This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts

So from what I can remember, EA's stranglehold on the NFL market is up at the end of this year, meaning their exclusive contract is up and the NFL license is up in the air. I did some researching and can't find any news on the subject so I assume they didn't sign any sort of extension. I for one have never liked Madden games after playing the 2K football games. Before my fat PS3 died I still played my copy of 2K5 all the time. I also have All-Pro 2K8, but its just not the same without a franchise mode. I loved drafting and doing the combine on 2K5.

So anyone know anything on the matter or read anything in the last little while? All I can find are old, random articles written by nobody blogs making up a bunch of garbage. I'd love to get some actual facts. Especially after reading the most recent Madden review. If 2K were to get the rights come the new year and release a late game after the new year I'd definitely buy it. lol

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

So from what I can remember, EA's stranglehold on the NFL market is up at the end of this year, meaning their exclusive contract is up and the NFL license is up in the air. I did some researching and can't find any news on the subject so I assume they didn't sign any sort of extension. I for one have never liked Madden games after playing the 2K football games. Before my fat PS3 died I still played my copy of 2K5 all the time. I also have All-Pro 2K8, but its just not the same without a franchise mode. I loved drafting and doing the combine on 2K5.

So anyone know anything on the matter or read anything in the last little while? All I can find are old, random articles written by nobody blogs making up a bunch of garbage. I'd love to get some actual facts. Especially after reading the most recent Madden review. If 2K were to get the rights come the new year and release a late game after the new year I'd definitely buy it. lol

Dysantic
For some reason I thought EA extended the exclusivity agreement again with the NFL a long time ago.
Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
Nobody? I guess everyone is a Madden fan then... Or just doesn't care about NFL games. lol
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Nobody? I guess everyone is a Madden fan then... Or just doesn't care about NFL games. lolDysantic
Or nobody knows anything more than what you've already researched.
Cedars65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cedars65
Member since 2012 • 40 Posts

No news is probably bad news if you want a 2K football game. EA will likely re-up the exclusive license at the end of the year.