah man, i know what your saying.
prestofive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 prestofive
Member since 2003 • 84 Posts
I love mine a lot!!  I can't wait for motorstorm, I just hope Killzone 2 and other top list titles are up to par!!
TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts
I think it is the best thing in the world right now, few more games released in March will make it even more amazing.  My brother and my friend have xbox 360 and it's kinda gay how you have to pay for the online, it seems like a pain in the but. But yeah PS3 IS AWESOME!!!:D I have no regets for buying, i think i made the right choice. 
bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bigredman3000
Member since 2006 • 1935 Posts
I think it is the best thing in the world right now, few more games released in March will make it even more amazing. My brother and my friend have xbox 360 and it's kinda gay how you have to pay for the online, it seems like a pain in the but. But yeah PS3 IS AWESOME!!!:D I have no regets for buying, i think i made the right choice. TheYellowYeti

same with me :D , can't wait for motorstorm just got through playing the demo a while ago.
slithermgs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 slithermgs4
Member since 2006 • 396 Posts
totaly worth the money I love mine as for resistance its a good game and that says a lot coming from a guy that doesnt like fps
ajmccarthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ajmccarthy
Member since 2006 • 563 Posts
Have all 3 consoles, I love the PS3. Just picked up an import of Virtua FIghter 5 and man, it truly shows the power of the system, good things ahead my friend.
RoYaL1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RoYaL1990
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
I LOVE MY PS3!!!! I just can't wait for March to come around and the future is lookin great for PS3.
Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
It's also a very convenient machine to use. I love putting songs onto the harddrive and listening to my favorite songs at my command. It's getting even better with the updates. Just put the updates on a flashdrive and the PS3 will just eat 'em up. It's also nice and quiet. I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't had any problems playing PS2 games on it.
lil50cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lil50cent
Member since 2003 • 2741 Posts
its a great system got some tight games coming...still needs a little work but hey wht new system dosent need work
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
i love mine. Resistance was great, I love the free PSN and online play without any lag whatsoever. I am also overwhelmed by the sheer amount of titles that are coming to take my money (Virtua Fighter 5, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Motor storm, Calling All Cars, God of War 2, FlOw, Virtua Tennis, NBA Street) March is going to destroy my wallet.
Mark2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Mark2099
Member since 2006 • 1008 Posts

why get it if u already have a 360? The two systems are so similar in design......

Wii26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#20 Wii26
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts

why get it if u already have a 360? The two systems are so similar in design......

Mark2099

They aren't remotely similar. Not in physical, internal, online, and accessory design. I don't see one thing similar between the two consoles except that they share some game titles.
Mark2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Mark2099
Member since 2006 • 1008 Posts
thats what i meant, that they share a lot of the same titles. The wii on the other hand it totally different.  
six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
But the Wii has nothing but re-released 15-20 year old games and shallow party games that get old in an hour unless you're stoned or drunk.caseystryker
lol...very true.
Bulldog257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bulldog257
Member since 2006 • 88 Posts
[QUOTE="Mark2099"]

Wii26

They aren't remotely similar. Not in physical, internal, online, and accessory design. I don't see one thing similar between the two consoles except that they share some game titles.

i think the same the ps3 kicks A**
AndrewStar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AndrewStar101
Member since 2005 • 800 Posts
I have a Ps3 and a Xboxx-360, no wii though. Personally, I highly regret buying the ps3, i dont even remeber the last time i played it. Though WoW may be a reason for it, dunno. I play my 360 still the most though, love playing oblivion, madden, Gears of War, and Vegas. Online wise, yes ps3 is free, but here is how i look at it. Would I rather pay 50$ for a whole year of great online features and service? Or Lifetime but half as good online>? To me, 50$ or 5$ a month is nothing, and im pretty sure 95% of the people here can afford it. I do plan on getting a wii soon, once i can find one. o btw, the main reason why people say 360 and ps3 are simular, is because both systems support high end HDTV Graphics, and most of the games are avaible on both systems, besides first party ofcourse.
beyond_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 2

#26 beyond_17
Member since 2004 • 1043 Posts
PS3 is the first time i got a launch system since the SNES and i have never been happier :) Its a really well designed, great hardware. Very stylish and hi tech. Resistance is a gem of a game, the single player is solid and the online multiplayer is a lot of fun. There is a bit of a drought at the moment but i honestly cant complain cause i'm more than happy with Resistance right now. In anycase, the floodgates open in March. From there on there'll be more games than i can count, so its looking good and its a great time to be a PS3 owner! I also have a Wii btw but it rarely ever gets any play time, and it probably wont until Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3.
weijie86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 weijie86
Member since 2006 • 219 Posts
can say much bout it now..still anticipating a price drop though..haha...and gotta wait for a year or two before considering getting one for myself...hope that there are some great games that may somehow persuade me to have this BABE!!
AndrewStar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AndrewStar101
Member since 2005 • 800 Posts
can say much bout it now..still anticipating a price drop though..haha...and gotta wait for a year or two before considering getting one for myself...hope that there are some great games that may somehow persuade me to have this BABE!!weijie86
Price drop? lol fool, better go buy one now, last i hurd ps3 will be goin up 100$ in about a year. GG lol im bored
yixingtpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 yixingtpot
Member since 2005 • 1484 Posts
it's the best console ever designed by far. i can't believe how good it actually is and it's only just getting started. i average buying about 60 games for each Sony console, and with the PS3 it may even get higher in number because i've decided to go exclusively with only Sony systems, PSP and PS3 this time. last time i wasted money on the Game Cube and regretted it except for the Resident Evil games. once the PS3 hits it's stride it will crush the other systems into tiny chunks of junk plastic and scrap metal.
dascmir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dascmir
Member since 2003 • 155 Posts
Well i dont got one yet since i live in EU but i got to play one yesturday and omg im in love :-)
ephoenix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ephoenix6
Member since 2004 • 434 Posts

DRUNK_CANADIAN
1816 posts and still level 1? impossible
vj226966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 vj226966
Member since 2006 • 484 Posts
i just got mine friday and i love it i took it out the box plugged it up set up my account it found mine wireless router and boom did my update done works like a charm rfom looks awsome i love it well worth the money.
wenzke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 wenzke
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts

I also own both a X360 and PS3.  I had been planning on having both, but intended on waiting a little longer for the PS3, but, what can I say, it was avialable on sheleves earlier than I thought.

Resistance is a good game, and the multiplayer adds long legs.  I would advise that if you are going to get one any way, get one before the EU launch, as I would not be surprised if they become harder to find after that until about June.  Especially as more good games come out.

If I were recommending to someone what systems to get: X360 1st, then PS3.  This is mostly secondary to the large library of games currently avialable and the fact that MOST games will be multi-platform between these two.  The PS3 is an excellent system, it is well designed and it really is just pretty.   IT fits nicely into an AV set-up.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
The PS3 is an excellent system. Resistance is a very good game; i love it. In March and April there are gonna be awesome game releases, so Resistance won't be the only great game on the shelves. (If you're getting the PS3 soon make sure to get the 60gig one, trust me those extra 40gig, wi-fi, and flash drives are worth it, and those extra $100 bucks you pay really pay-off in the long run.)
marco_polo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 marco_polo13
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts
I think its a really good system but the only thing thats hurting it is not having many good games. Don't get me wrong cus Resistance is an awesome game but thats like the only game worth buying right now. I think by the end of March PS3 is going to be a heavy hitter.
Avatar image for ColoradoKindBud
ColoradoKindBud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 ColoradoKindBud
Member since 2005 • 23882 Posts
It's a great system, with a lack of great games.  But that should change soon so I think the outlook is good for the PS3.