Playstation 3 and a enclosure kit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VDWolfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 VDWolfer
Member since 2003 • 593 Posts

My playstation isn't working so i have to send it to sony for it to be fixed. It has it where its got the flashing red lights. Anyway, since I was able to hang on to my hardrive since it wasn't the factory one, it was my upgraded one. I was wondering, is it possible for me to use an enclosure kit to take the ps3 hardrive i have and use it to tranfer files to another playstation 3 since the enclosure kit makes it like an external harddrive.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I think so, but I'm not certain. However, I am certain that even if it works you'll end up with a number of broken saves that will not copy to another PS3, thanks to developer's kind use of system locked saves. So if you spent hundreds of hours in Demon's Souls, say goodbye to that character.
VDWolfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 VDWolfer
Member since 2003 • 593 Posts

then i better hope that they can fix my system and not give me a new one. it like are flashing red which means that fan is probably broken or something.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Well, if you can, go for it. Cause once you pop it back into your PS3, it auto formats. So if you can back up your saves and what not, do it.