ps3 sold out over here in wisconsin :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

weedfacekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 weedfacekilla
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

i live in madison and now that i have the money to buy a ps3 they are all sold out. if you know a store in madison or close to madison could you please tell me.

i have checked these: walmart, bestbuy, target, gamestop (they have some but are used), sears, costco, blockbuster

weedfacekilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 weedfacekilla
Member since 2009 • 435 Posts

don't know if i can change the title but it's not sold out everywhere just around my area.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

don't know if i can change the title but it's not sold out everywhere just around my area.

weedfacekilla

Heh, I have two friends that are trying to buy one but can't. Oh well, I think people are buying them for the upcoming summer and graduation.

csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

order online?

captkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 captkiwi
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts

order online?

csadhoo

That's probably your best bet right now.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Why do you think it being sold out in your city is worthy of a thread or news? I mean they can easily be bought on Amazon.com, they have aplenty and that's been the case for several weeks now.
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
Why do you think it being sold out in your city is worthy of a thread or news? I mean they can easily be bought on Amazon.com, they have aplenty and that's been the case for several weeks now.gamer082009
Yeah amazon is a good option but who wanna wait for a couple of days when they can set that up less then an hour from buying it..thats why I didn't buy mines from amazon.. but if you got no chioice go to amazon! Mean while check everywhere, gamestop,bestbuy,wallmart heck Kmart.Target somewhere.
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
Yeah I ordered my Slim from Amazon. But TC might not have a CC :/ So just keep looking and be patient. It took me a week before I finally found the PS3 in stock on Amazon.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gamer082009
[QUOTE="gamer082009"]Why do you think it being sold out in your city is worthy of a thread or news? I mean they can easily be bought on Amazon.com, they have aplenty and that's been the case for several weeks now.Santesyu
Yeah amazon is a good option but who wanna wait for a couple of days when they can set that up less then an hour from buying it..thats why I didn't buy mines from amazon.. but if you got no chioice go to amazon! Mean while check everywhere, gamestop,bestbuy,wallmart heck Kmart.Target somewhere.

The amount you pay for tax in the store, you could pay less to amazon and get next day/over night shipping. Be foreal!
Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

[QUOTE="Santesyu"][QUOTE="gamer082009"]Why do you think it being sold out in your city is worthy of a thread or news? I mean they can easily be bought on Amazon.com, they have aplenty and that's been the case for several weeks now.gamer082009

The amount you pay for tax in the store, you could pay less to amazon and get next day/over night shipping. Be foreal!

your right, but I think its totally worth it, 2 different experiences really...to me it just feels better when your up there for something big like this rather then to just order a system online.. But to each there own, when I bought my system the tax wasn't that much don't act like its overly expensive because it wasn't just 5-10 bucks over.. Iam not saying amazon isn't a bad place its an awesome place thats where I buy my games from. It feels good when your actually up there getting your system then waiting for it to come in the mail. Well thats my 2 cents in this thread.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

Why do you think it being sold out in your city is worthy of a thread or news? I mean they can easily be bought on Amazon.com, they have aplenty and that's been the case for several weeks now.gamer082009
If you don't think it's a worthy thread then why bother to comment? Nothing wrong with asking for some help.

They are in short supply where I live, too. The supply chain is very lean, that's for sure.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamer082009

[QUOTE="gamer082009"]Why do you think it being sold out in your city is worthy of a thread or news? I mean they can easily be bought on Amazon.com, they have aplenty and that's been the case for several weeks now.bdhoff

If you don't think it's a worthy thread then why bother to comment? Nothing wrong with asking for some help.

They are in short supply where I live, too. The supply chain is very lean, that's for sure.

There's no short supply..maybe your local chain is but everywhere else there easily available (sometimes those local places only get like 3 in stock at a time).
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gamer082009

[QUOTE="gamer082009"][QUOTE="Santesyu"] Yeah amazon is a good option but who wanna wait for a couple of days when they can set that up less then an hour from buying it..thats why I didn't buy mines from amazon.. but if you got no chioice go to amazon! Mean while check everywhere, gamestop,bestbuy,wallmart heck Kmart.Target somewhere.Santesyu

your right, but I think its totally worth it, 2 different experiences really...to me it just feels better when your up there for something big like this rather then to just order a system online.. But to each there own, when I bought my system the tax wasn't that much don't act like its overly expensive because it wasn't just 5-10 bucks over.. Iam not saying amazon isn't a bad place its an awesome place thats where I buy my games from. It feels good when your actually up there getting your system then waiting for it to come in the mail. Well thats my 2 cents in this thread.

The tax on a 299.99 machine is pretty expensive..almost $20 in Wisconsin..5.6% Wisconsin sales tax on a $299.99 PS3 is about $16.80..so he'd be paying $316.79. But At Amazon with next day shipping it'd be no sales tax and a charge of $10 or so..or he can get the 2nd day shipping for free only paying $299. And you're wrong if you think a $300 machine is only gonna have a $5 or so sales tax..be foreal! $60 games have like a $4 or so tax on em..so why would a $300 unit be around the same? lol..I know sales tax is different in almost all states..but, the tax is still gonna be considerable unless you live in Delaware where it's like 0% actually

Avatar image for abd_alazeez2002
abd_alazeez2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 abd_alazeez2002
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
i think sony faces a supply shortage because ps3 software sales in march were very high although hardware sales is not that high compared to the software
kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#15 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

I'm glad they are selling so good. 8)

yeaaboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yeaaboii
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts

Actually right now on Amazon you can sign up for Amazon Prime for free for a month and it gives you free 3 day shipping on anything.. And you can go into your account preferences and tell them that you want to cancel it after the month and you pay nothing.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
here in Canada there are some... but not too many around 5 or 6 per store
avand963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 avand963
Member since 2005 • 51 Posts

theres tons of them up here in stevens point. They are at best buy, target, walmart....hell even k-mart has some. I guess all you fancy pants madison folk cant order gaming consoles like they order non-dairy camel frappechinos ;)