PS2-New Easter Egg Discoveries-Gran Turismo 4 !

Avatar image for deactivated-58abca96dfeb3
deactivated-58abca96dfeb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-58abca96dfeb3
Member since 2017 • 22 Posts

New Discoveries In PS2-GT4 In 2016-2017:

This first photo is at the Hong Kong City Circuit while making a special stop to visit my 2016 original find and discovery, which I've named, "The Moving Escalators And People of Hong Kong ". This is actually my own 2016 personal original find and discovery. I found it while racing and then crashing at the Hong Kong City Race Circuit after I had already completed Gran Turismo 4 100% percent. While driving, just before getting to the main downtown strip, there is a sharp large curve immediately after going thru a brief underpass. I spun out there and crashed while racing into a wall fence that's in front of a building. You might say I discovered it by accident in an accident. If you stop right at that corner, and look right inside the building, there you will see people moving up and down on moving escalators. It is the only building in Gran Turismo 4 that I'm aware of that has actual movement inside it. As far as anyone knows, my brand new 2016 discovery and find was NEVER mentioned before anywhere, until I was the first to finally discover it in 2016 after it's many years evidently of going completely unnoticed. I then brought it to the immediate attention of the many various internet forums and other various websites by posting it for others to view, and thereby staking a claim to the GT4 hall of fame.

This second photo is at the Tahiti Maze Circuit while making a special stop to visit my 2017 original find and discovery, which I've named, "The Tahitian Jets And Disappearing Contrails". This is actually my own 2017 personal original find and discovery. It was early 2017 when I discovered this new find when racing this circuit. I noticed some odd looking disappearing contrails in the skies overhead which made me make a special stop at the first corner and look into them further. As I patiently waited and watched, one of the contrails disappeared, so I then continued watching and soon jet planes appeared flying overhead. Two of the jets nearly missed one another in flight while crossing paths just before the contrails disappeared again. As far as anyone knows, my brand new 2017 discovery and find was NEVER mentioned before anywhere, until I was the first to finally discover it in 2017 after it's many years evidently of going completely unnoticed. I then brought it to the immediate attention of the many various internet forums and other various websites by posting it for others to view, and thereby staking a claim to the GT4 hall of fame.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Those are pretty impressive graphics for PS2... I'm using component video cables when I play the good old GT4, and it dont look nearly as good as that.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abca96dfeb3
deactivated-58abca96dfeb3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By deactivated-58abca96dfeb3
Member since 2017 • 22 Posts

Henry... Here's my setup which I posted in another forum several years ago which might help you, but not sure if you've probably already tried this stuff..................................................................Hope it helps though !

1) First, remember that only the actual races and replays for the most part will run in 1080i mode as GT4 reverts back to the standard settings when in most other venues. Also, when you turn GT4 off you must re-select 1080i mode every time after you restart. Further information on that below...

2) Setting up your TV (I have a Samsung Plasma)

The below assumes your television can handle the 1080i type graphics display, which is very common now.

I originally set my menu to game mode, but now I run in full Dynamic settings for 1080i.

I set the cel light to 10 which is max.

I set the contrast settings to 100%.

I set the sharpness settings to 95-100%

I set the brightness settings to 45%.

I set the color settings to 55%.

I set the screen temp settings to cool.

I set the dynamic display to high.

I set color balance to the default 50/50.

I set advanced settings anti flicker to high.

I set the edge enhancement from off to on.

I set in advanced settings color to native.

3) Setting up your PS2 (I have a Silver Slim 79001)

When you start your PS2 with the lid open you'll see the browser. First hit the diamond button on the controller TWICE. You will see that you can adjust the speed and smoothness of your PS2 to fast & smooth versus standard setting. Note, you will have to do this every time that you restart your PS2. Go back to the browser and set your screen settings to 16/9 as well. Then close the lid and start the game.

Also most important to get yourself a good set of HD "component" cables and discard the RGB ones that came with the PS2. Then in the start up system config when you change to 16/9 also deselect the RGB and select "Y Cb". I made a few changes to the above setup and was very pleased with the results as shown in this video. I had cheaper HD component cables hooked up, but thought maybe even thicker more expensive HD component cables might help a bit more in obtaining great graphics for the PS2 with GT4. After I installed the thicker cables, I further set the game mode to off (As I previously mentioned above) and went with Dynamic mode on the TV instead. All else I kept the same.

Further, if you use photo travel and lab in GT4 get yourself a small flash drive for showing and photo memory storage. I can confirm that on my particular system the Sony Micro Vault 128mb works perfectly every time and affords the ability to copy them over to your computer for use.

4) Another tip for setting up your GT4 - I use the Logitech Driving Force Pro Steering Wheel And Pedals, not the regular hand controller. This driving system helps immensely in playing the game the way it was intended and with much more realism.

Finally, now that you have started GT4 go to your "Home". Then go to "Options". Then go to "Screen" and set it to handle 16/9 and 1080i. As mentioned above you will have to do this every time you restart the game. Then go to "Picture Quality" and set "Brightness and Contrast" to +5 and "Saturation and Color" to 0.

Exit and that's it ! I hope that I've helped some of you that are trying the game again or just starting out.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4  Edited By henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Well, I've never heard of that visual settings menu on PS2. I gotta try it out.

Personally though, I'm very happy with the regular pic quality on PS2. I use component cable, of course, and noise reduction on telly to take away the graininess of the image. But if there is way to get even better pic via that menu you mentioned, well, that's awesome.

Edit: Oh wait, did you mean by fast and smooth the Playstation driver settings? Because if you did, then I gotta tell you they only work with PS1 games, as they affect the way PS1 games are run on PS2...