ps3 800 100 38 error code???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

booty_boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 booty_boots
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
hi there all was wondering if anyone can help me had ps3 at console doctors just got it back son bought call ov duty world at war again brand new hes trying to play it online and downloads all the way and comes up with error occured during the install 800 100 38 ?? does anyone know how i can fix this prob been trying to ring console doctor but cant get an answer sons been without console nearly a month so is very upset
booty_boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 booty_boots
does anybody help here???? im trying to download call ov duty world at war its brand new the 1.05 update keep comming up error 80010038 ?? any ideas someone please helpppppppppppppppp
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Is this a DNS error?

If so, go to your internet connection settings.

Instead of easy, choose custom.

Go through the setup until you reach the DNS section.

When you're there, it will ask for two sets of numbers. Enter these:

Then you complete the setup choosing "automatic" for all other settings.

Your DNS issues should be completely gone after that.

booty_boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 booty_boots
hiya shoado i tried that now getting dns error 80710102 im really fed up now took the game bk got a brand new one agen been on fone to console doctor tried what they have said no luck now im stuck my sons distraught
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts

80010038 is a corrupt data error, which there really isn't a good solution for. Changing the DNS settings probably wasn't the thing to do, so you should probably go back and undo what you have done.

My guess is that if you are getting this during an installation that you may end up having to reformat your PS3's hard disk. Have you upgraded the HDD recently? If so, was the drive formatted correctly?

booty_boots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 booty_boots
hi bdhoff we did go and change the settings back to what it was,as far as i know the console went away for a new hard drive to b installed and when i got it bk we had to ring them up as theyd been using the sony with hd and my sons tv isnt hd so now im starting to wonder took the call ov duty world at war bk to grainger games the exchanged it so theres been 2 brand new call ov dutys tried and this error keeps occuring im thinking im gonna see console doctor see what they suggest i do im very upset as console was away ages sons distraught as he cant play online ive forked 100 out n no further forward what eles can i do