Playstation 3's Online

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlazerPride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BlazerPride
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

How is Playstation 3's Online network now that they updated alot on it and continue to update on it and improve things on it (With the Playstation Store etc). Is it pretty stable and Lag Free for the most part (I know that all consoles have issues in this area with online play).

But for instance i'm a big big sports video gamer,hence my Screen Name:lol: If i'm playing (NBA 2K9 or NBA Live 2009 or College Hoops 2K8 etc) Will the Online features playing against other people and your friends on Playstation 3 be stable? or Will my online experience with playing any sports video games crash and freeze up on me or stop responding? etc

What has been your experience with playing Online with the Playstation 3 as opposed to just playing Single Player?

Thank you and God Bless

Avatar image for ChocolateCake10
ChocolateCake10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ChocolateCake10
Member since 2008 • 759 Posts
ya its pretty stable on sports games. i played nhl 09 a lot online without problems
s1wel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 s1wel
Member since 2008 • 375 Posts
[QUOTE="BlazerPride"]

How is Playstation 3's Online network now that they updated alot on it and continue to update on it and improve things on it (With the Playstation Store etc). Is it pretty stable and Lag Free for the most part (I know that all consoles have issues in this area with online play).

But for instance i'm a big big sports video gamer,hence my Screen Name:lol: If i'm playing (NBA 2K9 or NBA Live 2009 or College Hoops 2K8 etc) Will the Online features playing against other people and your friends on Playstation 3 be stable? or Will my online experience with playing any sports video games crash and freeze up on me or stop responding? etc

What has been your experience with playing Online with the Playstation 3 as opposed to just playing Single Player?

Thank you and God Bless

i like shooters myself and generally they are lag free with a very good standard though glitches every now and then are to be expected. on the other hand, my experience with sports games is not so good. only played football, or soccer to you, games online but the experience was ruined with framerate issues and frequent crashes. could'nt comment on ice hockey and such things though
BlazerPride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlazerPride
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts

ya its pretty stable on sports games. i played nhl 09 a lot online without problemsChocolateCake10

Thank you ChocolateCake10 and s1wel. So for the most part Sports games playing them Online with other people seems to be pretty stable and okay from what it sounds like.

Now i'm just wondering how Basketball sports games are on the Playstation 3 Online (NBA 2K series and the NBA Live series)

deesterdee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deesterdee
Member since 2008 • 96 Posts
its not as good as live but not to bad for free
other44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 other44
Member since 2007 • 1494 Posts
ive never had problems with it!
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
The online is really good, considering that it's free. However, there are those days where I cannot connect at all, but that's my problem.
delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
its not as good as live but not to bad for free deesterdee
ive had much more alg on XBL than i ever did on PSN
Dirty3rdTex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dirty3rdTex
Member since 2007 • 635 Posts
I get lag now and then but other then that its pretty good. Plus my ISP blows so with that said, PSN is great as far as stabillity goes
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
My PSN connections is odd....when I'm connected I get no lag at all, but it disconnects me quite frequently, and can be incredibly frustrating. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it.
Erratic-Steel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Erratic-Steel
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

I've found that has been getting better and has become more stable since it first started. I can play COD4 now without any problems...maybe I'll get the occasional "Unable to connect" or "Server Full" error but to my understanding Xbox Live has these problems with COD4 too.