This topic is locked from further discussion.

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#1 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
ok i am really considering to buy a ps3 on launch date in the Uk only one thing bugs me. With the xbox360 recently loads of them have been getting the three red lights soon after warranty has anyone had a broken down ps3 or anything sligthly techinal problems. Its just i dont want to pay £425 and then have it break straight after the warranty is over. Please help and i dont want any info from trolls and dont go telling me im wrong about whats happened to the 360 because ive read it and 3 of my friends have had their 360's break down. Also please be honest for the Sony fanboys please dont tell me lies just because you want to defend sony because im a sony fan too i just dont want to blow all my cash. Thanks.
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
I've had my PS3 since five days after the American launch. The only problem I've had is that it's froze a couple times. Other than that though, it's worked perfectly. I dont think you'll have to worry about PS3 acting up like 360's. The launch 360's were probably the worst made console ever because it was extremely rushed. PS3 is a well built machine.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts
ok i am really considering to buy a ps3 on launch date in the Uk only one thing bugs me. With the xbox360 recently loads of them have been getting the three red lights soon after warranty has anyone had a broken down ps3 or anything sligthly techinal problems. Its just i dont want to pay £425 and then have it break straight after the warranty is over. Please help and i dont want any info from trolls and dont go telling me im wrong about whats happened to the 360 because ive read it and 3 of my friends have had their 360's break down. Also please be honest for the Sony fanboys please dont tell me lies just because you want to defend sony because im a sony fan too i just dont want to blow all my cash. Thanks.
Keir21
there was a post about how many people had problems with their PS3, it was up to 130 or so people, and like 1 person who stated they had a problem (the other yes answers were most likely trolls, since they didnt ellaborrate) very realiable, no common problems at all
Rifle76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rifle76
Member since 2005 • 721 Posts
The only problem I have heard is the PS3 freezing while playing blu-ray and DVD movies,but that is an easy fix all you have to do is disable the internet in the network settings
akuya32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 akuya32
Member since 2006 • 1166 Posts
So far so good. I had my system since US launch and so far no problems.
PSN:Meeks32
Gamers Game......... Fanboys Pick Sides...........
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 2largeadults
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
PS3 for about a month now. No issues except the bluray freezing and again, all you need to do is disable the wifi and you're set. I purchased this console for the same reason you're considering it. I didn't like hearing about the hardware defects that the other system suffered from. Yes, you could get an extended warranty. But if it's breaking down now, I'd hate to see what happens 2/3/4/5 years down the road after it's been abused, left on, overplayed, etc... etc... The warranty certainly won't cover it by that point. I think you'd make the wise choice in going with the PS3. It's lacking a bit in the games department (temporary problem) but as far as hardware reliability goes, it's head and shoulders above the other console.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
no problem here so far. i think it is much more reliable than the ps 2. i think sony made sure this time around that there not losing money on hardwere issues. don't forget thow that your system has less in it to mess up(ps 2 chip ect.)  i think this time around they use a better dvd rom than the ps 2. i'm in the same boat thow i do not want to replace it in 2 years when warrenty runs out. my whife would never let me pay another 500 on the system.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 2largeadults
Haha okayyyyy. Theres more Wiis than PS3's out there. Thats why the probelms seem limited you moron. Every system has set-backs when it launches. What you need to worry about is how your going to sell the piece of trash when it loses, like it is right now.SoonToBeT2k7
who are you talking to?
NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NextGenNow
Member since 2007 • 2622 Posts
Haha okayyyyy. Theres more Wiis than PS3's out there. Thats why the probelms seem limited you moron. Every system has set-backs when it launches. What you need to worry about is how your going to sell the piece of trash when it loses, like it is right now.SoonToBeT2k7
lol? What in God's name are you rambling about?
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gzus666
[QUOTE="SoonToBeT2k7"]Haha okayyyyy. Theres more Wiis than PS3's out there. Thats why the probelms seem limited you moron. Every system has set-backs when it launches. What you need to worry about is how your going to sell the piece of trash when it loses, like it is right now.NextGenNow

i dont think he understands what defect percentages are. apparently he only understands raw numbers.
Bloodcore77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Bloodcore77
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts
I've had my PS3 for a while now and nothing has happened except for a few static scene, like those in a bad movie but that may be because of the wire, not the PS3.
armysas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 armysas
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
if you have it for 5 days and its crashed a couple of times already then wots the point if it does it a couple of times brand new wots it gonna be like when its say 6 months old i dunno bout you but no thanks id have the 360 or wii

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
[QUOTE="SoonToBeT2k7"]Haha okayyyyy. Theres more Wiis than PS3's out there. Thats why the probelms seem limited you moron. Every system has set-backs when it launches. What you need to worry about is how your going to sell the piece of trash when it loses, like it is right now.NextGenNow

Eh... he's obviously a PS3 hater that's trolling on the PS3 boards. *Gives the boot FTW!* :D
BlueSteam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 BlueSteam
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts
The PS3 is a solid piece of machinery. I've only had problems when watching blu-ray movies, but as I've read here, that's an easy fix.
NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NextGenNow
The PS3 is a solid piece of machinery. I've only had problems when watching blu-ray movies, but as I've read here, that's an easy fix. BlueSteam
yup...firmware update ftw actually
NextGenNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NextGenNow
Why do people like you come here and spew your BS that we know is BS that you know is BS because you have buyers remorse we are supposed to care? gtfo troll boy!! :lol:
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gzus666
if you have it for 5 days and its crashed a couple of times already then wots the point if it does it a couple of times brand new wots it gonna be like when its say 6 months old i dunno bout you but no thanks id have the 360 or wii

armysas
anyone understand this guy at all? who has had what for 5 days that has crashed a few times? if your talking about the box, then yes, they break all the time. if your speaking of te PS3, i have yet to hear of a crash, only a few glitches that can be smoothed with firmware, but thats a software problem, this is a hardware question thread. the hardware is solid
AMORPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AMORPR
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
BUY AN EXTRA TWO YEARS WARRANTY FOR THE XBOX 360 THRU MICROSOFT, I HAD TO SENT MINE TO REPAIR THREE TIMES......FREE.....ALL THE REPAIRS WAS DONE WITHIN 10 DAYS...INCLUDING SHIPPING....ALL FREE.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gzus666
BUY AN EXTRA TWO YEARS WARRANTY FOR THE XBOX 360 THRU MICROSOFT, I HAD TO SENT MINE TO REPAIR THREE TIMES......FREE.....ALL THE REPAIRS WAS DONE WITHIN 10 DAYS...INCLUDING SHIPPING....ALL FREE.AMORPR
IS YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY BROKE? OR ARE YOU ONE OF THE FEW... PEOPLE WHO FEEL LIKE THIS REALLY SHOWS YOUR... INTELLIGENCE? IF YOUR KEY IS BROKE, YOU MIGHT LOOK INTO BUYING A NEW ONE, AS THIS IS... ANNOYING FOR MOST PEOPLE I BELIEVE. DID I ADD ENOUGH ... IN THERE FOR NO REASON?
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 2largeadults
BUY AN EXTRA TWO YEARS WARRANTY FOR THE XBOX 360 THRU MICROSOFT, I HAD TO SENT MINE TO REPAIR THREE TIMES......FREE.....ALL THE REPAIRS WAS DONE WITHIN 10 DAYS...INCLUDING SHIPPING....ALL FREE.AMORPR
If I'm paying $300+ for anything, you can bet I won't be happy sending anything in 3 times. Free or not. Fast or not. Including shipping or not.
2largeadults

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 2largeadults

armysas
If you have it for 5 days and it's already showing the red rings of light, then what's the point? What is it going to be like 3 years from now when it has no warranty? No thanks, I'll stick with my PS3.
deadkingdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deadkingdg
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
The only problem I had was on day one (november 17th), I played the motorstorm demo and it worked fine. Later in the same day, I wanted to show it to my friend, but it wasn't working. We switched to Resistance and it wasn't working either. I rebooted and it didn't work. I turned it off with the switch in the back and it worked fine after, I had no problems since then. Maybe it was fixed with a firmware update soon after. It did scare me at first, but I bought a prolonged warranty, so I wasn't scared that much.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Gzus666
The only problem I had was on day one (november 17th), I played the motorstorm demo and it worked fine. Later in the same day, I wanted to show it to my friend, but it wasn't working. We switched to Resistance and it wasn't working either. I rebooted and it didn't work. I turned it off with the switch in the back and it worked fine after, I had no problems since then. Maybe it was fixed with a firmware update soon after. It did scare me at first, but I bought a prolonged warranty, so I wasn't scared that much.deadkingdg
this is basically the only type of problems i hear, which are software issues, not hardware, so easily fixed. so, hard to complain
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

armysas
If the ps3 is so suc like you imply, then how come you keep roaming the ps3 forums? Go figure.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gzus666
[QUOTE="armysas"]if you have it for 5 days and its crashed a couple of times already then wots the point if it does it a couple of times brand new wots it gonna be like when its say 6 months old i dunno bout you but no thanks id have the 360 or wii

gamenux
If the ps3 is so suc like you imply, then how come you keep roaming the ps3 forums? Go figure.

a secret love, that has to be shrouded by false hatred ;)
ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
Yah so far so good... got mine back at the beginning of January and it works flawlessly so far.... Real quiet too.... very nice hardware.
bazookajoe19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bazookajoe19
Member since 2006 • 827 Posts
my ps3 won't let me use remote play when its is in 1080i, only when it is in 720p or 480p. if i try it when its in 1080i my ps3 freezes. otherwise it works fine.
brotherreese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 brotherreese
Member since 2003 • 1049 Posts

1) The PS3 has only been out a few months. So you has better believe that if many of them broke down already, you'd have heard a very loud scream around the globe from fanboys and haters alike.

2) The Eu model will be a little bit different, so NOBODY can guarantee that the US / JP model will be exactly like the EU / AU model.

All I can say is that you should get an extended warranty (+2 years) from the store you buy it from and cross your fingers.

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
mine has just frozen twice since last monday while trying to look at some videos on the internet
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
I would buy a warranty. Like most are saying on here about their PS3s just freezing every once in a while, my 360 was like that too. It froze every once in a while.. no big deal I thought.... until about a year later I got the 3 red rings. Luckily I had bought an extended warranty. I would do the same on any console.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gzus666
I would buy a warranty. Like most are saying on here about their PS3s just freezing every once in a while, my 360 was like that too. It froze every once in a while.. no big deal I thought.... until about a year later I got the 3 red rings. Luckily I had bought an extended warranty. I would do the same on any console.Cellien
the difference is the freezing on the PS3 has been shown to be caused by software, not hardware problems. so, they can be easily fixed
austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 austin
Member since 2002 • 424 Posts
I got mine at launch i have had no problems at all. Same goes for a couple of friends of mine that have ps3 a well
dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
The ps3 has a very low defect rate. I'm sure your ps3 will last you quite a while.
dan_brouwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 dan_brouwer
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts
mine has just frozen twice since last monday while trying to look at some videos on the internet
coolasj19
That could've been caused by the poor "beta-like" state of the ps3 web browser. It's better than nothing, but it'd be cool if Sony came out with an updated version later.
lopaka808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lopaka808
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts
Had one major problem with ps3 system frozed while doing update. did not touch no button nor did I turn system off. system would not respone. Called sony tech line. Said to turn system main switch off then back on did so and system still would not respone. Will have to ship my system out for repairs. They dont know what wrong with it other than a hardware problem. only have system since january. Very disappointed with down time. Other than that system is great.
dannyballester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dannyballester
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
i love sony too but speaking from experience, purchase an extended warranty.  if you can, dont purchase your new system from eb or gamestop, theyre extended warranties are crap.  find a place that will either fix it or replace it with a brand new one, not some refurbished crap thats been who knows where.  sony will treat you like you bought your playstation from a pawn shop if that warranty expires which is a full year.  its worth noting that the warranty for the ps3 is 1 year as opposed to the ps2 which was only 90 days.  this must certainly mean that its a better built machine.
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#39 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
cool thanks guys i think i will get a ps3 because my ps2 has aloways been reliable and ive had it since launch in europe. so i think ill get a ps3 + an extended warranty.