Playing though the all four Metal Gear Solid games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wowguytc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 wowguytc
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
So I just picked up the essential three pack and decided to play through all them again. I had all of them at time but either sold them or traded them. I just started part one and man does it bring back memories. It's cool seeing all the references from part four that I had forgot such as when snake meets meryl for the first time in MGS1 and tells her she still has to safety lock on. Ahh good times. Anyone else doing the same?
MKLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MKLOL
Member since 2007 • 2080 Posts
So I just picked up the essential three pack and decided to play through all them again. I had all of them at time but either sold them or traded them. I just started part one and man does it bring back memories. It's cool seeing all the references from part four that I had forgot such as when snake meets meryl for the first time in MGS1 and tells her she still has to safety lock on. Ahh good times. Anyone else doing the same?wowguytc
I'm waiting for the essencial pack... I already started MGS4 but I won't go on until I finish the essencial!
potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#3 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
I bought the Essentials and cleared it before MGS4 got released, and I already cleared MGS4 too.
anomoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anomoly
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts
im doing the same.. i got the essential collection and mgs 4.. i beat mgs 1 yesterday.. amazing game
lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts

id never played any of the metal gear solid games , i bought the essentials collection and just started mgs1, and for a ps1 game its really good

KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts
Have fun =] I just got done playing through all of them last month.
wowguytc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wowguytc
Ha I actually went to dig out my old copy of MGS1 (doesnt work no more, discs dont read) to get Meryl's frequency that is on the back of the box haha. Love it. Now I wonder, can you assign your controller to slot 2 when fighting Phsycho Mantis? Guess ill have to try....
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
I went through them the week before MGS4 came out. Got all the way to Snake Eater when I have to get into Granzji Grad... I got past the cutscene where Volgin is torturing Granin. Cant find my way into the fortress now :lol:
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
Ha I actually went to dig out my old copy of MGS1 (doesnt work no more, discs dont read) to get Meryl's frequency that is on the back of the box haha. Love it. Now I wonder, can you assign your controller to slot 2 when fighting Phsycho Mantis? Guess ill have to try....wowguytc
Yeah, you can lol. I couldnt remember what to do for the first 15 minutes so I was like "Ahhh wtf, I forget!" lol. I have the original game too, I just put it up on eBay though :lol:
danduron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danduron
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts
i got the essentials collection before MGS4, and played through all three of them. i finished MGS3 about a week ago and haven't had much of a chance to play 4 yet. MGS1 brought back SO many memories! ahhh... beautiful game. MG2 was SO bad! the jump in graphics was great, but Raiden and the bosses were AWFUL! this is a game that in retrospect, wasn't as good as i once thought. MGS3 on the other hand... wow. this game was PERFECT. GREAT story, GREAT bosses, GREAT atmoshpere... i cried at the end, when i was fighting the Boss and won. it was SOOOOOOOOOOO good! i hope 4 is as good as 3, or at least better than 2 lol.
chuwen25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chuwen25
Member since 2004 • 62 Posts
when i saw there's such a pack, i kind of think it's cool to play all of them back to back, but come to think about it, i might not want to play MGS1 again, since the graphic of ps1 is pretty killing in a bad way, maybe MGS2 is playable, but i already own it but haven't finish it, but i definately want to play MGS3 again, just not the cut scenes.
NisiThanasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NisiThanasi
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts
I played each one of them when they came out and beat them when they came out. I did not replay them, but I remembered everything...every single little detail I rememberd, and if Gamespot does an MGS Trivia Game I shall be the dominant KING!
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
i already owned MGS1,2,and 3 before i got 4 :D
wowguytc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wowguytc
I had beat part one a looooong time ago and part two right when it came out. I forgot alot of the little things but remembered most of the big things if that makes sense?....Anyways I started part one today and played it for like 5 and half hours straight. I got to where the part when you gotta fight the helicopter (hind d) on top of that building. Anyways got to tired and will finish tomorrow and start part two. I really don't remember it being that bad.....didn't like that i wasn't snake but thought the gameplay was pretty much the same minus the blonde hair, carthwheel kick, and winey voice. Anyways tomorrow the journey continues
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
So I just picked up the essential three pack and decided to play through all them again. I had all of them at time but either sold them or traded them. I just started part one and man does it bring back memories. It's cool seeing all the references from part four that I had forgot such as when snake meets meryl for the first time in MGS1 and tells her she still has to safety lock on. Ahh good times. Anyone else doing the same?wowguytc
Yep same here,On MGS1 at moment.
cifru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 cifru
Member since 2005 • 2211 Posts
I rebought the past games off eBay....again :lol: