PS Vita "transfarring" question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GodOfSyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GodOfSyn
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts

So I've done a little research, but have not been able to find the answer to one question. Does "transfarring" your save data from lets say the MGS HD collection to the PS3 require you to purchase 2 copies of the game? I've found a thread where someone theorized that they will probably have a code you can redeem on PSN to be able to get a Vita copy when it's released, but to me while that might make sense at first, really does not, unless they update the current MGS HD collection for PS3 that is already out with a code for the Vita version. I guess if anyone has info on whether you need 2 copies to transfar game saves between Vita and PS3 so that you can play on either platform, let me know. Also, if you could site your source, I'd be curious too.

digimonkey12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 digimonkey12
Member since 2009 • 1851 Posts
I some cases ( probably most ) one has to purchase two copies. In some other cases, like Mortorstorm RC on the EU PS Store, one gets both versions for a reduced price, while Mortorstorm RC PSVITA was free on the US PS Store. It seems valid that some PS3 games will come with a code, one can redeem on the PSN. Wiki; "The PlayStation 3 version of the games has a new system called "Transfarring", which allows the player to switch the game between home and portable consoles, thus allowing continuous gameplay of the same file between systems. Peace Walker is able to transfer saves between the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable, while Metal Gear Solid 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 will be transferable to the PlayStation Vita version once it is released" IN this case it seems, one has to buy the second copy for the PSVITA.