PS plus required to play online in PS4

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kookitto
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

While I'm not against the idea itself, but Sony needs to know that there's 30odd countries without a PSN store. I've been wanting PS plus for a year, but I can't because my account's location doesn't have a store.

The family of Sony Entertainment Network services is not available in your country/region. 

I have over 65 PS3 games in hard copy, and I have no problem paying a subscription but please allow us to change account locations.They won't do that because they want to avoid changing the stuff you have on the store, purchases etc.

Can we have a disclaimer "If you change your account's location, all of your previous purchases will be lost" or something? PLEASE SONY LET US CHANGE LOCATION SO WE CAN BUY YOUR NEW CONSOLE AND PSN SERVICES. I'm even willing to pay to change location or transfer my trophies to a new account :(

kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kookitto
So I take it when they mean the new console is "gamer friendly" they mean "American gamer friendly"? :(
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
The PS4 is region-free. So, if you have the internet it will be incredibly easy for you to purchase a PS+ subscription.
kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kookitto

The PS4 is region-free. So, if you have the internet it will be incredibly easy for you to purchase a PS+ subscription.Sonny360Elite

/facepalm

I have a psn account under a country that doesn't have a PSN store. How can I get a PS+ sub if I can't access the PSN store from my PS3? The only way is to make another account and lose all the trophies, friends and stuff from my current account.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]The PS4 is region-free. So, if you have the internet it will be incredibly easy for you to purchase a PS+ subscription.kookitto

/facepalm

I have a psn account under a country that doesn't have a PSN store. How can I get a PS+ sub if I can't access the PSN store from my PS3? The only way is to make another account and lose all the trophies, friends and stuff from my current account.

You don't have to delete your old one. Just make a new one, re-add your friends from the old one. Trophies arent that big of deal. I actually have my original US account, but I also made a japanese account to get the Tales of Graces F demo and other exclusive japanese stuff off PSN.

Theres also alot of legal stuff that goes on when putting something like PSN up and prorobly why your country doesn't have PSN right now. Whats more important, Trophies or Online access?

kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kookitto

[QUOTE="kookitto"]

[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]The PS4 is region-free. So, if you have the internet it will be incredibly easy for you to purchase a PS+ subscription.ryangcnx-2

/facepalm

You don't have to delete your old one. Just make a new one, re-add your friends from the old one. Trophies arent that big of deal. I actually have my original US account, but I also made a japanese account to get the Tales of Graces F demo and other exclusive japanese stuff off PSN.

Theres also alot of legal stuff that goes on when putting something like PSN up and prorobly why your country doesn't have PSN right now. Whats more important, Trophies or Online access?

Why can't I have both? It's not complicated to give us the option to change location.

It's illegal to make a "fake" US account anyway. So why are they going to bother selling the console to our region? I'm going to sue them and have them place a disclaimer on the PS4 saying "single-player only" if they don't fix this anytime soon.

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#7 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Where the hell do you live? Second, it's possible you're worrying about nothing and Sony will bring the store to your country. If not there are other options. Trophies don't matter, and if you're planning on getting a PS4 you'll have to start over anyway. Third, don't be so quick to blame Sony for not offering the store in your country. Maybe there are certain laws in YOUR country that prevent Sony from being able to open the store.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts

I'm going to sue them and have them place a disclaimer on the PS4 saying "single-player only" if they don't fix this anytime soon.

kookitto
this made me laugh.
kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kookitto

Where the hell do you live? Second, it's possible you're worrying about nothing and Sony will bring the store to your country. If not there are other options. Trophies don't matter, and if you're planning on getting a PS4 you'll have to start over anyway. Third, don't be so quick to blame Sony for not offering the store in your country. Maybe there are certain laws in YOUR country that prevent Sony from being able to open the store.Kravyn81

I live in one of these countries:

Argentina
    Bahrain
    Brazil
    Bulgaria
    Chile
    Colombia
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Hungary
    Iceland
    India
    Israel
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Malaysia
    Malta
    Mexico
    Oman
    Peru
    Qatar
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Turkey

None of which have access to a store. I heard two of them got a store last year, but the rest didn't because I don't have one yet.

And the laws in my country are fine. I talked to the local sony distributor 2 years ago and he said it's from Sony's side.

[QUOTE="kookitto"]

I'm going to sue them and have them place a disclaimer on the PS4 saying "single-player only" if they don't fix this anytime soon.

jcopp72

this made me laugh.

I wasn't joking. We have strict consumer rights laws.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

something that comes to my mind, if you don't have access to PSN (Playstation NETWORK) then you don't have the store AND you don't have access to online games too I guess, so the problem would be to have the whole infrastructure installed in your country, basically have servers for the games and the store, which there are both economical and legal reasons it doesn't exist now. It seemed to me for small Asian countries you could go to the Japanese or Hong Kong network? And PSN exists for Latin America (after a quick Google search)

kerk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 kerk12
Member since 2010 • 1580 Posts
I think this'll make services better, along with the whole experience. They'll (most probably) have the money to maintain their network which will result in better experience worldwide. But when it comes to your problem I don't think you have a choice... The best thing you can do is wait for them to bring the PS store to your country...
planbfreak4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 planbfreak4eva
Member since 2006 • 2856 Posts

why cant they just make a universal store? or atleast by continent. would be so much easier for everyone.

if am not mistaken, if you register a uk account for example, you need a uk card and address. so a person that lives in one of the listen countries that doesnt have psn network, registers on uk network and tries to buy something with his local card. the transaction will decline.

DaRq_MiNoS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaRq_MiNoS
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

We'll have to wait and see, but I'm pretty sure there'll be a new version of the store and everything for next gen.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

Does PS+ require you to enter your credit card info? Because I don't have one and that could be a problem. :?

wee_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 wee_master
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts

Does PS+ require you to enter your credit card info? Because I don't have one and that could be a problem. :?

lancea34

You dont have to have a credit card. Just buy a prepaid psn voucher which u can find in retail stores.

wee_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wee_master

I have a question.

Does each and every user (in a single system) must have a psn+ in order to play online? Or will it be ok if only one user had it in that single system?

bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bronze_earth
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts

lancea34

No way will i ever put card details into a games account not after the last lot of trouble Sony had,who is to say it wont happen again i mean it wasn't supposed to happen the first time but it did....so no credit card details unless i use one of those pre pay ones people have to use because of shitty credit scores. that would be the answer in that case.

bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bronze_earth
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts

[QUOTE="lancea34"]

wee_master

You dont have to have a credit card. Just buy a prepaid psn voucher which u can find in retail stores.

Both MS and Sony said they are not going to keep using that system and will instead use credit cards or other methods(???)

wee_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wee_master

[QUOTE="wee_master"]

[QUOTE="lancea34"]

bronze_earth

Both MS and Sony said they are not going to keep using that system and will instead use credit cards or other methods(???)

I haven't heard such a thing. Anyways, I recommend to get yourself a prepaid card (thats what i am doing).

kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kookitto

something that comes to my mind, if you don't have access to PSN (Playstation NETWORK) then you don't have the store AND you don't have access to online games too I guess, so the problem would be to have the whole infrastructure installed in your country, basically have servers for the games and the store, which there are both economical and legal reasons it doesn't exist now. It seemed to me for small Asian countries you could go to the Japanese or Hong Kong network? And PSN exists for Latin America (after a quick Google search)

TheTenth10

I do have access to online games. Just not the store. PSN doesn't exist for all latin American countries. Columbia and Brazil for example, don't have a store.

why cant they just make a universal store? or atleast by continent. would be so much easier for everyone.

if am not mistaken, if you register a uk account for example, you need a uk card and address. so a person that lives in one of the listen countries that doesnt have psn network, registers on uk network and tries to buy something with his local card. the transaction will decline.

planbfreak4eva

Different tax laws I guess?

The solution is easy. Have us change our account location, or give us the ability to make our accounts PS+ without using a store.

I have a question.

Does each and every user (in a single system) must have a psn+ in order to play online? Or will it be ok if only one user had it in that single system?

wee_master

Yes. Each user must be a PS+ user in order to play online. **** up, right?

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Perhaps you could try the web browser based PSN store. I'm not sure if you'll be able to access it through your account specifically, but if you're able to I know you can purchase a subscription to PS+ from there.

Try this link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CFoQFjAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstore.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com%2F&ei=_6e4UdjWENax4AO3-4HoBQ&usg=AFQjCNECteO6cldjiQaV8TWoj0dsMbGt5A&sig2=NxbJDs26-07fO55LFWjDiQ

Jyakotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Jyakotu
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts
Me having to purchase PS+ just to play multiplayer is a minor gripe. I'll have to get it eventually, since I like a lot of genres that are multiplayer.
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I don't believe multiplayer should ever be behind a paywall.

That being said, in the case of PS+, it is a service that, compared to other pay-to-play services, actually gives value back to the consumer, so adding online multiplayer into the package isn't totally unreasonable.

For those that expect/want it to be free, that's totally understandable, and I do agree online multiplayer should be free.  I just think that, at least with the value given back to the consumer, it's not as criminal as it would otherwise be.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

[QUOTE="wee_master"]

I have a question.

kookitto

Yes. Each user must be a PS+ user in order to play online. **** up, right?

You have a source to that info, or is that simply an assumption? The online passes I've used on PS3 allowed other users to get online. So hopefully Plus and online play is the same way for PS4. 

01_855403

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 01_855403
Member since 2006 • 1004 Posts

While I'm not against the idea itself, but Sony needs to know that there's 30odd countries without a PSN store. I've been wanting PS plus for a year, but I can't because my account's location doesn't have a store.

The family of Sony Entertainment Network services is not available in your country/region. 

I have over 65 PS3 games in hard copy, and I have no problem paying a subscription but please allow us to change account locations.They won't do that because they want to avoid changing the stuff you have on the store, purchases etc.

Can we have a disclaimer "If you change your account's location, all of your previous purchases will be lost" or something? PLEASE SONY LET US CHANGE LOCATION SO WE CAN BUY YOUR NEW CONSOLE AND PSN SERVICES. I'm even willing to pay to change location or transfer my trophies to a new account :(

kookitto
I have the same problem as yours and my country was included in PSN years ago, yet no PS Store till now. But that is the good thing as it gives us hope, why did Sony add our country to PSN in the first place?
kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kookitto
You have a source to that info, or is that simply an assumption? The online passes I've used on PS3 allowed other users to get online. So hopefully Plus and online play is the same way for PS4. Trail_Mix
They just announced it http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ps-plus-required-to-play-ps4-games-online-6409709/ Online passes are a different story. Your online pass works for all user accounts, but PS plus only works for ONE account.
[QUOTE="kookitto"]

01_855403
I have the same problem as yours and my country was included in PSN years ago, yet no PS Store till now. But that is the good thing as it gives us hope, why did Sony add our country to PSN in the first place?

A mistake. That's why after the outage they don't even let us sign in from a browser. They can at least change the way the store works such that if you get PS plus on one account, all other local accounts get it as well without having to go through a store.
kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kookitto

Perhaps you could try the web browser based PSN store. I'm not sure if you'll be able to access it through your account specifically, but if you're able to I know you can purchase a subscription to PS+ from there.

Try this link:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&ved=0CFoQFjAE&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstore.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com%2F&ei=_6e4UdjWENax4AO3-4HoBQ&usg=AFQjCNECteO6cldjiQaV8TWoj0dsMbGt5A&sig2=NxbJDs26-07fO55LFWjDiQ

Trail_Mix

Tried that. My country's not listed, and I can't even sign in. It says this when I try to:

xp4lxh.jpg

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Trail_Mix

How about this, you could buy PS+ cards. I'm pretty sure you're able to redeem the codes that come on them without having to go through the store itself. 

kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kookitto

How about this, you could buy PS+ cards. I'm pretty sure you're able to redeem the codes that come on them without having to go through the store itself. 

Trail_Mix
you can't buddy. I've tried.
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Trail_Mix

[QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

kookitto

You sure? It says so right here. Through the XMB.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/508/

kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kookitto

[QUOTE="kookitto"][QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

Trail_Mix

You sure? It says so right here. Through the XMB.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/508/

Yes I tried those. It only works if your account's country has a PSN store. I've already given you a screenshot of what it says when I do it through the browser. I get the same error on the XMB.
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts
Yeah it kinda sucks if you live somewhere where you don't have a ps store. But I would assume that You could still activate ps+? If not then like other people have said, you could make a new account for PS4 in a different country. As far as the trophies go, I understand the sentiment, but you could always just have separate trophy lists. One for your PS3 and one for your PS4, you wouldn't lose them.
kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kookitto
[QUOTE="good_sk8er7"]Yeah it kinda sucks if you live somewhere where you don't have a ps store. But I would assume that You could still activate ps+? If not then like other people have said, you could make a new account for PS4 in a different country. As far as the trophies go, I understand the sentiment, but you could always just have separate trophy lists. One for your PS3 and one for your PS4, you wouldn't lose them.

We can't activate PS+. If we could I wouldn't have complained. Also, according to sony, it's illegal to make an account on the PS4 with a different country. It's pissing me off that they're even going to sell the console here.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]The PS4 is region-free. So, if you have the internet it will be incredibly easy for you to purchase a PS+ subscription.kookitto

/facepalm

Thank MS for Sony charging. 

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Trail_Mix

Yes I tried those. It only works if your account's country has a PSN store. I've already given you a screenshot of what it says when I do it through the browser. I get the same error on the XMB. kookitto
Dang. I guess the best option is to either contact Sony themselves, or just wait and hope once the PS4 comes out they'll update regions with store access.

it's illegal to make an account on the PS4 with a different country. kookitto

Really? Wow, that makes no sense to me. I'm gonna have to look into that. Seems like BS on Sony's part if that's what they're claiming.

01_855403

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 01_855403
Member since 2006 • 1004 Posts
[QUOTE="kookitto"][QUOTE="Trail_Mix"] They just announced it http://www.gamespot.com/e3/ps-plus-required-to-play-ps4-games-online-6409709/ Online passes are a different story. Your online pass works for all user accounts, but PS plus only works for ONE account.
[QUOTE="kookitto"]

01_855403

A mistake. That's why after the outage they don't even let us sign in from a browser. They can at least change the way the store works such that if you get PS plus on one account, all other local accounts get it as well without having to go through a store.

True, i waited to long time to be able to change my password after the outage. But i think there is an alternate solution, as most of us have more than one account , and PS4's DRM is basically the same as PS3's, then one account with PS+ should work if Sony was merciful on us.
kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kookitto

Dang. I guess the best option is to either contact Sony themselves, or just wait and hope once the PS4 comes out they'll update regions with store access.

[QUOTE="kookitto"] it's illegal to make an account on the PS4 with a different country. clr84651

Really? Wow, that makes no sense to me. I'm gonna have to look into that. Seems like BS on Sony's part if that's what they're claiming.

Yup, I talked to their live support chat assitants today and they told me it's illegal (again). I highly doubt they'll add my country to the store. They'll just sell as many units as possible until people realize they're fcked and stop buying it.

True, i waited to long time to be able to change my password after the outage. But i think there is an alternate solution, as most of us have more than one account , and PS4's DRM is basically the same as PS3's, then one account with PS+ should work if Sony was merciful on us.01_855403

Since when were sony merciful? yes the PS4 is probably the best console we've had but they've always been super greedy. let's not forget their past.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#38 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
to be honest i don't mind, you get awesome games for an awesome price. You can still play offline and you get exclusive content. I mean yeah it sucks for some, but Sony has not been doing well and those servers cost money. Don't forget you need an internet connection to even play X1 and the subscription is also a part of that. Wii U also takes a buck for a profile, but it does have free online gameplay
kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kookitto
to be honest i don't mind, you get awesome games for an awesome price. You can still play offline and you get exclusive content. I mean yeah it sucks for some, but Sony has not been doing well and those servers cost money. Don't forget you need an internet connection to even play X1 and the subscription is also a part of that. Wii U also takes a buck for a profile, but it does have free online gameplayThe_Last_Ride
1) it's not really the idea of paying to play online, it's the fact that a lot of us aren't able to to pay for it because we don't have a store 2) even if we can pay for them, why should a household pay triple or quadruple? you should pay a fee per console, not per account.
marinko123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 marinko123
Member since 2008 • 417 Posts

Jesus christ not this again. Register with a US account, buy psn/ps+ cards. There's absolutely no chance you will get banned. 0. ZERO. Never happened. I understand it's a nuissance but it's not like you don't have any options when you do have.

When ps store came to my country they had to add support for each credit card and banks from our country, they also had to adjust prices for all items, make and ship localized psn/ps+ cards, probably analyze our laws to make sure they're not breaking any etc. it takes a while to do that.

So for the last time, make a US account, forget about the trophies, they are meaningless. Buy a ps+ code from amazon or wherever. Done.

I don't think they can just allow you to change country like that because the content of the stores in most countries is different and there's no guarantee the content would work or would be able to be redownloaded.

kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kookitto

Jesus christ not this again. Register with a US account, buy psn/ps+ cards. There's absolutely no chance you will get banned. 0. ZERO. Never happened. I understand it's a nuissance but it's not like you don't have any options when you do have.

When ps store came to my country they had to add support for each credit card and banks from our country, they also had to adjust prices for all items, make and ship localized psn/ps+ cards, probably analyze our laws to make sure they're not breaking any etc. it takes a while to do that.

So for the last time, make a US account, forget about the trophies, they are meaningless. Buy a ps+ code from amazon or wherever. Done.

I don't think they can just allow you to change country like that because the content of the stores in most countries is different and there's no guarantee the content would work or would be able to be redownloaded.

marinko123

No chance of getting banned my ass. I JUST talked to them 2 days ago and they told me it violates their terms of agreement. I get away with it, yes. But why the **** will they be selling the console if they're not offering a PS store? It's the principle here that's pissing me off. oh and they don't need to localize the store they can merge us with any of them. Doesn't make much of a difference. As for changing the country, **** the downloaded content. I already said they can put a disclaimer that says "IF YOU CHANGE YOUR LOCATION YOU LOSE ALL THE CONTENT YOU PURCHASED ALREADY".

FPSfan1985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FPSfan1985
Member since 2011 • 2174 Posts

Thats why I went plus yesterday.  $50 a year is nothing. Plus I got UC3, and Vanquish free.

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Trail_Mix

"IF YOU CHANGE YOUR LOCATION YOU LOSE ALL THE CONTENT YOU PURCHASED ALREADY".kookitto

For that one account? Or is it all across the board?

Also, marinko123 might have a point here, as it may be the only chance you got.

Make a US account, or an account that has access to the PSN store, and purchase a PS+ subscription. I heard that the access to multiplayer applies to all accounts once activated. Meaning if you have a PS+ subscription on one account you'll be able to play online with the others. Not sure if that's confirmed or not, but it might be something to look into. Might be a case were you're just gonna have to ignore the supposed repercussions it's said to bring.

Besides, I can tell you right now, A LOT of people have multiple accounts that span to different regions. And this little threat from Sony ain't gonna stop them either.

kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kookitto

[QUOTE="kookitto"]"IF YOU CHANGE YOUR LOCATION YOU LOSE ALL THE CONTENT YOU PURCHASED ALREADY".Trail_Mix

Make a US account, or an account that has access to the PSN store, and purchase a PS+ subscription. I heard that the access to multiplayer applies to all accounts once activated. Meaning if you have a PS+ subscription on one account you'll be able to play online with the others. Not sure if that's confirmed or not, but it might be something to look into. Might be a case were you're just gonna have to ignore the supposed repercussions it's said to bring.

Besides, I can tell you right now, A LOT of people have multiple accounts that span to different regions. And this little threat from Sony ain't gonna stop them either.

Across that one account, should he/she choose to change location The thing about activating one plus account does it for all accounts is BS. That's not the way it works now, so how is it going to work differently on the PS4? If it works then great. Oh and I know a lot of people have multi region accounts. I do as well, but technically it's illegal. So if it's illegal, why sell a console with a promise of multiplayer?
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

[QUOTE="Kravyn81"]

I live in one of these countries:

Argentina
    Bahrain
    Brazil
    Bulgaria
    Chile
    Colombia
    Croatia
    Cyprus
    Hungary
    Iceland
    India
    Israel
    Kuwait
    Lebanon
    Malaysia
    Malta
    Mexico
    Oman
    Peru
    Qatar
    Romania
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Turkey

None of which have access to a store. I heard two of them got a store last year, but the rest didn't because I don't have one yet.

And the laws in my country are fine. I talked to the local sony distributor 2 years ago and he said it's from Sony's side.

[QUOTE="jcopp72"][QUOTE="kookitto"]

kookitto

this made me laugh.

I wasn't joking. We have strict consumer rights laws.

LOL most all those countries have access to the store becuase PS4's are region free. You can log in using an american, europe or some other country fro an account. WTF the problem?

Blongpre71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blongpre71
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="Trail_Mix"]

[QUOTE="kookitto"]"IF YOU CHANGE YOUR LOCATION YOU LOSE ALL THE CONTENT YOU PURCHASED ALREADY".kookitto

Across that one account, should he/she choose to change location The thing about activating one plus account does it for all accounts is BS. That's not the way it works now, so how is it going to work differently on the PS4? If it works then great. Oh and I know a lot of people have multi region accounts. I do as well, but technically it's illegal. So if it's illegal, why sell a console with a promise of multiplayer?

no YOU ARE wrong kookitto http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/11/one-playstation-plus-account-on-ps4-will-allow-other-accounts-to-play-online-on-same-console/ The most disappointing reveal of Sonys E3 was that youll have to subscribe to PlayStation Plus to play online on PS4, but now we can confirm that at least you only have to have one subscriber on your PS4 for everyone to play online. If you share your console and have multiple accounts, each one will not have to subscribe to play online, Shuhei Yoshida confirmed on Twitter. Just one account must subscribe. Of course, the news is still annoying for those that dont want to pay to simply play online, but its better than what it could have been
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
I really hope they keep PSN cards in abundance, I don't want to have to get a credit card to pay for online.
Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Trail_Mix

Across that one account, should he/she choose to change location The thing about activating one plus account does it for all accounts is BS. That's not the way it works now, so how is it going to work differently on the PS4? If it works then great. Oh and I know a lot of people have multi region accounts. I do as well, but technically it's illegal. So if it's illegal, why sell a console with a promise of multiplayer? kookitto

Well, as long as you keep your main account in good standing you should be okay I guess.

No, not all of PS+'s benefits will carry over to other accounts, just multiplayer. This is understandable, but still good. This way you don't have to pay for a subscription for every account you have.

no YOU ARE wrong kookitto

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/11/one-playstation-plus-account-on-ps4-will-allow-other-accounts-to-play-online-on-same-console/

The most disappointing reveal of Sonys E3 was that youll have to subscribe to PlayStation Plus to play online on PS4, but now we can confirm that at least you only have to have one subscriber on your PS4 for everyone to play online.

If you share your console and have multiple accounts, each one will not have to subscribe to play online, Shuhei Yoshida confirmed on Twitter. Just one account must subscribe.

Of course, the news is still annoying for those that dont want to pay to simply play online, but its better than what it could have beenBlongpre71

Yes this here.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
So I take it when they mean the new console is "gamer friendly" they mean "American gamer friendly"? :(kookitto
why should they care about anyone else? last time i looked at anything on google, americans buy more games per year than japan, EU, and oceanic combined... clearly there is a target audience.
kookitto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kookitto

@Mrmedia01

OK, even if they'll us play online using a no-store account. What about the content? Have you seen the stage demo of DRIVE CLUB? They basically said half the cars and tracks are only available for plus users. Pretty sure I can't get that shit without having access to the store from that account. Unless it's DLC-like. I'm sorry but unless I could see a plus sign on my avatar, it's bullshit.

I really hope they keep PSN cards in abundance, I don't want to have to get a credit card to pay for online. lonewolf604
Yeah that could create another problem. The only way I manage to get stuff from my US account is through the PSN cards. If they need CC validation there's no way I'll be able to get anything because the CC must be American as well.
[QUOTE="kookitto"]So I take it when they mean the new console is "gamer friendly" they mean "American gamer friendly"? :(Geminon
why should they care about anyone else? last time i looked at anything on google, americans buy more games per year than japan, EU, and oceanic combined... clearly there is a target audience.

looked on google? Listen to yourself... I'm completely fine if that's the case anyway. Don't sell next gen consoles anywhere except the US. That'll be just fine by me.