Playstation Network robbed me of 5 dollars

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrSaturn33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 MrSaturn33
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

So after the PSN servers come back up and the you can get a Playstation Plus Trial for 30 days, I grab Sonic the Hedgehog 2 off the Playstation Store for free. Logically I assume I will be able to play it after my trail is up, right? (Of course I skipped the reminder telling me otherwise since that's naturally my instinct since 99.99% it's just stupid legal BS) Well, later, I buy the Sonic pack for 20 dollars that has every Sonic the Hedgehog game on PSN, including Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I choose to download everything at once and delete the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 installer thinking, why wlould I need that, I already have it! But later I discover that in order to keep playing the version of Sonic 2 I got for free I need to continue to be subscribed. I thought, no big deal, when I stop being a Playstation Plus member I'll have Sonic 2 anyway!

Just now I say I want to play Sonic 2 and it tells me I am no longer a member of Playstation Plus and need to pay for it. Fine, I thought, I'll just select in from my downloads list where it is with all of my other Sonic games I bought at the same time and download it again. IT. ISN'T. THERE. There's a good chance it disapeared JUST NOW as I selected the expired freebie version of Sonic 2 but basically I legitimatley payed for a game that I can no longer own. This is complete and utter BS. I am very, very, mad and I want my money back or the game back. I looked and looked for an appropriate phone number to call and could not find one. I know if I try to E-Mail them they'll never get me back. I need to speak to someone at Sony or Sega, very preferably whose native language is English.Please, I just need help, this isn't fair.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I'm sure someone here will get right on that...
MrSaturn33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrSaturn33

I'm sure someone here will get right on that...guynamedbilly

Please don't be rude and sarcastic. (And forgive me if I misinterpreted your comment.) That's not what I intended. I just need to be redirected to a proper number of E-Mail, as I couldn't seem to find one. There has to be SOME solution.

ShadowLaguna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 ShadowLaguna
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

You may find what you're looking for in the support section on the Official Playstation website. If not, the boards there may help you out. They can probably sort it out better than we can.

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

It appears as though you didn't try to download it through the Store. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the downloads list removes any PS+ tied DLC and games when your membership expires. In this case, it seems like it was removed from the downloads list even though you own the full game. Either way, you should be able to download the game through the PS Store.

MrSaturn33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MrSaturn33

It appears as though you didn't try to download it through the Store. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the downloads list removes any PS+ tied DLC and games when your membership expires. In this case, it seems like it was removed from the downloads list even though you own the full game. Either way, you should be able to download the game through the PS Store.

RogueShodown

I tihnk you mean go to the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 page and say download from there. If I own the game there should be a red bag icon on top of the game icon but there is a blue bag as if I don't own it. I that's what you mean then I forgot to mention I tried that...It just said, "Your Membership has expired and you need to purchase the game or renue your Playstation Plus membership to continue." Not those exact words but you know what I mean. Thanks though...

You may find what you're looking for in the support section on the Official Playstation website. If not, the boards there may help you out. They can probably sort it out better than we can.

ShadowLaguna

Oh great. I try to sign up, they're undergoing maintenance. Perfect timing.

https://store.playstation.com/accounts/register/beginNewAccountRegistrationFlow.action

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Call the cops.
Rootbeer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Rootbeer95
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts

So after the PSN servers come back up and the you can get a Playstation Plus Trial for 30 days, I grab Sonic the Hedgehog 2 off the Playstation Store for free. Logically I assume I will be able to play it after my trail is up, right? (Of course I skipped the reminder telling me otherwise since that's naturally my instinct since 99.99% it's just stupid legal BS) Well, later, I buy the Sonic pack for 20 dollars that has every Sonic the Hedgehog game on PSN, including Sonic the Hedgehog 2. I choose to download everything at once and delete the Sonic the Hedgehog 2 installer thinking, why wlould I need that, I already have it! But later I discover that in order to keep playing the version of Sonic 2 I got for free I need to continue to be subscribed. I thought, no big deal, when I stop being a Playstation Plus member I'll have Sonic 2 anyway!

Just now I say I want to play Sonic 2 and it tells me I am no longer a member of Playstation Plus and need to pay for it. Fine, I thought, I'll just select in from my downloads list where it is with all of my other Sonic games I bought at the same time and download it again. IT. ISN'T. THERE. There's a good chance it disapeared JUST NOW as I selected the expired freebie version of Sonic 2 but basically I legitimatley payed for a game that I can no longer own. This is complete and utter BS. I am very, very, mad and I want my money back or the game back. I looked and looked for an appropriate phone number to call and could not find one. I know if I try to E-Mail them they'll never get me back. I need to speak to someone at Sony or Sega, very preferably whose native language is English.Please, I just need help, this isn't fair.

MrSaturn33
You sir, have a case! I would normally direct someone to the download history but you've already done that. Sounds like a major flaw of Sony's 'welcome back' scheme. Sorry I can't help you but I hope you get your game back. My only guess would be to go on the Playstaton US Blog, find a PS Plus article and find the author who's usually a PS Store admin. Maybe the blog or the author will have some details you could use?
lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts
You could simply re-download the Sonic package and get Sonic 2 back that way seeing as it is a part of it.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

Are you trying to download it from the sales page or the PS+ page? If so then use the search feature to find the game you own, look for it at the full price instead of the discounted price or PS+ price or whatever... Then hopefully you'll see a download link as i've seen multiple instances of the same game and when i bought Worms it said i didn't own it but when i searched for it i saw the retail version at full price which i was able to download.

MrSaturn33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrSaturn33

You could simply re-download the Sonic package and get Sonic 2 back that way seeing as it is a part of it.lyndonAPI

Great idea! But too bad they're not selling it anymore...Of course.

Are you trying to download it from the sales page or the PS+ page? If so then use the search feature to find the game you own, look for it at the full price instead of the discounted price or PS+ price or whatever... Then hopefully you'll see a download link as i've seen multiple instances of the same game and when i bought Worms it said i didn't own it but when i searched for it i saw the retail version at full price which i was able to download.

JohnF111

...It's no longer on the Playstation Plus page and I DID get to the actual page of the game as I've mentioned before. Yes, I tried searching it just now but it changed nothing. It shows a blue bag icon as if I never payed for it, unlike every single other Sonic game which has a red icon signifiying I do. It just must have erased all memory of me owning the game after my stupid trial was up. Thanks anyway...

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
Hmm.. Yeah it is probably a database error since you owned Sonic 2 during the PS+ time maybe cause you bought the game during this time as well when the PS+ ended the database ended your ownership, even though you paid for it... Should be a simple case of emailing them or like you asked phoning them: http://us.playstation.com/corporate/contactus/ Has a phone number i'm sure after you get someone you'll just need to supply information about you and your account and then they'll see evidence that you paid for the game and simply change something to make you be able to download it.