One last HDD question before I buy one

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wv06
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

So I think im getting a 320gb HDD to put in my 60gb ps3

THe only concern I have is Will PSN games copy when i back them up to transfer onto the new drive? I know they have protection on them so you cant copy them to friends, I am afriad this will present me copyn my [bought and paid for] games on PSN. Specifically worried about Warhawk because I still play that and it was 40$.

THanks

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
If you have an external USB drive which is formated FAT32 you can run the PS3s backup utility and copy the contents of your 60 GB drive, when you put the 320 GB in you can restore using the same utility. This will copy all of the contents of your original drive to the new 1. If you don't have an external USB drive you can just re-download your stuff from the PSN store if you can't copy it over using a USB flash drive, etc.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
You can download the game again if there is a problem. Think they all have a 5 download limit or something so no issue. Didn't know there was a proper HDD 320gb for the ps3, but guess I am wrong. How much is the HDD?
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 metal_gear269
Member since 2005 • 590 Posts
All you have to do is get a 2.5" Laptop SATA drive and you can swap them. It's one of the main selling points of the PS3 for me And yeah, just run the backup utility to back up your data to an external drive. It's actually quite simple.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts

All you have to do is get a 2.5" Laptop SATA drive and you can swap them. It's one of the main selling points of the PS3 for me And yeah, just run the backup utility to back up your data to an external drive. It's actually quite simple.metal_gear269

I know, but there hasn't been a 320gb HD 2.5 SATA drive available for very long. After this post I went and looked at it and looks like they came out around November last year or so - cool. I am waiting until they come down in price, but a 320gb or so will be great especially when the "Tivo" option gets launched here (if that ever happens)

wv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wv06
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

[QUOTE="metal_gear269"]All you have to do is get a 2.5" Laptop SATA drive and you can swap them. It's one of the main selling points of the PS3 for me And yeah, just run the backup utility to back up your data to an external drive. It's actually quite simple.svenskamerikan

I know, but there hasn't been a 320gb HD 2.5 SATA drive available for very long. After this post I went and looked at it and looks like they came out around November last year or so - cool. I am waiting until they come down in price, but a 320gb or so will be great especially when the "Tivo" option gets launched here (if that ever happens)

THe one I am looking at.. [and i got the idea off of a ealier thread] is LINK