BlackHole630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 BlackHole630
Member since 2023 • 13 Posts

I have had portal since release and always had these issues. I have had constant lag and connection issues on portal. I do not understand why. I have messed with many internet settings but clearly my basic internet knowledge is not sufficient to solve problem so I turn to those who know more than I do.

I have ps5 connected via LAN to base mesh router, 2 other routers set around a 2,000 square ft home and no other devices ever have issues so I am seeking out some solutions. Max amount of devices connected is 10 but I do know that mesh internet routers can support much more so that isn't an issue. We pay for highest connection speeds in house and considering other devices have no issues I am certain there must be something I would need to adjust on ps5 itself or mesh app but not sure what would correct issue.

I don't use it much, just when tv in use by kids, casually, for a few games such as madden or cities skylines and handful more. I primarily use TV for gaming but for hr or two on portal it would be nice to play a bit without lagging issues or resolution blurriness. Please help.

Hate to have to sell it out of not being able to correct issue and use it the limited time I do but if can't correct it than I can go back to old school way...waiting for tv to be available to play and recoup some of the $200 spent in Nov. Prefer not. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

If there is more appropriate place to repost on site, let me know and I will certainly do so but figured I'd try my fellow ps users first.