PETA joins protest against World at War's attack dogs

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

this is the first time i hear about this PETA thingy company lol... anyways this is kinda intersting as peta is protesting against attacking dogs in CoD:W@W here's the artical:

Following a Massachusetts high school petition protesting the treatment of dogs in Call of Duty: World at War, the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is now joining the protest as well. Upon seeing news of the protest, PETA sent publisher Activision Blizzard an invitation to take one of its "Developing Empathy for Animals" seminars for free. The organization has also sent the company a package of Nintendogs for the DS, which it deems "dog-friendly." PETA hopes the puppy sim will help influence Activision's treatment of animals in future games, with the organization's blog noting "perhaps the next Call of Duty game will have you unlock achievements for petting the dogs you encounter and going on walks or playing Frisbee with them."

this is the link where i found this artical: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/23/peta-joins-protest-against-world-at-wars-attack-dogs/#comments

Now everyone's thoughts?

fire-dragon-90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 fire-dragon-90
Member since 2009 • 700 Posts

LOL those are not even real dogs WTF

Dark-Star13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Dark-Star13
Member since 2009 • 2849 Posts

waist of time on their part lol

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Better hope no one with PETA playsResident Evil, Dead Rising:Chop till ya Drop(you kill poodles!:o), RPGs,or Barbies Horse Adventure.:P

Bubble_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Bubble_Man
Member since 2006 • 3100 Posts

PETA has long been recognized as a bunch of extremists who are out of touch with normal people. If it's okay to kill humans in games, it's okay to whack a few dogs. It's realistic since dogs were, in fact, used in past wars. Anyway, PETA is a little late to complain about this sort of thing. I remember shooting junkyard dogs on earthworm Jim and watching them explode into a flurry of bones. :P

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Yeah I really think the virtual dogs suffered an immense amount of pain with their pixel bodies and blood. Please these people can go on claiming that the world is so evil because of all the precious animals suffering, but they do nothing to make actual improvements besides whine and moan. Thats the problem with the world, everybody has a voice and all they use it for is complaining about nonsense. I mean come on those virtual dogs in Nintendogs are just that, virtual, whether you pet it for 15 hours straight or starve it, when you restart the game it will be there as good as new. Its not real, get over it.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

PETA is and will always be the most ignorant group that this world could encounter

god forbid they are extremists. arent they considered a national terrorist group now?

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Where were they for COD4? lol But seriously, they DID use attack dogs in WWII so they do fit in the game...
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 THE_BRUTALIZER
Member since 2008 • 3488 Posts

peta is the biggest waste of someones life ive ever seen.

for gods sake, its not even **** real, its a detailed interactive animation.....

what about silent hill, resident evil, harry potter......EVERYTHING has a damn dog in it that dies or has its head chopped in half or something....get over it

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
Well they obviously didn't have anything to say for CoD4 single player campaign... so...
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts

Virtual dogs, PETA. Virtual dogs... :|

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

PETA is and will always be the most ignorant group that this world could encounter

god forbid they are extremists. arent they considered a national terrorist group now?

supa_badman

Don't belittle PETA or its members only because you disagree with them. I'm glad there are people out there who hold animals' interests in high esteem.

That being said, I too don't understand what's wrong with killing virtual animals. THAT may be overzealous from PETA but I respect their overall work.

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
PETA would hate Resident Evil then. PETA needs to gtfo and stfu. One extremely annoying organization that I'm tired of hearing about.
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 THE_BRUTALIZER

HEY DUDES

check out my new profile on PETA forums....i just posted THIS topic and they hate me now

for the record i do NOT beat puppies. :D

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

they wouldnt care if people were getting killed, just animals, LOL

touchyourtoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 touchyourtoes
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

HA!

I'm going to go punch some puppies now.

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 THE_BRUTALIZER

they wouldnt care if people were getting killed, just animals, LOL

TJSAGE
thats my point.....they cant stop violence....unless they were some god....
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

God, I hate activists.

Where were the humanitarians when Treyarch decided to put real execution footage in the game?

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
[QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]

Don't belittle PETA or its members only because you disagree with them. I'm glad there are people out there who hold animals' interests in high esteem.

That being said, I too don't understand what's wrong with killing virtual animals. THAT may be overzealous from PETA but I respect their overall work.

Excuse me? i belittle them because not only make ignorant claims but they Cause domestic terrorism to those who dont share their beliefs and at that, lets all support the KKK because they strive to make a pure white, blue-eyed american race in the name of God. they seem to do respectable work to those who think like them. hmm?
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 THE_BRUTALIZER

God, I hate activists.

Where were the humanitarians when Treyarch decided to put real execution footage in the game?

Scianix-Black
hahah activists? its a bunch of old ladies sitting around doing nothing but saying "We are gonna stop this NAO!!" and then getting people all pumped while people like us just blow them off....
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 THE_BRUTALIZER
[QUOTE="supa_badman"][QUOTE="QuebecSuperstar"]

[QUOTE="supa_badman"]

Excuse me? i belittle them because not only make ignorant claims but they Cause domestic terrorism to those who dont share their beliefs and at that, lets all support the KKK because they strive to make a pure white, blue-eyed american race in the name of God. they seem to do respectable work to those who think like them. hmm?

hahaha WE HAVE A WINNER
WalterPeck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WalterPeck
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

God, I hate activists.

THE_BRUTALIZER
hahah activists? its a bunch of old ladies sitting around doing nothing but saying "We are gonna stop this NAO!!" and then getting people all pumped while people like us just blow them off....

On the contrary, PETA consists mostly of younger people, they're easier to influence.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

God, I hate activists.

WalterPeck

On the contrary, PETA consists mostly of younger people, they're easier to influence.

Hah, told you :P

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 THE_BRUTALIZER
[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

God, I hate activists.

WalterPeck

theyre all the same, no-life socially challenged people that use their pets as friends and believe no animal should be harmed. Im sure that none of them drive cars, wear leather or etc, eat meat, have worn fur..........
THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 THE_BRUTALIZER

haha thats ME

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 THE_BRUTALIZER

for those who cant see the image, my username is PUPPY_BEATER

THE_BRUTALIZER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 THE_BRUTALIZER

[QUOTE="THE_BRUTALIZER"]

HEY DUDES

check out my new profile on PETA forums....i just posted THIS topic and they hate me now

for the record i do NOT beat puppies. :D

QuebecSuperstar

Wow, you showed them! :roll:

i got about 3 hate emails now....heheheh i really love animalls......i just hate peta.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#29 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

lol at first i felt kinda bad for shooting and stabbing so many dogs but after a while they get really annoying... but anyways it's a freaking game and nobody should be offended over it.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

PETA's so messed, they used to put animals down and hurt them as well. They're a joke and they're psycho, why does the world treat animals better than the fellow human being? I understand the whole if you see a bum or a puppy you'd help the puppy, but come on, rather than trying to protest against killing humans they care about fake dogs...get serious. Either way protesting against games these days is usually fail. There's hardly anything offensive in them, people just don't want to accept it.

rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts

I deer hunt, so I've known about PETA for a long time, but this is a new one on me. I knew they protested against hunting, but I've never heard of them protesting against video games that harm animals. They honestly can't think this is actually going to do anything, do they?

Nightrain76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nightrain76
Member since 2003 • 334 Posts

In regards to PETA, "Our hounds will tear them to shreds!"

Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
The whole point of killing dogs in COD is staying alive. I guarantee that if PETA or the people who made this petition were faced with a ravenous, bloodthirsty dog in real life that sought to kill them, they would take action against it. If they deny that they would choose to sacrifice their life so that a tormented monster can continue to live, they are lying.
zype2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zype2
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts

Wow, PETA is a peachy, happy, fairy like group of virtual love.

If they are serious about this, then PETA may need some seminars or something! They can't go on worrying about dogs that don't exsist. For example, in that same game...if I believed those Zombies where real, I would have some serious issues!!! Enough said...........

Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts

I don't think they know that CoD WaW is a WWII game, and that the treatment of dogs in the game is historically correct. Also, why is it okay that the dog is attacking the human, but it's not okay for the human to fight back? There not even real dogs anyway...

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

ONE DAY PETA WILL PROTEST AGAINST HOT DOGS

this makes me wanna watch that episode of south park with PETA .

they dont got nothing to do in life or something, cuz damn, they're ATTACK dogs, come on. well i'll protest against KILLING OF HUMANS in games then, since animals r worth so much in a game. THE NEXT GTA SHOULD HAVE ANIMALS AND KIDS TO KNOCK DOWN and Run over AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAINNN, and i'll still help poor kids in real life. lame @ss peta !!!!! connect the dots freckled face idiots

( PETA GUY) here at this camp, we live with the animals, we eat with the animals..we..( RUBS NIPPLES) ..inter-marry with them..

( peta actvist) ONE DAY YOU GAME SPOT PEOPLE WILL SWALLOW BACK UR OWN VOMIT WHEN WE Successfull breed an animal and a human

Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts

In regards to PETA, "Our hounds will tear them to shreds!"

Nightrain76

LOL, that's going in my sig.

zype2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zype2
Member since 2004 • 200 Posts

I don't think they know that CoD WaW is a WWII game, and that the treatment of dogs in the game is historically correct. Also, why is it okay that the dog is attacking the human, but it's not okay for the human to fight back? There not even real dogs anyway...

Ryder123
Exactly, I was paperboy at one time and sometimes dogs can do crazy things!
Choco_Taco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Choco_Taco
Member since 2007 • 573 Posts

Wow:|

It's just a matter of time before they start throwing red paint on people leaving GameStop with a copy of CoDW@W:o

MARKS_HOME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MARKS_HOME
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

f'n gayest thing i've ever heard! peta is a joke! This kind of b.s. actually hurts their cause. They should stick to throwing paint and guilting people with gruesome vids.

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts
I'm going to make a video montage of me killing the dogs in World at War and Call of Duty 4 then send it to them. I hope they enjoy my film.
cdx00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cdx00
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts

*munches on hamburger*

I bet animals hate PETA. Those are the extremist-idiots who would go face-to-face with a rabid dog, make baby talk, then get half of their face ripped off and blame it on themselves for being 'too aggressive'.

If some dog, albeit a game or real life, walked up to me and started to try to bite my nads, I'd whack the crap out of that thing's skull with a crowbar.

e1ysium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 e1ysium
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

hahahahaha..that's too funny..they put virtual dogs before real people..gotta love PETA and their hippy ways..hey..they should send all of us DS' and a free copy of nintendogs. anyhow...they should of started back when wolfenstein 3d first came out..or if u can think of even older games that involve shooting dogs post it :) this thread is funny. i mean i love dogs but come on...it's a videogame

WhiteSnake5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 WhiteSnake5000
Member since 2005 • 12454 Posts

hahahahaha..that's too funny..they put virtual dogs before real people..gotta love PETA and their hippy ways..hey..they should send all of us DS' and a free copy of nintendogs. anyhow...they should of started back when wolfenstein 3d first came out..or if u can think of even older games that involve shooting dogs post it :) this thread is funny. i mean i love dogs but come on...it's a videogame

e1ysium
I don't know but in a game called Postal 2, you can use cat's to silence your shotgun. It is ridiculous. lol
e1ysium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 e1ysium
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

[QUOTE="e1ysium"]

WhiteSnake5000

I don't know but in a game called Postal 2, you can use cat's to silence your shotgun. It is ridiculous. lol

hahahaha, LMAO..i don't think that game is as old as castle wolfenstein but that's pretty funny...pretty sure there's a lot of games out there that involve animalviolencei dunno why they'd just woken up now

spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts

why don't peta go after rockstar for gta 4 for killing pigeons