PS3 dream shattered

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 slinkysi
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts

I had it all worked out.

I had £550 which I had saved and put by for my PS3 on launch day next Friday.

Then it happened, on the way to work yesterday my car starts over heating, steam comes pouring from under the bonnet. I had it towed to a garage today and the ****ing head gasket has blown:cry:

They reckon it's a £500 repair job. I need my car to get to work so i have no choice. Can you ****ing believe it man!

So i have two choices.

choice 1, i accept my losses and wait a couple of months until I have some more cash.

Choice 2: I get paid on launch day so i could just buy one anyway, this would leave me with about £200 after paying rent, bills etc, to last me the entire month.

So either I wait and have enough money to live, or I eat instant noodles and don't leave the house for a month. What do you guys reckon??

Why is life so cruel ? :cry:

ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ddldave
Member since 2006 • 886 Posts
DUDE THAT SUCKS!!!! ASK YOUR AUNT, MOTHER, FATHER, UNCLE, GRANDPA, GRANDMA for money man!!!
slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 slinkysi
DUDE THAT SUCKS!!!! ASK YOUR AUNT, MOTHER, FATHER, UNCLE, GRANDPA, GRANDMA for money man!!!ddldave
I wish I could dude, I'm 25 tho so I can't really go crying to my parents for money anymore
ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ddldave
damn man, ask your gf for some money or something, dude that's so horrible, damn if i were you right now i'd go on a columbine spree, saving up for a ps3 and all the sudden it's gone, wow man, this is worse than watching jesus die in front of you
-Antisocial-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Antisocial-
Member since 2003 • 372 Posts
Choice 1! Then you'd end up with an even better launch selection of games. :D
hjolli23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 hjolli23
Member since 2005 • 125 Posts
i have a great idea why dont you just win the lottery:D.....no need to thank me
slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slinkysi
damn man, ask your gf for some money or something, dude that's so horrible, damn if i were you right now i'd go on a columbine spree, saving up for a ps3 and all the sudden it's gone, wow man, this is worse than watching jesus die in front of youddldave
I'm glad someone appreciates my pain, my gf is happy, she considered my Ps2 as a bigger threat than other girls, so that aint gona happen.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
ahh that sucks man ...

if i were you i wouldn't buy PS3 at launch but i spend as little as i could so save up enough money to buy PS3 asap ...
Jin66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Jin66
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts
Get a loan maybe? Or maybe apply for a credit card?
hi_rev_kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hi_rev_kev
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts

Can't you get those money hungry s.o.bs at the garage to accept the bill in payments of so much at a time?

slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 slinkysi

Can't you get those money hungry s.o.bs at the garage to accept the bill in payments of so much at a time?

hi_rev_kev

unlikely, you know what mechanics are like, greasy, fat aholes! Appreciate the idea tho man.

ModernTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ModernTimes
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts
Can't you bike to work?
slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 slinkysi
Can't you bike to work?ModernTimes
Na because I have to travel to meet clients and stuff. Wouldn't look too professional turning up on my granma's bike :)
Alyxm1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alyxm1
Member since 2005 • 1704 Posts
[QUOTE="ddldave"]damn man, ask your gf for some money or something, dude that's so horrible, damn if i were you right now i'd go on a columbine spree, saving up for a ps3 and all the sudden it's gone, wow man, this is worse than watching jesus die in front of youslinkysi
I'm glad someone appreciates my pain, my gf is happy, she considered my Ps2 as a bigger threat than other girls, so that aint gona happen.

oUCH, OUCH, THE PAIN, THE PAAAINNN, omg dude, you poor bastard... :(, dammit get msn and Ill give you a visa pay as you go worth, 200, well I dont think its allowed, but awwww man...
hi_rev_kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hi_rev_kev

Haha, at least it would be original.

Dam that sux man. I couldn't imagine havin to wait so long for something, and then, when it's so close you can almost taste it, something has to happen to kick you in the balls. I feel for you bud. Have you thought about going to a wreckers and trying to get the part for cheap?

jayo17ie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jayo17ie
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
I have the perfect solution , go rob a bank , then you can buy your ps3 , pay your bills and have money left over.Am I a genius or what.
slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slinkysi

Haha, at least it would be original.

Dam that sux man. I couldn't imagine havin to wait so long for something, and then, when it's so close you can almost taste it, something has to happen to kick you in the balls. I feel for you bud. Have you thought about going to a wreckers and trying to get the part for cheap?

hi_rev_kev
Thats what i thought, but the part costs about £60, but im no mechanic, its a complicated job cus it's a V6, so has 2 heads. Its the labour thats costs the cash not the part.
hi_rev_kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hi_rev_kev
Yeah, that sounds about right too. What if you contacted your boss and explained your problem with the lack of transport and try to work something out for the temporary?
Avatar image for deactivated-583a1f5a6d5ad
deactivated-583a1f5a6d5ad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-583a1f5a6d5ad
Member since 2003 • 228 Posts

yo, go gambling with your 500 bucks, maybe you make 500 into 1000.

yeah, you can buy your ps3 plus repair your car!

who's your daddy???

The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

So either I wait and have enough money to live, or I eat instant noodles and don't leave the house for a month.

what so bad about that?:P

Oh yeah almost forgot :Hug: ;)

ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ddldave
YUMMM!!! CUP NOODLES!!! don't forget to buy different types of flavor too!!! chicken and shrimp, and then buy some different cup noodle brands and stuff so you never get tired eating em
Avatar image for deactivated-5b58af3c4a18c
deactivated-5b58af3c4a18c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b58af3c4a18c
Member since 2003 • 387 Posts
Save up! dont worry, life comes first. Buy the damn thing later.
slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 slinkysi
Save up! dont worry, life comes first. Buy the damn thing later.Poi_159
Easy to say when you have the damn thing already!
Avatar image for GamersNightmare
GamersNightmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GamersNightmare
Member since 2006 • 621 Posts
Wow that timing just sucks. You can look at it this way though, you can still get the PS3 on payday because you'll be staying at home for a month anyways playing it. Also when playing it and pulling all nighters with it, there is nothing like a quick noodle fix to tie you over. I say if you have the means of still working with at least a little cash left over for pizza or something, go for it and get the PS3 on payday.
hi_rev_kev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hi_rev_kev
The only other option I can think of is try and borrow someones car for a little while, or get a bank loan. Good luck with this matey.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b58af3c4a18c

[QUOTE="Poi_159"]Save up! dont worry, life comes first. Buy the damn thing later.slinkysi

I saved up months and months of work money to buy the damn thing. Its not like i have all the money in the world to buy it, i had to set money aside every month prior to its release so i can have enuf money. Paying bills and rent can really set you back alot, but if you save 50$ to 100$ of your extra money, you will have enuf money for a PS3.

slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 slinkysi

[QUOTE="slinkysi"][QUOTE="Poi_159"]Save up! dont worry, life comes first. Buy the damn thing later.Poi_159

I saved up months and months of work money to buy the damn thing. Its not like i have all the money in the world to buy it, i had to set money aside every month prior to its release so i can have enuf money. Paying bills and rent can really set you back alot, but if you save 50$ to 100$ of your extra money, you will have enuf money for a PS3.

I did too, thats my point, then it was cruely taken away from me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5b58af3c4a18c
[QUOTE="Poi_159"]

[QUOTE="slinkysi"][QUOTE="Poi_159"]Save up! dont worry, life comes first. Buy the damn thing later.slinkysi

I did too, thats my point, then it was cruely taken away from me.

Well life has its ups and downs. Sooner or later you will be able to get one your self. But for now, just work hard and keep your self in good health, thats all you really need right now.

xuimod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 xuimod
Member since 2003 • 841 Posts

I had it all worked out.

Then it happened, on the way to work yesterday my car starts over heating, steam comes pouring from under the bonnet. I had it towed to a garage today and the ****ing head gasket has blown:cry:

They reckon it's a £500 repair job. I need my car to get to work so i have no choice. Can you ****ing believe it man!

So i have two choices.

choice 1, i accept my losses and wait a couple of months until I have some more cash.

Choice 2: I get paid on launch day so i could just buy one anyway, this would leave me with about £200 after paying rent, bills etc, to last me the entire month.

So either I wait and have enough money to live, or I eat instant noodles and don't leave the house for a month. What do you guys reckon??

Why is life so cruel ? :cry:

slinkysi
Dude, just get a credit card or something like that. No need to make it more complex than it is. also i read somewhere sony is offering 0 percent financing on ps3's. but your' going to have to look that up. might have been in another country, france i think. maybe not offered in the uk or whereever ur at.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts

Well, it's good that you got your priorities in order.

Uzburacuz9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Uzburacuz9
Member since 2007 • 712 Posts

I had it all worked out.

Then it happened, on the way to work yesterday my car starts over heating, steam comes pouring from under the bonnet. I had it towed to a garage today and the ****ing head gasket has blown:cry:

They reckon it's a £500 repair job. I need my car to get to work so i have no choice. Can you ****ing believe it man!

So i have two choices.

So either I wait and have enough money to live, or I eat instant noodles and don't leave the house for a month. What do you guys reckon??

slinkysi
easy. go to a junkyard and get a used head gasket :wink:
zamardii12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zamardii12
Member since 2004 • 1245 Posts
DUDE THAT SUCKS!!!! ASK YOUR AUNT, MOTHER, FATHER, UNCLE, GRANDPA, GRANDMA for money man!!!ddldave

Well, take care of your priorities first. I'm sure they won't be flying off shelves TOO fast. I mean, witht the price and all. But, then again you never know. Besides, you have plenty of time before good games come out for it. So you might as well just wait it out for a little.

Note: "ddldave,"
You have the dumbest sig ever. Everybody knows it's the other way around. Saying that is like saying Iraq has had something to do with 9/11. But whatever, it's not like Sony would ever admit it in the first place (or you, for that matter).
ricky1726

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ricky1726
Member since 2004 • 118 Posts
dude there's always prostituion!!!:lol:
CountZer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CountZer0
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
Search for another garage. gbp500 is too much fot head gasket replacement. What's your ride? A ferrari?? :P Anyway, an average cost would be around 200 euros for gasket + labor.
-Krakapow-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Krakapow-
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts

...So either I wait and have enough money to live, or I eat instant noodles and don't leave the house for a month. What do you guys reckon??...

slinkysi

if you had a ps3, i imagine you'd be pretty happy to not leave the house for a month. and as for living off pot noodles and cupa soup? what could be better?!

ddldave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ddldave
Search for another garage. gbp500 is too much fot head gasket replacement. What's your ride? A ferrari?? :P Anyway, an average cost would be around 200 euros for gasket + labor.
CountZer0
yeah man! good idea! rob moneys from garage sales man, most the people who stand there to pay for money on garage sales are little kids and women anyways, just grab the money of that ******* hand and dip
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
Buy a Wii and a few games, half the money, better value, more games, save up for a PS3 around the time Metal Gear is coming out and you'll never even notice not having it.
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

[QUOTE="ddldave"]DUDE THAT SUCKS!!!! ASK YOUR AUNT, MOTHER, FATHER, UNCLE, GRANDPA, GRANDMA for money man!!!slinkysi
I wish I could dude, I'm 25 tho so I can't really go crying to my parents for money anymore

well, can u ride a bike? :p

how far away is your work, if its not far away in a busy area walking is faster.

Just like i can get home vquicker walking then catching a buss

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Buy a Wii and a few games, half the money, better value, more games, save up for a PS3 around the time Metal Gear is coming out and you'll never even notice not having it.KevComesRipping

Lol are you joking?
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

[QUOTE="KevComesRipping"]Buy a Wii and a few games, half the money, better value, more games, save up for a PS3 around the time Metal Gear is coming out and you'll never even notice not having it.TheSystemLord1

Lol are you joking?

Honestly, no, I've had baaaad experiences with Microsoft products and love (LOVE) my PS1 and PS2, but I own a Wii (Got it at launch just by showing up at my local walmart 5 minutes before they opened) and I've been having a blast with it, I'm definitely going to get a PS3 at some point but not until I can comfortably afford it, and until there's enough games (especially used for better prices) for me to be fully tantalized by it, and that won't be until Metal Gear and Final Fantasy comes out.  I know people are already going to get angry for me being in a PS3 thread talking about Wii, but I'd be damned if I said I didn't want a PS3.  I'm just tossing in my oppinion because this guy definitely needs to be keeping some cash in his pocket if he doesn't want to get evicted (I know I wouldn't want to, I'm low on spending cash but I have an awesome place with my girl and I wouldn't have it any other way).

milsvaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 milsvaard
Member since 2003 • 1928 Posts

I had it all worked out.

Then it happened, on the way to work yesterday my car starts over heating, steam comes pouring from under the bonnet. I had it towed to a garage today and the ****ing head gasket has blown:cry:

They reckon it's a £500 repair job. I need my car to get to work so i have no choice. Can you ****ing believe it man!

So i have two choices.

So either I wait and have enough money to live, or I eat instant noodles and don't leave the house for a month. What do you guys reckon??

Why is life so cruel ? :cry:

slinkysi

Wait a couple of months till you get the money, getting a console is not important.
slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 slinkysi
CountZer0
Thats what I thought, but it's way more cus it has 2 of them! (It's a V6)
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Why don't you buy it at Best Buy. If you have a Best Buy card it's 3 months no interest, and sometimes they have no interest until 2009.
DanC1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 DanC1989
Member since 2004 • 50952 Posts
Wait, and get one a bit later.
Trek5200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Trek5200
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts

I say get it anyways!  Live off Kraft dinner for a month!!  Take a look at the diet of the average university student and you can figure out a way to stretch the 200 for the month!  Wait wait hold on a second, did you factor in your fuel costs??  Gas/petrol is crazy expensive over there and you are ripping up the tarmac in a V6.  No gas no go unless you are good a syphoning :D

slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 slinkysi
Why don't you buy it at Best Buy. If you have a Best Buy card it's 3 months no interest, and sometimes they have no interest until 2009.BioShockOwnz
i live in the Uk, we don't have best buy!
3picuri3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 3picuri3
Member since 2006 • 9618 Posts
dude - just wait, seriously.

my ps3 has been collecting dust since launch. you want a week of gaming until you get sick of the poor games available? or do you want to be able to eat / socialize for a month and get one when you're back on your feet financially? to me it's a no-brainer.
Jackal2222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jackal2222
Member since 2005 • 968 Posts
just wait abit. a car is far far more important then a ps3 espically when u gotta go to work.lol people who dont drive or have a car just dont understand its importance espically if they still live at home with mom and dad.
slinkysi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 slinkysi

I say get it anyways!  Live off Kraft dinner for a month!!  Take a look at the diet of the average university student and you can figure out a way to stretch the 200 for the month!  Wait wait hold on a second, did you factor in your fuel costs??  Gas/petrol is crazy expensive over there and you are ripping up the tarmac in a V6.  No gas no go unless you are good a syphoning :D

Trek5200

Na thats gota cover my fuel too! you're right, we pay 90pence per litre over here! thats like $1.70!
Trek5200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Trek5200
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
I was visiting a buddy in France almost 10 years ago and I offered to fill up the tank in his Escort GT, he couldn't stop laughing at my reaction to paying $125 (Canadian) to fill his tank!  Grab a part-time gig in a pub washing dishes or slinging draught!  A two week stint would probably ease all your financial pain and then you could quit.  Two weeks sweat and loss of sleep equaling a shiny new PS3 in your flat?