Please help me pick out some games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GUTTER-BOY303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GUTTER-BOY303
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
***If this is in the wrong area, I apologize. If need be, please move it or let me know where to post. Thanks!*** Hi. My wife picked me up a 80g PS3 for Christmas. Since I have to wait a few more weeks to open it up, I'm trying to figure out what games to get. I haven't played any PS3 games yet, so... On my PS2 I mainly play shooters. I really only play online games, and my favorites are the SOCOM series and SNIPER ELITE (no online game servers anymore). I like 3rd person shooters, but FPSare pretty good, too. I've picked up WARHAWK and am getting CALL of DUTY 4. What other good online PS3 games are there? I'm looking for good gameplay as well as a large online community. I've heard Rainbow Six-Vegas is pretty good. Does anyone still play it? Also, GRAW1 & 2? Any help guiding me toward good games would be appreciated. I spent a TON of money on PS2 games, only to keep going back to SOCOM, mainly because almost every other online enabled game died out reallyfast after they were released(EX: Metal GearSolid, COD3, Finest Hour, Black Hawk Down, Battlefield 2,etc...). My wife and my wallet thank you for any help/suggestions you can give me!
mechworrior762

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mechworrior762
Member since 2007 • 1763 Posts

Resistance: Fall of Man

Unreal Tournamert 3?

GRAW 2

Rainbow Six: Vagas

Off the top of my head.

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#3 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts
go to the damn game recommendation thread!
Rat-Bastard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Rat-Bastard
Member since 2003 • 34 Posts
Warhawk and Call of Duty 4 are great online games in their own right. Call of Duty 4 has a great rewarding system and Warhawks online wars make up for the graphics that are below average. Rainbow Six Vegas is good, but I found it to be quite hard. Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights has fun online streetracing if you're into that. You can bet money against other players and even go for pinks and take someone's ride. Unreal Tournament 3 will undoubtably be an insane must have first person shooter. Resistance Fall of Man was ok, but it didn't interest me too long. The Darkness has a decent online mode where you can change between a person using a gun and a shadow demon. The two you have in mind, COD4 and Warhawk are great fun though and your best bet.
K-Poulsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 K-Poulsen
Member since 2007 • 262 Posts

go to the damn game recommendation thread!jakndaxter7223

why does it matter? god who cares

GUTTER-BOY303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 GUTTER-BOY303
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the input. I'll take some of the info you gave me and maybe rent the games first before I buy them this time around. And to the guy who said, "go to the damn game recommendations", I tried, but most of the reviews focused on the single player part of the games. It's hard to decide which games you'd like without people knowing your game type/style preferences. That would be like you asking me which is the best racing game. I could say "Gran Turismo", but a lot of good that would do you if you liked more arcade-y types of games like "Ridge Racer", or a sim-type racing game like "TOCA". Without knowing your game pref., you might love MX vs ATV and not even like car racing games. Now do you know why I posted where I did? Anyway, I hope SOCOM: CONFRONTATION comes out in VERY early spring '08. Thanks again for the info, and feel free to recommend any other good games.