PS3 online play problems, can someone please help????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Ive had my PS3 for about a month now, and its been treating me fine. I got Warhawk and Fight Night Round 3 with the game to play online with. They both played fine. 2 days ago, I got Call of Duty 4. For some reason I had tons of problems with the online multiplayer. I would get disconnected in the middle of a game, have trouble connecting to the online matchmaking services, etc. It starting working yesterday, although it still is tough to connect to the matchmaking services. After Call of Duty 4 started working online somewhat, I could not play Warhawk or Fight Night round 3 online anymore. With fight Night, I would get about 20 seconds into each match, then would lose connection with my opponent, and whenever I try to get online in Warhawk, I get an automatic Network error before even getting to the lobbies. My PS3 is not losing connection to The Playstation Network ever, and the link between my PS3 and my router is fine. I use Wifi to my linksys router with a NAT 2 connection. What could be going wrong? Everytime I do an internet connection test, my PS3 reports that its connected just fine. Why are my games acting up online?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
bump
Rotting_Ralph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Rotting_Ralph
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

If i were to have an un-educated guess, it would be becuase you have wireless. My mate has wireless and it stuffs him around alot. Maybe check the server settings on you're PS3??? Maybe you've just been joining matches at the wrong time? I know I have alotta trouble in COD4, I get booted off alot. But that's bcuz of pricks online... I say ring Sony.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Well I dont think its because I use wifi. All my other games worked fine online before.
nsoufiani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 nsoufiani
Member since 2004 • 1829 Posts

I believe if you were to go onto the setting for your internet on the ps3 menu (cant exactly remember how to get there) theres an option to test your connection

there are 4 thing it tests 1 is internet connection, playstaion store, and teh last being Nat test or something of that sort. I hear if the nat test results in type 1 or 2 then thats good. 3 is bad.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
My NAT is type 2. I can access the PS3 store, see what friends are online, etc. All of that. But when I try to actually play a match online I have real difficulties. Does anybody know what I should do?
The_Dan_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 The_Dan_K
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

My NAT is type 2. I can access the PS3 store, see what friends are online, etc. All of that. But when I try to actually play a match online I have real difficulties. Does anybody know what I should do?hillelslovak

Sound like you need to forward some ports maybe.

Here's what I used:

Also, make sure you have you router's firmware updated to the latest edition. Can make a HUGE difference. Also, make sure you have UPnP turned off on the router and the PS3. And make sure to match the IP address you put in the router for forwarding these ports into your PS3 so it has the static IP.