One thing I would like to see in the next RE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joseangelhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 joseangelhe
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts

I think Capcom should try to add loss of limbs in the next RE.

I love RE5 and all other RE's but I think being able to shoot zombies legs or arms off would be cool, instead of always just staggering them when you shoot them in the knees, how about you every once in a while shoot the knee off. I think it would some interesting melee opportunities if the zombies are trying to crawl towards you with their hands after blowing the legs off with a shot gun; or a zombie running towards you with no arms.

What do you guys think?

VgFanatic78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 VgFanatic78
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

If i'm not mistaken, capcom already did that with the earlier ps2 RE games, not sure but i think that feature was in re2. But i do agree that it would be cool to see that in the next RE. (",)

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

meh thats dead space's thing

TGL88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TGL88
Member since 2007 • 360 Posts

Loss of limbs would be cool but i much rather them focus on a better atmosphere. Bioshock and Dead Space did this very well. In Resident Evil 5 what you get is your very cliche , oh heres the laboratory level, oh and lets not forget your industrialized zone. They had awesome atmosphere in Resident Evil 2. One last thing why the hell does Hideki Kamiya always abandon an awesome series he helps create.

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
Just give me the ability to move and shoot next time and I'll be happy. Don't get me wrong though, I'm on chapter 3 of RE5 so far and have been super-impressed with every bit of it so far. The graphics alone are amazing for a multiplat, and despite having to stand still while shooting it still is a very fun game. The co-op online is awesome!
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I think Capcom should try to add loss of limbs in the next RE.

I love RE5 and all other RE's but I think being able to shoot zombies legs or arms off would be cool, instead of always just staggering them when you shoot them in the knees, how about you every once in a while shoot the knee off. I think it would some interesting melee opportunities if the zombies are trying to crawl towards you with their hands after blowing the legs off with a shot gun; or a zombie running towards you with no arms.

What do you guys think?

joseangelhe

Yeh, I would like to see a bit more gore, as on RE5 there was only exploding heads. But I don't want them to steal Dead Space's idea of dismemberment.

donmega1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 donmega1
Member since 2003 • 1456 Posts

agree 100%. something like the house of dead

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
That would be awesome.It would be like soldier of fortune.......But alot better.Especially if they actually made it look real,not all cheesy.
joseangelhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joseangelhe
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts

Unknown_Hero3
Does that mean Capcom can't use it?
Ryuketsu2043

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ryuketsu2043
Member since 2004 • 1899 Posts
I heard froma few statements that the next RE is going back to its roots as in more like re 1/2
RXtasy7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RXtasy7
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]Just give me the ability to move and shoot next time and I'll be happy. Don't get me wrong though, I'm on chapter 3 of RE5 so far and have been super-impressed with every bit of it so far. The graphics alone are amazing for a multiplat, and despite having to stand still while shooting it still is a very fun game. The co-op online is awesome!

If you were able to move and shoot in RE5, it would be too easy because the zombies aren't as agile and swift as you are. You would be able to evade them almost too effectively imo. But yeah, loss of limbs def is a must.
Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Sounds Like A Good Idea

Unknown_Hero3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Unknown_Hero3
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts

[QUOTE="Unknown_Hero3"]

joseangelhe

Does that mean Capcom can't use it?

No but Dead Space's gameplay is really based around that. Capcom can use it, but don't make it as big a gameplay component as Dead Space

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

I heard froma few statements that the next RE is going back to its roots as in more like re 1/2Ryuketsu2043
Capcom have said that they're rebooting the series (again) for RE6, but they've said nothing about it going back to it's roots. I'd be all for it going back to it's roots in terms of atmosphere but it would be a disaster if it went back in terms of gameplay. The old REs have aged so very badly.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
Yeah that would be fun and interesting. I'm hoping they go back into the RE Zombie era.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

Unknown_Hero3

yeah because that idea totally started with dead space

truthbetold101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 truthbetold101
Member since 2008 • 228 Posts

agreed, but not all the time or it'll get old and more automaticly added on, giving it that generic kinda feel. i think more than anything the game should allow the player to walk while shooting... i mean... its true that it makes the game more difficult, and it its something original for he series.... but its a little old

bxbru05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bxbru05
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts
i agree. but i think the atmosphere like making the game more scary is more important. and i would like to see zombies again instead of those possessed people. o and i would love to be able to walk while i shoot
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]Just give me the ability to move and shoot next time and I'll be happy. Don't get me wrong though, I'm on chapter 3 of RE5 so far and have been super-impressed with every bit of it so far. The graphics alone are amazing for a multiplat, and despite having to stand still while shooting it still is a very fun game. The co-op online is awesome!RXtasy7
If you were able to move and shoot in RE5, it would be too easy because the zombies aren't as agile and swift as you are. You would be able to evade them almost too effectively imo. But yeah, loss of limbs def is a must.

So basically you're saying that it's acceptable for games to limit the natural and realistic functions of a human in order to create action? In real life, I can walk and shoot at the same time. Why couldn't they make the Majini more agile, and let us have realistic movement?
nobodylive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 nobodylive
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
Because moving and shooting would be too easy for Resident evil's standards. -_-.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

If i'm not mistaken, capcom already did that with the earlier ps2 RE games, not sure but i think that feature was in re2. But i do agree that it would be cool to see that in the next RE. (",)

VgFanatic78
Also the regenerators in RE4.
spartan_1078

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 spartan_1078
Member since 2007 • 34 Posts

I want Shaun of the Dead (read: slow) zombies, a new backdrop (possibly spanning from a city where the zombie outbreak begins to heading out into the country side) and a return to limited ammo, but being able to move and shoot, with controls like Meatal Gear Solid 4. F*** it, I just want that as a new zombie video game. I play RE for the ridiculous story and horrible cliches.

Avatar image for deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts

I want Shaun of the Dead (read: slow) zombies, a new backdrop (possibly spanning from a city where the zombie outbreak begins to heading out into the country side) and a return to limited ammo, but being able to move and shoot, with controls like Meatal Gear Solid 4. F*** it, I just want that as a new zombie video game. I play RE for the ridiculous story and horrible cliches.

spartan_1078
wins
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#26 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]Just give me the ability to move and shoot next time and I'll be happy. Don't get me wrong though, I'm on chapter 3 of RE5 so far and have been super-impressed with every bit of it so far. The graphics alone are amazing for a multiplat, and despite having to stand still while shooting it still is a very fun game. The co-op online is awesome!RXtasy7

Yeah, shooting and moving would be tooeasy, but to be honest I liked the idea of only staying still while shooting, which I didn't think I would when I first heard about it. In a way it was more accurate.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
capcom make a survivor horror game with scary atmosphere have puzzles dont have so much shooter gameplay
dadou_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dadou_gamer
Member since 2009 • 78 Posts

Well... I'd like to see a more terrifying atmosphere in the next RE. It's already terrible but I'd like something more strange who make you being nervous!!!:o

stinkyfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 stinkyfriend
Member since 2007 • 1325 Posts
Resident Evil 5 Was Creeppy not Scary for me the older ones were more scary......but i wished resident evil 5 infected humans looked like resident evil 3 movie zombies thos are the ones i luv like in the older re games also and thats what i thought they were gonna surprise us with in re5 was bullet wounds and body parts exploding but ohwell maybe next time