Playstation VR - Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mdbuchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mdbuchman
Member since 2003 • 255 Posts

I have been reading mixed reviews on the Playstation VR. Curious what everyone thinks about it so far.

In my opinion when it works I give it a 9.5/10, although I have not ran into to many gameplay tracking issues while playing. But, I have noticed that it seems to randomly completely loose the tracking orientation at times and you have to get out and back in...which is very frustrating. What I mean by this is it acts like your forward is when you turn your head all the way to the left(?) and it says hold option to recenter but that sometimes does not work or is diabled for some reason. When playing games and it is working, it is an incredible experience. I know that some reviewers complain about the resolution, but I do not notice it when playing games. I would say my favorite game so far is Battlezone (which I bought) and also Until Dawn (also bought).

Anyways I am hoping that the tracking issues can be fixed via software. Overall looking forward to the VR future.

Curious if anyone has noticed another quark with playing with it. Sometimes when I turn it off and go back to my TV, the screen has shrunk on the TV and there are black borders around it and have to restart the PS4 to fix.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Try fix the lighting in your room and give the lens of the camera a good wipe, that should fix the tracking.

As for the other problem, no idea.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

A downside to using a camera for tracking. I don't think the eye was even really intended and built for VR plus it uses some CPU overhead afaik. Firmware can only fix so much, I suspect most will end up getting another camera which should provide some better tracking. I'll give the credit to Vive there, using lasers for tracking. I can spin around in my chair, hit the floor or stand up and never lose an instant. I just chair VR though, not into room space stuff.