New PS3 Controller is Amazing!

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

Wow, it looks awesome! I want this badly.

Crysis_Pwns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crysis_Pwns
Member since 2007 • 806 Posts

Haha, might have to get a PS3 now. Seriously, instead of archery imagine sniping ... that would be sick.

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
Did the third person sword combat remind anyone of Demons Souls? imagine Demons Souls with motion control!
jotclem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jotclem
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
This is the first thing I thought of.
xiayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 xiayan
Member since 2007 • 835 Posts

How is it amazing it's nothing but a wii-motion plus.

psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts

xiayan
the amazing part is the "plusi really liked it :D
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts

Looks cool, I just hope that all the games aren't going to be gimmicks like the Natal probably will have.

Out of all the announcements it seems like this is a combination of the Natal and Wiimote.

Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
I'm quite impressed. From a technological point of view it's not as impressive and wow as Natal but I like there tech demos were showing you how it could be used in game.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts
I'm quite impressed. From a technological point of view it's not as impressive and wow as Natal but I like there tech demos were showing you how it could be used in game.Thrice_III
yea...it actually looks like it helps from a gameplay point of view with the 3d tracking...
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BrettB7400

Don't you mean that Wii MotionPlus looks amazing? ...'cause that's exactly what it is. Except that they didn't show any actual *games* with it, just tech demos - and we have no idea what the price, release date, or even if the controller has a name ("Sony's motion controller?"). Yeah, sounds amazing. Also, they need to do some design changes - that orb thing looks downright silly.PoindeJ

The PS3 controller is much more accurate than the wii-remote. You can't move your character forward or backwards o the wii-remote.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="PoindeJ"]Don't you mean that Wii MotionPlus looks amazing? ...'cause that's exactly what it is. Except that they didn't show any actual *games* with it, just tech demos - and we have no idea what the price, release date, or even if the controller has a name ("Sony's motion controller?"). Yeah, sounds amazing. Also, they need to do some design changes - that orb thing looks downright silly.

He said Spring 2010. And yes it looks amazing. Outdid those other peripherils with a perfect combination of both camera tracking and a tangible remote to perform actions you can't pull off just by dancing in front of your TV. This ones FTW.
GaMeR_Willz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GaMeR_Willz
Member since 2008 • 1050 Posts

Indeed it is! I really want that! Looked really, really fun!

Now who needs a Wii? :P

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I thought it looked cooler than anything the wii has... and while the natal does look pretty cool, I don't see myself enjoying that in my tiny bed room where there is no room to dance around like a hooligan :P

cutmaclass1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cutmaclass1
Member since 2004 • 1611 Posts
The tech wasn't as impressive as Natal. It's a controller-tracker, not a body tracker, so that's a bit disappointing. Who needs more ugly controllers lying about the house? However, it's sad that even the lower-tech motion peripheral from the non-Nintendo companies matches if not outdoes the Wii's "higher-end" MotionPlus technology.
4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts

I'm sorry but that motion stuff is garbage. I didnt like it on my Wii and i sure as hell dont think it's necessary on my ps3. Sony really drop the ball on this one. If they really believe they can break into nintendo's niche casual market with this motion controller, then they are sadly mistaken. No Causal gamer is gonna drop the money on a ps3 at it's price tag for motion control when the can get a Wii that has essentially the same function. Its good to see that at least microsoft is trying to innovate as oppose to replicate. Play beyond my @$$, more like play behind.

guynamedyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 guynamedyeah
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts

xiayan

its nothing like wii-motion plus. its beyond wii-motion plus. didnt you watch the demo?

BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BrettB7400

I'm sorry but that motion stuff is garbage. I didnt like it on my Wii and i sure as hell dont think it's necessary on my ps3. Sony really drop the ball on this one. If they really believe they can break into nintendo's niche casual market with this motion controller, then they are sadly mistaken. No Causal gamer is gonna drop the money on a ps3 at it's price tag for motion control when the can get a Wii that has essentially the same function. Its good to see that at least microsoft is trying to innovate as oppose to replicate. Play beyond my @$$, more like play behind.

4NGoods

Only problem is that PS3 has better graphics than the Wii, so win for the PS3. If you wanna play games with crappy graphics, go ahead.

guynamedyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 guynamedyeah

I'm sorry but that motion stuff is garbage. I didnt like it on my Wii and i sure as hell dont think it's necessary on my ps3. Sony really drop the ball on this on. If they really believe they can break into nintendo's niche casual market with this motion controller, then they are sadly mistaken. No Causal gamer is gonna drop the money on a ps3 at it's price tag for motion control when the can get a Wii that has the essentially the same function. Its good to see that at least microsoft is trying to innovate as oppose to replicate. Play beyond my @$$, more like play behind. 4NGoods

uhmmmmmm, all three consoles have motion controls. its a mainstay and means nothing unless utilized. you definitely didnt watch the demo dude, microsoft never showed anything but a hand hitting a ball that worked. it will be nice for basic commands and such, but its no where near the level of depth when comparing what we saw. a controller is necessary with motion controls, which microsoft sadly thinks is not true. there actually is no immersion in a video game without something to connect you to it, its then the same as playing imaginary. sony's is more simple than microsofts tech, more complex than wiis, but has more utilizations for gaming when compared to natal.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

[QUOTE="4NGoods"]I'm sorry but that motion stuff is garbage. I didnt like it on my Wii and i sure as hell dont think it's necessary on my ps3. Sony really drop the ball on this on. If they really believe they can break into nintendo's niche casual market with this motion controller, then they are sadly mistaken. No Causal gamer is gonna drop the money on a ps3 at it's price tag for motion control when the can get a Wii that has the essentially the same function. Its good to see that at least microsoft is trying to innovate as oppose to replicate. Play beyond my @$$, more like play behind. guynamedyeah

uhmmmmmm, all three consoles have motion controls. its a mainstay and means nothing unless utilized. you definitely didnt watch the demo dude, microsoft never showed anything but a hand hitting a ball that worked. it will be nice for basic commands and such, but its no where near the level of depth when comparing what we saw. a controller is necessary with motion controls, which microsoft sadly thinks is not true. there actually is no immersion in a video game without something to connect you to it, its then the same as playing imaginary. sony's is more simple than microsofts tech, more complex than wiis, but has more utilizations for gaming when compared to natal.

exactly. Sony clearly had gameplay on their mind when focusing on this and got exactly what they wanted. Yes, you have nothing to use with natal but you are constricted to a 2d plane (atleast in all the gameplay vids) and have (as the sony guys stated) no buttons to push or anything to trigger a new event...unless u want to keep saying shoot outloud or something. The sony's motion control trumps wii in the use of 3d spacing so you can move around and it is tracked on screen, unlike redsteel 2 where you are just pushing a joystick and swinging randomly. The sony one looks more like you are actually in battle with someone with a sword...much nicer imo. And this is getting way to system warzy...
guynamedyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 guynamedyeah

and also because it uses points, stability within the tech because it connects to the tech of how videogames are made. two controllers mean two points, means full body integration, excellent take on motion controls

oh and the controller was a complete prototype. i like the ball idea, if you knew what you were talking about you would know that games are made using that ball technology.

AtticusFinch88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AtticusFinch88
Member since 2008 • 1388 Posts

the thing looks like a vibrator... with a glowing tip.MkAnthony
I was thinking that when I first saw it lol. I did find it a lot more impressive than MS's Project Natal, they both are very revolutionary (for lack of a better word) but I just don't see gaming without a controller in hand taking off so soon in the future. So If this is the future of gaming I'll be sticking with Sony

guynamedyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 guynamedyeah

[QUOTE="guynamedyeah"]

[QUOTE="4NGoods"]I'm sorry but that motion stuff is garbage. I didnt like it on my Wii and i sure as hell dont think it's necessary on my ps3. Sony really drop the ball on this on. If they really believe they can break into nintendo's niche casual market with this motion controller, then they are sadly mistaken. No Causal gamer is gonna drop the money on a ps3 at it's price tag for motion control when the can get a Wii that has the essentially the same function. Its good to see that at least microsoft is trying to innovate as oppose to replicate. Play beyond my @$$, more like play behind. CosmoKing7717

exactly. Sony clearly had gameplay on their mind when focusing on this and got exactly what they wanted. Yes, you have nothing to use with natal but you are constricted to a 2d plane (atleast in all the gameplay vids) and have (as the sony guys stated) no buttons to push or anything to trigger a new event...unless u want to keep saying shoot outloud or something. The sony's motion control trumps wii in the use of 3d spacing so you can move around and it is tracked on screen, unlike redsteel 2 where you are just pushing a joystick and swinging randomly. The sony one looks more like you are actually in battle with someone with a sword...much nicer imo. And this is getting way to system warzy...

lol, sorry, had to put him in his place with unbiased facts. i like the idea of natal. but sony's motion controls are ridiculous. that said motion controls are cool, but not necessary. hopefully they get some cool games out.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="guynamedyeah"]

[QUOTE="4NGoods"]I'm sorry but that motion stuff is garbage. I didnt like it on my Wii and i sure as hell dont think it's necessary on my ps3. Sony really drop the ball on this on. If they really believe they can break into nintendo's niche casual market with this motion controller, then they are sadly mistaken. No Causal gamer is gonna drop the money on a ps3 at it's price tag for motion control when the can get a Wii that has the essentially the same function. Its good to see that at least microsoft is trying to innovate as oppose to replicate. Play beyond my @$$, more like play behind. CosmoKing7717

Totally agree. You have one motion controller that offers very limited movement even with its upcoming upgrade. It relies on gryros and weights to claim its position in the 3d world. Those gyros and what not can still only detect so much range of motion. On the other hand you have this insane tech that actually scans and detects your body in real time. Its fascinating really, but without a piece of hardware and some buttons in your hand how are you really going to connect to your virtual world? How are you going to jump over chasms in a platformer? How are you going to pull a trigger or run faster or take cover in a FPS? Maybe they got those ideas all worked out, but there are still plenty of commands that should be mapped to a button somewhere because let's face it: YOu can't do a dodge roll or jump a 8' foot chasm in your living room without breaking something or going out of range. I don't see that peripheral getting much core software support. Yet, in the middle, we find Sony's "motion controller." Tangible hardware with buttons for triggering actions beyond out own capabilities. Great camera tracking that allows for a COMPLETE range of motion. See how that guy reached behind his back to grab an arrow? See how he dropped to one knee for a duck shot? Amazing. Sony's technology here definately sits in the middle of the other two, but its the perfect combination of the two that equals a far superior and motion controller. Honestly....... Its FTW.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

Couple of thoughts on this.

1. I want to read a lot of the post from all thePS3 lovers that ripped the heck out of the wii-mote, because all this is a far better version of..... wait for it..... a wii mote. I'm betting that we are going to see a lot of stances changed on motion controls by PS3 fans now. And what was once a gimmick will become a my ******** is bigger than yours arguement.

2. When I watched Natal's demo yesterday one of the first things that came to mind was if it's so good at tracking objects it will only be a short time before periphials are made like the Wii has... ala.. gun periphial, tennis racket... and so on. Which basically seems to put this and the Natal on about the same ground for motion tracking.. whether the facial and voice recognition of the Natal makes a diff. remains to be seen.

3. I will be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of Sony, mostly because I can't stand the smugness of the upper management. That said there was a handful of things in there conferance that really wow'd me. Currently I don't own a PS3, I own the other consoles, but I'll admit right now that if they can deliver and add a small amount to what I saw today I might just have to eat crow and buy a PS3 as well.

4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts

[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="guynamedyeah"]

guynamedyeah

lol, sorry, had to put him in his place with unbiased facts. i like the idea of natal. but sony's motion controls are ridiculous. that said motion controls are cool, but not necessary. hopefully they get some cool games out.

Actually i did watch the demo and if it's your assertion that microsoft never showed anything but a hand hitting a ball then maybe you missed something. Either way my point is microsoft is innovating. They arent reverse engineering something to make it better but taking a new approach to the concept of motion controlling. You claim that you need something to connect you to a game to create a sense of immersion. Maybe so but who said that connection had to be physical? Why cant it be visual?? One thing i will admit to is sony was more focused with the game application aspect of it but which form of motion control that works with gaming better will ultimately be decided by developers and how the employ the tech at there disposal.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#28 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Anyone have pictures of the thing? I could only find like blueprint pictures of it on Gamespot and they weren't very good. I want to see it!

Trinity_Six

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Trinity_Six
Member since 2002 • 2604 Posts

could someone post a link to the video demonstration?

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nephilim83

Anyone have pictures of the thing? I could only find like blueprint pictures of it on Gamespot and they weren't very good. I want to see it!

yokofox33
It looks like a flashlight handle with a glowing orb on the end. Kinda funny looking, but the designer made a point to announce that it was only a development version and not the end product. So, it should look cooler I hope.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

The whole stealing of ideas thing is really starting to not be amusing.

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KurodaMurasaki

yokofox33

Here's a picture of it

Some people really like it. Here's what Gizmodo says:

"It's the best motion control demo that we have ever seen, but it may be arriving a little too late.

The sampling of the motion is 1 to 1, extremely accurate and smooth, very tight, and moving at 60 frames per second.

Like the Wiimote, the new controller is a stick. However, instead of using gyroscopes and electronics, the PlayStation Motion Control is much simpler and elegant—and apparently way more effective than Wii Motion Plus. It uses a technique similar to Hollywood-****motion capture, with the PS Eye camera tracking a purple ball on the stick. There can be two sticks, which also have a trigger for first person shooters. The actual effect on screen is amazing, and it seems to kill the Wii Plus. The only bad news: The Playstation Motion Controllerwill be launched in Spring 2010. It may just be too late."

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Yeah, I really liked the demonstration.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nephilim83

1. I want to read a lot of the post from all thePS3 lovers that ripped the heck out of the wii-mote, because all this is a far better version of..... wait for it..... a wii mote. I'm betting that we are going to see a lot of stances changed on motion controls by PS3 fans now. And what was once a gimmick will become a my ******** is bigger than yours arguement.

2. When I watched Natal's demo yesterday one of the first things that came to mind was if it's so good at tracking objects it will only be a short time before periphials are made like the Wii has... ala.. gun periphial, tennis racket... and so on. Which basically seems to put this and the Natal on about the same ground for motion tracking.. whether the facial and voice recognition of the Natal makes a diff. remains to be seen.

3. I will be the first to admit that I'm not a fan of Sony, mostly because I can't stand the smugness of the upper management. That said there was a handful of things in there conferance that really wow'd me. Currently I don't own a PS3, I own the other consoles, but I'll admit right now that if they can deliver and add a small amount to what I saw today I might just have to eat crow and buy a PS3 as well.

rgsniper1
Well, if you really want to get down to companies ripping designs let me be the first to remind you that SOny came out with the EyeToy and its motion functions in the PS2 era. LONG before the other two did anything with it. Even the EyeToy pet was shown a year ago, and that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that Molyneoux talking to that goofball on TV. Also, I was really excited for the Wii-mote and its possibilities, but it was an epic fail. Its range of motion is extremely limited and it also got poor software support for the most part. It works on gyros and accelerometers. Its mechanical. Sony's version is much much better with the camera tracking a focal point on the controller. They're of completely different nature. Also, that other motion sensing camera will probably most likely include peripherals, but then who'd be ripping who? And they better if they want to make a functional core game (seriously, how will you turn the camera without a button? If you turn your body around you won't be able to see the TV! Its currently limited you to a 2D world.) Anyway, PS3's got it going on this year. I'm excited. Hopefully, you take the plunge and get one yourself. YOu won't be disappointed. ;)
KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 KurodaMurasaki

[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

KurodaMurasaki

Here's a picture of it

Some people really like it. Here's what Gizmodo says:

"It's the best motion control demo that we have ever seen, but it may be arriving a little too late.

The sampling of the motion is 1 to 1, extremely accurate and smooth, very tight, and moving at 60 frames per second.

Like the Wiimote, the new controller is a stick. However, instead of using gyroscopes and electronics, the PlayStation Motion Control is much simpler and elegant—and apparently way more effective than Wii Motion Plus. It uses a technique similar to Hollywood-****motion capture, with the PS Eye camera tracking a purple ball on the stick. There can be two sticks, which also have a trigger for first person shooters. The actual effect on screen is amazing, and it seems to kill the Wii Plus. The only bad news: The Playstation Motion Controllerwill be launched in Spring 2010. It may just be too late."

The pictures not showing... Here's just a link.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/06/sony-e309-keynote-1128-rm-engresi.jpg

analog10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 analog10
Member since 2003 • 377 Posts

Yeah I can't really be bothered jumping all over the place to play games like natal seems to make you do. And as for SONY's new wiimote, meh, maybe it will get used in interesting and imersive ways (hopefully) coz the six axis controller implementation in games thus far has been underwhelming at best.

accesdenied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 accesdenied
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts

amazing from where? it's like the wii. I thought sony was going to do much better by staying away from anything motion sensing. Did you look at how nervous the guy who was talking about the controller was. After microsoft announce the natal it pretty much blew-off the wii and the ps3 in motion -anything. Sony has a great game line up and thats where there going to dominate the up coming year.

Jicsto86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 Jicsto86
Member since 2008 • 154 Posts
The motion controller seemed pretty impressive, speaking from a technical standpoint. However, I feel it's very gimmicky and will not achieve much in the sense of loosening Nintendo's foothold in this area of the market. Just about everyone I know who owns a Wii was interested in its motion-sensing gameplay for about a week, maybe two, but then the gimmick of jumping around the living room pretending to bowl faded away and it now sits idly in the corner collecting dust while we go to a real bowling alley when we wish to play. For me, and for the vast majority of gamers I know, gaming is a relaxing past-time; something we do to unwind and escape, hence we do not want to be jumping around the room or flailing our arms about like an idiot for a few hours in order to play a game. We want to sit down in a nice comfy chair and let our thumbs do the work.
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BrettB7400

amazing from where? it's like the wii. I thought sony was going to do much better by staying away from anything motion sensing. Did you look at how nervous the guy who was talking about the controller was. After microsoft announce the natal it pretty much blew-off the wii and the ps3 in motion -anything. Sony has a great game line up and thats where there going to dominate the up coming year.

accesdenied

Wouldn't you be nervous too if you had to stand and talk in front of that many people? I know I would.

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

[QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

Nephilim83

Well, if you really want to get down to companies ripping designs let me be the first to remind you that SOny came out with the EyeToy and its motion functions in the PS2 era. LONG before the other two did anything with it. Even the EyeToy pet was shown a year ago, and that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that Molyneoux talking to that goofball on TV. Also, I was really excited for the Wii-mote and its possibilities, but it was an epic fail. Its range of motion is extremely limited and it also got poor software support for the most part. It works on gyros and accelerometers. Its mechanical. Sony's version is much much better with the camera tracking a focal point on the controller. They're of completely different nature. Also, that other motion sensing camera will probably most likely include peripherals, but then who'd be ripping who? And they better if they want to make a functional core game (seriously, how will you turn the camera without a button? If you turn your body around you won't be able to see the TV! Its currently limited you to a 2D world.) Anyway, PS3's got it going on this year. I'm excited. Hopefully, you take the plunge and get one yourself. YOu won't be disappointed. ;)

When I said Ripped I meant as in ripping on.. not stealing from. And for the sake of arguement I'll just point out that the PC had a motion controller long long before the PS2 did (PC as in windows as in Microsoft), I know because I still have it. Actually they had video cameras before any console as well.... As for the EyeToy Pet, Dreamcast had there virtual pet seaman before PS2 had one.

My Wii pretty much collects dust as well, so i'm going to have to agree with you there. Considering what you said about if you turn your body how will you be able to see the tv, how will Sonys track if you turned your body? Wouldn't that put your body in between the camera and the controller, and doesn't the controller get tracked by the camera. As for who would at that point be ripping off who, well if you have to go there I would comment that since I'm a nobody and I thought of it after seeing Natal for less than 5 minutes, i'm honestly going to have to assume that Microsoft has considered this a long time ago...Unless i'm really the genious I think I am. Again, both Sony and Microsofts ideas are very interesting and both are on to something which could prove to be very cool. As for getting a PS3, like I said in the last few years I have become anti Sony (for a far different reason than most here, I'm not a fanboy who has to like one or the other), but some of the stuff I saw in there conferance is edging me closer to getting one because it was pretty cool.

edit.. Just went to IGN and they have an article were MS talks about the same thing I mentioned above... IE.. using the camera with controls. So yeah, I guess MS wouldn't be ripping off Sony after all as it's already in there cards to do so.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Only problem is that PS3 has better graphics than the Wii, so win for the PS3. If you wanna play games with crappy graphics, go ahead.

BrettB7400

To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with Dreamcast graphics. Graphical power wasn't one of my top reasons for buying a PS3.

Anyways, I see this new controller as being basically irrelevant (and have similar feeling towards Wiimotion+). At least for this console generation. Remember the original EyeToy for the PS2? It promised motion based controls too. Yet hardly any games used it. Why? Because it was only an accessory. What makes the Wiimote special isn't that it's a motion controller, but that it's a motion controller than comes standard with the console.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Looks pretty cool but it really isn't anything new. If they would have had a demo of this a year or even two years ago it would have had much more significance.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

ThePlothole

To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with Dreamcast graphics. Graphical power wasn't one of my top reasons for buying a PS3.

Anyways, I see this new controller as being basically irrelevant (and have similar feeling towards Wiimotion+). At least for this console generation. Remember the original EyeToy for the PS2? It promised motion based controls too. Yet hardly any games used it. Why? Because it was only an accessory. What makes the Wiimote special isn't that it's a motion controller, but that it's a motion controller than comes standard with the console.

You have to admit, even if the Sony Motion Controller is only supported by a few games those will be some great games. HOnestly, I'd be happy just to play a full game based on the sword and archery demo they were playing at the conference.
MadPirateTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MadPirateTom
Member since 2007 • 475 Posts

[QUOTE="PoindeJ"]Don't you mean that Wii MotionPlus looks amazing? ...'cause that's exactly what it is. Except that they didn't show any actual *games* with it, just tech demos - and we have no idea what the price, release date, or even if the controller has a name ("Sony's motion controller?"). Yeah, sounds amazing. Also, they need to do some design changes - that orb thing looks downright silly.BrettB7400

The PS3 controller is much more accurate than the wii-remote. You can't move your character forward or backwards o the wii-remote.

I just wanna step in a say that you can move your character back and forth with the wii remote

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
[QUOTE="BrettB7400"]

Wouldn't you be nervous too if you had to stand and talk in front of that many people? I know I would.

It's his job, not mine. If he can't talk in front of people he should get another one.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#46 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

Yeah, I'm generally against the whole....ripping off of ideas such as this, but it does seem they've taken it to new heights. I so wanted to play that archery game for a minute there... Looked like alot of fun. It'll be interesting to see how this pans out. Hopefully it fairs a bit better then the eyetoy. :shock:

Plasma-Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Plasma-Dog
Member since 2008 • 390 Posts
Ok ya the controller looks sweet,,,,,,but imagine this: the controller that was shown at the press conferance but for gutair hero!
campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

[QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

Nephilim83

Why do people moan about companies ripping off designs. Every single company has ripped off ideas and had ideas ripped off. Sony copies a lot of features for the 360 XMB. MS copies the basic idea for the camera from Sony. You could keep on going on and on.

Now you said this about the 360 camera "seriously, how will you turn the camera without a button?". They could do this using a standard controller. If i was going to make a game using this camera then you dont just have to be jumping around. If you where sitting on a seat with the controller in your hand then the controller would be used for your movement and shooting just like a standard game but the camera could add a over hand through to use your grenades, forward slash with you hand off the controller touse your knife, hand up to your eyes for binoculars, hand flat to pull up your map, same controlls as the burnout demo for driving section.

My point is tha all these gadgets are great if the developers make the use of them.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts
I thought it'd be lame, but I saw the conference and it looks like it has potential, especially the arena part.
jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
Did the third person sword combat remind anyone of Demons Souls? imagine Demons Souls with motion control! Keir21
:O Oblivion springs to mind too wow!