Oblivion or Demon Souls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pau1R_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Pau1R_
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

im goin to buy one of them 2moro was just wondering wot people think is the best?

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

Well Demon Souls is harder but probably offers more pleasure in terms of wanting to keep playing. Oblivion is cheaper and has more things to do. It all depends on what you want. Do you want a challenging RPG that will keep you going back for more. Or do you want an RPG that has its boring and repetitive moments but is still very solid and seems like it never ends? Next time post this in the recommendation thread.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts
Demon's Souls for me no contest
MrFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MrFanboy
Member since 2010 • 397 Posts
For me Morrowind :P I am sorry, but i had to. Since it is my favorite RPG.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
On PS3 get Demon's Souls. Absolutely. If you want to play Oblivion get it on PC.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Oblivion has more to do but it's like an RPG on training wheels. Demon's Souls punishes you for failure unlike so many other games and has a way more satisfying & deeper combat system. They're both very different really, I'd go for DS.
Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

Without a doubt, 100% Demon's Souls. I just got the game a few days ago, have put in over 14 hours, and have only completed maybe a fraction of the game. It's definitely hard, but i just can't stop playing it. It's very fun and addictive.

solidwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8 solidwarrior2
Member since 2008 • 256 Posts

here is a piece of advice sunny, buy Demon's souls for the PS3 and buy Oblivion for the PC.

darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

Ive only played Oblivion, looooots of things to do in the game, the huge world aspect of it though is bittersweet as you spend a lot of time running around long distances to things. Demon's Souls I have heard nothing but praise for, other than the challenge from ppl who dont like a challenge lol. Get both if you can afford and/or cantdecide Oblivion GOTY like what 30 bux or 20 for PC?

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts
They're both great but Oblivion is in a league of its own. It's deeper, more addictive, and just more fun. Oblivion also, IMO, has way more hours of enjoyment. Demon's Souls is great but it's hard and plays as more of a dungeon crawler/action game. On a related note, if you buy and enjoy Oblivion you'll definitely enjoy Fallout 3.
Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Oblivion by far. Oblivion is just such an expansive world you never feel limited like you do with Demon's Souls, because DS has a very linear level layout. Oblivion also has the length of the game on it's side, while DS can be completed within a few days, depending on your skill level. You are never truly done with oblivion, because there is always one more cave, castle, ruin, abandoned town, or other such thing for you to stumble upon. DS is a fantastic game don't get me wrong, but Oblivion is on a pedestal Demon's Souls won't reach.

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
oblivion is a shallow mess. demons souls is deeper, more immersive, and much more satisfying.
Justincor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Justincor
Member since 2008 • 151 Posts

Demon's souls

BG_916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BG_916
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

id get oblivion due to price (20.00) and its a great game. i put 40 plus hours doin damn near only side missions and havent even come close to finishing. its addicting. only downside no trophies which is all i can say bad about it. as far as demon souls i heard its great too and plan on getting it once the price comes down. but oblivion has to much to offer for such a low price.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
DEMONS SOULS. Really best game to come out.
dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts

Oblivion is crap. Boring combat, boring loot, boring quests. The Dialogue is pretty meaningless too.

Demon's Souls is my fourth favourite game I've played, behind Oot, LBP and Golden Sun TLA. It has brilliant combat, decent challenge, and great online. I'm probably a bit nostalgic though, seeing as I finished ages ago (imported).

fun-da-mental

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fun-da-mental
Member since 2002 • 621 Posts
I got bored with oblivion very quick and never finished the game. The game is too dull for me. I am enjoying Demon Souls ever since I bought it 2 months ago.The combat, characters and gameplay mechanics are far better and unique than oblivion. If you like games that are challenging, fun and addicting, Demon Souls is the game for you. If you like story driven RPGs, Oblivion may be the better candidate.
Darks0ldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Darks0ldier
Member since 2004 • 35 Posts

i enjoyed oblivion but my only gripe is that the world leveled up with you witch is kinda lame. Even the weapon drops got better the higher level you were. You never really "worked" for a weapon because you simply had to wait until you reached a certain level and then a monster would drop it. There was also no really special weapons. because the world leveled up with you, you never really feel a sense of getting more powerful besides learning more spells.

3aNkabot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 3aNkabot
Member since 2008 • 620 Posts
Oblivion, the game has many aspects of game play and a nice story with great sub stories : ) .
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Demon's Souls

Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

Oblivion (on PC if you can)

Demon's Souls is incredibly boring. It feels unfinished. There's so little to do. After the third night with it I couldn't stand it anymore. I had no desire to attempt to do anything with it at all. It's so desolate. It has next to no story what so ever. The NPCs are some of the most boring I've ever encountered.

My copy is headed for craigslist. Complete garbage. It's the poster child for an overrated game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Well it's a Hiking simulator or Demon's Souls.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Demon's Souls if you'd rather not fall asleep while playing a game... Oblivion is like a tranquilizer for me. Utterly boring, even when you're engaged in combat. Lot's of stuff to do if you don't mind walking around for 15-20 minutes just to find new destinations, and I suppose it has a deeper story, but Demon's Souls takes the cake in every other aspect. You'd be hard pressed to find a more action packed, rewarding, immersive experience then Demon's Souls.
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts

Demon's Souls is incredibly boring. It feels unfinished. There's so little to do. After the third night with it I couldn't stand it anymore. I had no desire to attempt to do anything with it at all. It's so desolate. It has next to no story what so ever. The NPCs are some of the most boring I've ever encountered.

My copy is headed for craigslist. Complete garbage. It's the poster child for an overrated game.

Rusteater

While I can understand that you didn't like the game, I find it hard to believe that you felt there was little to do. Were you playing the game, or just running around the Nexus?

zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#25 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

I Didnt like Oblivion very much, but i loved Demon's Souls.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#26 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
Demon's Souls. Both of them are solely there for "accomplishment" after all, and DS does it better.
Avatar image for paperdollparade
paperdollparade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 paperdollparade
Member since 2007 • 1915 Posts

I have both and demon's Souls is by far the better game imo. Oblivion has it's place in my collection but It gets old pretty fast and it's nearly impossible to make a decent looking character.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
both are fantastic but i vote demons souls
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points