PS Store games on multiple psps?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Berlin17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Berlin17
Member since 2005 • 104 Posts

My brother wants to download a game (patapon 2)of my playstation store account,

So a message came up saying that thecertification would becomeinvalid if we went through with downloading the game.

So, is it safe to still download this? Its already on my psp. I thought you could do it bc/ you getto put the game on up to 4 ps3 or psps.I want to put it on his.It won't mess up my playstation account store or my friend's psp?"

can i put some of my ps1 games onto his psp too?

Thanks!

Steameffekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 Steameffekt
Member since 2008 • 4950 Posts

No you cannot put games from someones PSN account to yours. Your PSN account is tied to your system.

johncane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 johncane
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

So is this ok to do or will it...

-Void warenty

-Screw up my account

-Be illegal?

This is where I read how to do it

http://www.ps3-hacks.com/forums/about

Butwith my PSP

(I hope talking about this is not aginst the rules)

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts
im still really confused on how this gamesharing stuff works.
fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts

Link from another forum. I believe the same applies to the PSP. I have my account on two PSPs and I have no trouble downloading PSN games to both.

"When a PS3 is activated under a given PSN account, it can run the software downloaded (purchased) from the PlayStation store under that PSN account. The activation is automatic the first time you log in with a given PSN account, meaning whatever you download from then on will work fine.

Deactivating a PS3 (or a PSP) basically makes content downloaded under a given PSN account unreadable on that system. You can safely try this yourself. Deactivate your system > try launching any already downloaded game (wont work) > re-activate your system > content will now work fine as before.

This is mostly useful when you want to share stuff you downloaded (purchased) with other people. To do so you have to let them log in as you from their PS3s. So you basically have to give them your log in data (email + password). Once they log in as you, their PS3s are automatically activated (hence, by accessing the "Download List" section on the PS store, they can re-download for free and run on their systems all the stuff you purchased). When a grand total of 5 PS3s are activated under the same PSN account, no more PS3s can be activated, therefore you cannot share your PSN account with more that 4 other people at a time.

If, say, you want to share your PSN account with a new friend but have all those extra 4 activations already in place on other PS3s, you have to de-activate one of these so that your new friend can activate his system under your PSN account.

Also note that deleting a profile via the XMB from a PS3 doesnt automatically deactivate it under the PSN account associated to that profile. It has to be "manually" deactivated from the account management page in order to free one of those 5 activations. So if a friend of yours is using your PSN account and decides to dispose of his PS3 system, tell him to do the deactivation thing (log in as you > Account Management > Activate System > PlayStation 3 (this system) > Deactivate system), otherwise you'll lose one of your possible activations. Simply deleting the profile associated with your PSN account or formatting the HDD is not enough."

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PSP107
so if i activate my account someone's PSP, he doesnt have to be on my account does he
fvjonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fvjonj
Member since 2003 • 661 Posts

so if i activate my account someone's PSP, he doesnt have to be on my account does hePSP107

He will need to be on your account to be able to play games downloaded using your account.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSP107

[QUOTE="PSP107"]so if i activate my account someone's PSP, he doesnt have to be on my account does hefvjonj

He will need to be on your account to be able to play games downloaded using your account.

1. that sucks if it applies to PS3 2. Earlier u mentioned 5 PS3/PSP can be activated , is that a comboniation of PS3/PSP or 10 systems? also i took back my used PSP because it was defected and i got another. I activated both so what happens to that system i traded in? Is there a way i can deactivate the PSP i just returned w/o having the hardware?
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
[QUOTE="fvjonj"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"]so if i activate my account someone's PSP, he doesnt have to be on my account does hePSP107

1. that sucks if it applies to PS3 2. Earlier u mentioned 5 PS3/PSP can be activated , is that a comboniation of PS3/PSP or 10 systems? also i took back my used PSP because it was defected and i got another. I activated both so what happens to that system i traded in? Is there a way i can deactivate the PSP i just returned w/o having the hardware?

2. I believe it's 5 PS3s and 5 PSPs. 3. Probably nothing, as long as you removed your memory stick (and didn't enable auto sign-in/remember pass) then no one would be able to mess with your account.
Jo_Del_Perio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jo_Del_Perio
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Hi can someone please help me, my brother recomended the site. I have reached the max 5 downloads for ps1 games of the plastation store. My brother whants the games i have brought of the playsation store but it is saying i have to de-activate a account first. If i de-activated my brothers account on his ps3 could he reactivate it on his ps3 and then re-download the ps1 games or would he lose all his saved data ect. P.S. I bought the games on my ps3 can i download them as many times as i whant or do i have to de-activate my account aswell???
FallofAthens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FallofAthens
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

Hi can someone please help me, my brother recomended the site. I have reached the max 5 downloads for ps1 games of the plastation store. My brother whants the games i have brought of the playsation store but it is saying i have to de-activate a account first. If i de-activated my brothers account on his ps3 could he reactivate it on his ps3 and then re-download the ps1 games or would he lose all his saved data ect. P.S. I bought the games on my ps3 can i download them as many times as i whant or do i have to de-activate my account aswell???Jo_Del_Perio

So... you have five psps that are linked to your PSN account? As far as I know their is no download limit, their is a limit to how many PSPs can play the games you download. Which is five. As well as five PS3's. I think since he has an account on his PS3 you can't send the games to his PS3 because he already has one. If he didn't have an account you should be able to transfer the games over to them as long as you don't have four other PS3's activated and registered to your account. At least that's what I think. This is more or less a question for the PS3 forums.