PS3 not working properly plz help!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts

Ok i dont exacly wats going on here but recently we had begun renovating our basement(where ps3 is usually kept) and i felt it best to move the ps3 away and put it in its box so that it wouldnt get full of dust which sounds ok. Now when i took my ps3 back out this morning it was functioning just the same as it always does so no problems there.

Then i heard the workers were comming back to work on basement so i put the ps3 back in the box for a few hours or so until the workers were done for the day. After they left i took it back out again and started playing a game as i normally do. But as i was loading the saved game it froze right when it was about to load the save game file. At first I thought it was issolated so i restared it and it did load the game file however when i went to save the game it froze yet again so once again i restarted and once again it froze at the loading screen.

At this point i was getting very nervous and frustrated so i removed that game and popped in another one and this time the game wouldnt even load. after you see the "playstation 3" logo appear it wouldnt load the game and it just automatically rebooted the system and it still wouldnt load the game. I dont no wat the hell happened here all i know is that i am freaking out and i need some help here to try and figure this out.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Maybe it was knocked over? Maybe something got rattled up in there..
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Oh man, tough luck... I seriously hope it doesn't have anything wrong.

BTW, does it work properly when there's no game inside??

hajimejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hajimejoe
Member since 2008 • 192 Posts
Another one bites the dust!Your laser has passed away.If its under warranty send it to sony,if isnt then You can fix it yourself(pm me for help if you want)
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 reaver-x
apart from the usual disconnects from PSN the system works fine and yes i can load the system up with no game system. Im not sure if my demos and dl games work i have yet to try. and i dont know about the whole laser thing b/c it was working fine this morning and the last few days as well.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

apart from the usual disconnects from PSN the system works fine and yes i can load the system up with no game system. Im not sure if my demos and dl games work i have yet to try. and i dont know about the whole laser thing b/c it was working fine this morning and the last few days as well.reaver-x

Well, sounds like the laser lens. Maybe like Denji said, it got knocked over and something got busted inside...

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 reaver-x
ok i just tried the demos they work however when i quit the game it dosent send me back to the ps3 menu it just stalls arrggg
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

apart from the usual disconnects from PSN the system works fine and yes i can load the system up with no game system. Im not sure if my demos and dl games work i have yet to try. and i dont know about the whole laser thing b/c it was working fine this morning and the last few days as well.reaver-x

It's not uncommon for it to happen that way. It'll work fine then all of a sudden, poof. It's happened to me many times before with many things. Physical trauma would happen, I think I'm home free because it still works only for it to crash due to the damages later on.

hajimejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hajimejoe
it is almost guaranteed the laser,i've seen over and over-game freezes trying to load something,reset,games(or any discs)dont read,replace laser works again.theyre especially fragile(google shuji nakamura and note the dislocation density of the gallium nitride crystal used in the laser-aka high defective rate-)
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5ef287a6cdc35
Member since 2004 • 537 Posts
Another problem could have been when you placed it back in the box. Was the PS3 warm when you placed back in the box? Once you closed the box the air in the box could have become very hot. You may overheated something by mistake.
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 reaver-x

Another problem could have been when you placed it back in the box. Was the PS3 warm when you placed back in the box? Once you closed the box the air in the box could have become very hot. You may overheated something by mistake.Flatline304
Another problem could have been when you placed it back in the box. Was the PS3 warm when you placed back in the box? Once you closed the box the air in the box could have become very hot. You may overheated something by mistake.Flatline304

you no im thinking dat may have been the case because i had been playing for 2 hours til 10am and then i placed it back in its box an hour later. After i put it back out and all this **** started happening i noticed the ps3 gettin really warm which is weird b/c it usually takes awhile for the system to get hot and i was playing the game for like 15-30min before this **** haapened

maoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 maoman
Member since 2004 • 268 Posts

the same thing happened to me last week. games not loading or not appearing in the xmb.

i hope u have warranty.... couse i dont. this s**ks

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 reaver-x
yes i do still have warranty thankfully.
deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts

Ok i dont exacly wats going on here but recently we had begun renovating our basement(where ps3 is usually kept) and i felt it best to move the ps3 away and put it in its box so that it wouldnt get full of dust which sounds ok. Now when i took my ps3 back out this morning it was functioning just the same as it always does so no problems there.

Then i heard the workers were comming back to work on basement so i put the ps3 back in the box for a few hours or so until the workers were done for the day. After they left i took it back out again and started playing a game as i normally do. But as i was loading the saved game it froze right when it was about to load the save game file. At first I thought it was issolated so i restared it and it did load the game file however when i went to save the game it froze yet again so once again i restarted and once again it froze at the loading screen.

At this point i was getting very nervous and frustrated so i removed that game and popped in another one and this time the game wouldnt even load. after you see the "playstation 3" logo appear it wouldnt load the game and it just automatically rebooted the system and it still wouldnt load the game. I dont no wat the hell happened here all i know is that i am freaking out and i need some help here to try and figure this out.

reaver-x

didn't you read the manual you not suppose to keep turning the main power off as it could cause system malfunction.

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 reaver-x
do you mean the switch at the back of system??
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 reaver-x
ok i started using the system again after a few hours so it can cool down. This time when i popped in a game it actually did work and was abale to oplay it however when i went to quit game it still didnt send me back to the menu and continued to freeze. Now as i recall before i unplugged the PS3 earlier i ejected the game i was playing from it but wat did was i started the system up, ejected and turned off system via switch at back. From your comment above i beleive that may have been the p[roblema nd if so how do i fix it??
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#17 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
Sorry man, it might be broken. Try taking a vacuum hose attachment to all the vents. MAybe you're lucky, and there's a dust clog or something.
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

You should also try loading a game from the HDD if that freeze the same as the disc games it may be a problem with the o/s and a format and reload may fix the prob

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reaver-x
i beleive i tried loading a game from the hdd and that froze 2. Should i just go and hit the restore ps3 option and see if that helps??(i know it deletes saved dats thats why i transfered it to usb)
lowdown478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lowdown478
Member since 2003 • 477 Posts
I had the same problem last week and the reformat worked for me. If that dont work 4 you call sony
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
yeah man go for the restore it should fix it
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 reaver-x
ok i did the system restore it seems to have worked at least for now. As i said i copied all my saved data tomy usb key if i ntransfer the files back to the hard disk willi have my saved game data back??
reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 reaver-x
nvm just copied files back works fine again =)
hajimejoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hajimejoe
:? or not lol nvm ha
Avatar image for hacktheplanet55
hacktheplanet55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hacktheplanet55
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
dude that just happend to mine can you help me..k here its what happen my bro was playing call of duty online and the match endend and right after the ps3 just turned off by it self so he try turning it back on but the red light from the ps3 would go from red then green blue as regular but right after it goes white then turns off right after..can you try heping me to see whats up or something or how to reset it?