PS3 is acting abnormal

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts

Hey guys my PS3 is acting weird ever since I froze and quit the game in MNR my PS3 was a bit slow but when I tired to turn it took longer than normal and I tested it three times and everytime my PS3 blinks and takes longer than normal, usually it take 3-4 blinks and it turns off now it takes 8-10 blinks to turn off

Diametraphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Diametraphine
Member since 2010 • 1148 Posts

Abnormal Activity, coming 2010.

That's all I wanted to say... Try... Iunno...

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GeneralHawx

MrJono789
lol that's really not gonna help
Diametraphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Diametraphine
Member since 2010 • 1148 Posts
[QUOTE="MrJono789"]

GeneralHawx
lol that's really not gonna help

Good idea for a film though.
Avatar image for Legallyblind795
Legallyblind795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Legallyblind795
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Have you rebooted your PS3? Like, turn it off (master power switch) and then back on. I'm not sure if i can really help you, that's the only think i can think of right now. You could call Tech. Support, i guess.
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GeneralHawx
Have you rebooted your PS3? Like, turn it off (master power switch) and then back on. I'm not sure if i can really help you, that's the only think i can think of right now. You could call Tech. Support, i guess.Legallyblind795
well it wasn't acting weird today, maybe it was just too hot i was playing MNR for about 3-4 hours and the online made the system lag a lot
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
i finally see what you mean my ps3 is flashing 12-10 times when it turns off, i think its a sign that its coming to an end =S im really worried now. whats so bad for mine is i got mine in japan and i live in london so i dont know how i can send it in? i recomend u back up your data just in case its what i did today
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GeneralHawx
i finally see what you mean my ps3 is flashing 12-10 times when it turns off, i think its a sign that its coming to an end =S im really worried now. whats so bad for mine is i got mine in japan and i live in london so i dont know how i can send it in? i recomend u back up your data just in case its what i did todaycrashndash
i dont really have info im scared of losing everything that's important to me is technically all online based
chhoukdean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 chhoukdean
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

you should get that checked out. this one time my it happened to my friend and his joystick fell off.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeneralHawx

you should get that checked out. this one time my it happened to my friend and his joystick fell off.

chhoukdean
LOL
crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
i found out i found out i found out! i tested a total of 7 ps3's. some 60GB's and some 40GB's and 1 20GB what i found is that with age the ps3 will begin to blink more but its not just age but also use so the more you use it in its life the longer the light will blink at the end. its kinda like a aging of the system i found that a launch 60GB that was used quite alot practically every week a few times a week will blink 11 times or more. now if its a 60GB from launch not used to often it will blink about 6 times. but if its a 40GB used alot every week it will blink 6 times and if its a 40GB used not so frequently it will be 3-4 blinks. as for the 20GB i found that it blinked 9 times from frequent use. so it will increase the more you use it and its a sign of how weak your ps3 is becoming over the years so when you reach 12 blinks start to worry cos mine is starting to freeze and restart =S
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GeneralHawx
i found out i found out i found out! i tested a total of 7 ps3's. some 60GB's and some 40GB's and 1 20GB what i found is that with age the ps3 will begin to blink more but its not just age but also use so the more you use it in its life the longer the light will blink at the end. its kinda like a aging of the system i found that a launch 60GB that was used quite alot practically every week a few times a week will blink 11 times or more. now if its a 60GB from launch not used to often it will blink about 6 times. but if its a 40GB used alot every week it will blink 6 times and if its a 40GB used not so frequently it will be 3-4 blinks. as for the 20GB i found that it blinked 9 times from frequent use. so it will increase the more you use it and its a sign of how weak your ps3 is becoming over the years so when you reach 12 blinks start to worry cos mine is starting to freeze and restart =S crashndash
same with mine so i think i might need to back up my saves soon
joegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 joegar
Member since 2007 • 870 Posts

mine just flashed 9 so its coming to an end i have only had it a year and a half

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GeneralHawx

mine just flashed 9 so its coming to an end i have only had it a year and a half

joegar
it might be just paranoia it doesn't do it anymore now that I think about it