• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OneBadLT123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 OneBadLT123
Member since 2005 • 1152 Posts

Is the coolest thing ever. I just got a slim today and as an avid 360 user, boy was I missing out. Some of the stuff that goes on around there is hillarious...

lol

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

If by hilarious you mean male avatars grinding on "female" avatars, then yes it is hilarious. Other than that though, Home is pretty lame.

banderxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 banderxz
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

I agree

knx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 knx14
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

I agree

banderxz

with who?

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Home is great, I checked in once in a while, just somethin to do.... better than nothin.
scotthulluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 scotthulluk
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
Its not something I use constantly but when theres new stuff on there I always have a look when its gets game launching for MAG and Uncharted and MW2 Ill probably use it more But yer its a laugh theres sometimes some good vids on there too
custerke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 custerke
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

It's the lamest thing I've ever seen, created an avatar on the day of release and haven't been in Home eversince. Completely useless crap it is.

kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

If by hilarious you mean male avatars grinding on "female" avatars, then yes it is hilarious. Other than that though, Home is pretty lame.

yokofox33

this is how it is sadly

banderxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 banderxz
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

[QUOTE="banderxz"]

I agree

knx14

with who?

With YOKOFOX33

AikiSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 AikiSpirit
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

You know full well nobody ever makes there avatars to look like themselves...except me...damn I stood out. The loading times are ridiculous, and the lack of content is insulting. It's like SCE just thought it'd hit big for being free, and made no time to actually add things to do. Theirs hardly anything to decorate your space with. Also I don't know if they plan to do this, but it would be better if you could invite friends back to your space for parties. Theres also the point that you have to use real money to buy things, I mean hell no. You can buy full games on the PS store for like £10 (don't know how right that is), so why download this if theres nothing to actually do?

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts

ive only been on it a couple of times, it can be ok, but half the people on there didnt speak english. I thought there be different homes for each country, but i was wrong. I prob go back on there again, but at the moe, its not as good as i had thought. sadly

Near_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Near_13
Member since 2009 • 106 Posts
Playstation Home is amazing for 5 minutes. Then you delete it
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mickeyminime

You know full well nobody ever makes there avatars to look like themselves...except me...damn I stood out. The loading times are ridiculous, and the lack of content is insulting. It's like SCE just thought it'd hit big for being free, and made no time to actually add things to do. Theirs hardly anything to decorate your space with. Also I don't know if they plan to do this, but it would be better if you could invite friends back to your space for parties. Theres also the point that you have to use real money to buy things, I mean hell no. You can buy full games on the PS store for like £10 (don't know how right that is), so why download this if theres nothing to actually do?

AikiSpirit
i tried to make some one look like me, but i kept making things worse. I didnt want to spend hours creating a sim lol. After awhile i just made one that looked ok. Its not like im going to pull, attack, chase or even shoot people on there. I found playing bowling to be very difficult. No ill say that again, i found it to be impossible to play :(
AikiSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AikiSpirit

Playstation Home is amazing for 5 minutes. Then you delete it Near_13

Exacly! It takes up massive drive space too! It just feels empty and boring, they would have to really work hard to make this playable. But then again, when you think about it, it's not really a game. :?

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

AikiSpirit
totally agree, i signed on the first day put all the stuff you can put down in your flat and well thats all you seem to be able to get unless you start buying things, am i missing something but whats the point in it, yes it takes ages to load and not forgeting each room you go into which is new has to be downloaded. absolute waste of time, after all the hype and what it was ment to do, it doesn't even do that, what ever happened to getting the trophy room with 3d trophys. its boring and a waste the cinema just shows trailers which i aint mistaken most people can go online and find a whole bunch of trailers all together. plus we already have the sims why do we want this which is half the creation when you make your person which is rubbish, yes its free, but it serves no purpose.
asd354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 asd354
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
home is kinda good, i go on every now and then. it just gets kinda lonely on there, even though ive got about 15 friends.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

Ive never seen the attraction of home. What exactly is it?

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mickeyminime

i heard you could watch films someone else puts on i.e The Matrix

AikiSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AikiSpirit

You just create an avatar of yourself, they give you a space to decorate, and then after you can walk around the 'town' and meet people and play games. If you can get past the loading times. There's no town to explore really, compared to what you see from your space window. Would be better if you could explore that. Or if they found a way to use satelite imagery to create real towns on the ps3 that update periodically. That would be cool.

Crimtmp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Crimtmp
Member since 2006 • 2432 Posts

Used it once, never used it again it was boring.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mickeyminime

You just create an avatar of yourself, they give you a space to decorate, and then after you can walk around the 'town' and meet people and play games. If you can get past the loading times. There's no town to explore really, compared to what you see from your space window. Would be better if you could explore that. Or if they found a way to use satelite imagery to create real towns on the ps3 that update periodically. That would be cool.

AikiSpirit
yeah, prob see Bin Ladin somewhere in the image, so you have to hack in to the Home thing, so you can access the puch and kick mode lol
Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mickeyminime
[QUOTE="Mickeyminime"][QUOTE="AikiSpirit"]

yeah, prob see Bin Ladin somewhere in the image, so you have to hack in to the Home thing, so you can access the puch and kick mode lol

still, it would be great if they didnt have the long loading screen
Geo119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Geo119
Member since 2009 • 195 Posts
Home sucks, IMO. But I guess you think its awesome since you've only just started using it.
mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
Home is the most terrible idea ever created. The graphics look too serious for a fun place. Also you don't just let player walk around and do what ever they do with their female or male characters, or you will have to deal with kinds of sexual stuff. I guess Sony is trying too hard to attract US players.
Revolution316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Revolution316
Member since 2009 • 2877 Posts
home is waste of space....you have to download a location in the game just to there. really annoying.....also guys pretending to be girls....
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#26 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Home just sits on my ps3 if hope of being used. I only used home a couple of times & now it's just too dead to even go inside anymore. All you see in home are men dressed as women dancing with men thinking they're dancing with a real female, boring game spaces & people so bored that they just sit on benches looking at the mayhem in home.

blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts

Is the worst thing ever. I just got a slim today and as an avid 360 user, boy this place is disturbing. Some of the stuff that goes on around there is extremely awkward...

glesniak

Fixed.

Avatar image for deactivated-58f6434d57f33
deactivated-58f6434d57f33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-58f6434d57f33
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

Home is ultra boring. Running around like nerd and trying to talk to someone is so boring. Many just come to you and start insulting you calling a lady or else. Lame place and many lame people to meet. (no offence moderator but that's true).

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

The prob with Home for me is it gets old real fast. Gaming is way more entertaining.

Carl_W21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Carl_W21
Member since 2004 • 2021 Posts

You will get bored quite soon.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Congrats on your purchase. Come back to us in like a month and let us know if you feel the same way about Home.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
Home is quite underrated, I guess most gamers use home thinking it's another game which in turn makes their experience lacklustre because they don't understand what Home is about. It's a social network allowing gamers to talk to other like-minded gamers, sure you get some weird people but every social website has such people too. I really enjoy using Home and with the next update I'm sure it's gonna be better then ever, you will finally be able to play every game from Home :D
codezer0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#33 codezer0
Member since 2004 • 15898 Posts
I think it's the dumbest thing Sony could have done. BUt they basically did it to cash in on the craze of Second life and all those microtransactions. No, the other thing that irritates me, is the fact that even if I uninstall it, the stupid icon is still in the XMB, DEMANDING I install it again. Same goes with that photo gallery and the F@H app.
cloclohello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cloclohello
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Home isn't soo bad.. the fun wears off pretty quickly though xD

the best part about Home is walking up to a bunch of guys dressed as a female and just as they begin swarming you like a pack of hungry wolves, change the avatar back into your male character. Most of them either look really confused or just ruuuun xD love it

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

What everybody is forgeting is that home isnt even out yet........only the basic and not so fun things are avialible in the current beta

ChenWei23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ChenWei23
Member since 2008 • 307 Posts

PS Home is one of the lamest things to have graced upon the PS3...

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#37 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

the best part about Home is walking up to a bunch of guys dressed as a female and just as they begin swarming you like a pack of hungry wolves, change the avatar back into your male character. Most of them either look really confused or just ruuuun xD love it

cloclohello

.....I guess you pretty much described what you do for fun in full details.:?

ASRCSR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 ASRCSR
Member since 2008 • 2793 Posts

Is the coolest thing ever. I just got a slim today and as an avid 360 user, boy was I missing out. Some of the stuff that goes on around there is hillarious...

lol

glesniak

Do you just go upto random people and start dancing?

cloclohello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 cloclohello
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="cloclohello"]

MusashiSensi

.....I guess you pretty much described what you do for fun in full details.:?

Hahaha very funny. It just shows how awkward Home is. You read OPM? They did it. It really works xD

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

i go to home every once in a while...everyone hates on it...but i dont see why

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

True....plus its not even out yet it still a beta. theres so much more to come still

mithrixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mithrixx
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts

True....plus its not even out yet it still a beta. theres so much more to come still

Livecommander
Good point man. I almost forgot that.
kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

kate_jones

this is how it is sadly

Just make your avatar female. Walk around. 30 seconds later you'll have 5 guy following you. It's the funnyist thing ever.

EDIT: Just saw a post saying the same thing. woops.

Twig978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Twig978
Member since 2009 • 557 Posts

yokofox33
^^^This. Home is neat and it had so much potential but it's just ok now. It's fun if your bored I guess.
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts

It's the lamest thing I've ever seen, created an avatar on the day of release and haven't been in Home eversince. Completely useless crap it is.

custerke
Then you need to check it out again, Home was total crap at the start but it has gotten 10 times better.
Pancakespank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Pancakespank
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts
Gayest thing ever. worse than 360 avatars. its like sims common O_o
TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
home is pretty cool if you go on once every week or so... its not a game!
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

Home is a neat place to go to like 2 times a month. It has really changed since launch and the upcoming huge patch will make it even more neat.

runekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 runekey
Member since 2008 • 697 Posts

custerke

but its free.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

It's fun if you go against the crowd and create a male avatar and start 'running manning' the other males.

Barrels o' fun I tell you's