New Little Kings Story came out today!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

Who picked it up? I'm going to pick mine up tomorrow, the original on Wii was one of the best hidden gems this gen, and a better looking, better story, with more features can only be a good thing!

Seriously guys, if this is anything like the Wii game, you're in for a treat! I'll post my impressions when I pick it up :)

IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

I'm interested in this game, but I think I'm going to wait for it to go on sale.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WreckEm711

I'm interested in this game, but I think I'm going to wait for it to go on sale.

IdioticIcarus

I picked LKS for Wii up at about 20-25, it's more than worth full-price for the content, but its a much easier purchase lower lol. I just got my Vita a couple of weeks ago so I don't want to wait! :D

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#4 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
You know, I'd have given this a closer look if it was the 10%-off $35.99 on PSN instead of the retail $39.99 . Call me stingy, but I've only got 37 in my PSN wallet, and all of Sony's, Ubisoft's, and Capcom's games are discounted on PSN. Konami's are actually $35! Publishers! Why do you do this to us digital buyers? Sigh...
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="Granpire"]You know, I'd have given this a closer look if it was the 10%-off $35.99 on PSN instead of the retail $39.99 . Call me stingy, but I've only got 37 in my PSN wallet, and all of Sony's, Ubisoft's, and Capcom's games are discounted on PSN. Konami's are actually $35! Publishers! Why do you do this to us digital buyers? Sigh...

See, this is what I don't get. I save 25% by buying it on PSN, compared to Gamestop. With LBP and Gravity Rush it's more. Even when comparing the prices with internet shops I'm saving quite a lot. The prices in Denmark Are super strange for the Vita compared what I'm used to on the PS3 store
Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

IdioticIcarus
Same here. I'll wait. I played the game on Wii so a little wait won't be so bad. I also heard that the voice overs in the game are pretty bad, any truth in that?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WreckEm711

[QUOTE="IdioticIcarus"]

Kaze_no_Mirai

Same here. I'll wait. I played the game on Wii so a little wait won't be so bad. I also heard that the voice overs in the game are pretty bad, any truth in that?

If the voice overs are the worst audio in the game, I'll consider it an improvement. The sound effects in the original were GRATINGGGG. Like a dog squeaking his toy in your face for hours on end.

A7xhto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 A7xhto
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts

This game reminds me of Pikmen which were pretty fun imo.. is it anything like it?

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

I'm a little peeved that there isn't a retail version...local retailer put a listing up so I thought I had a copy preordered:x

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danish-death

This game reminds me of Pikmen which were pretty fun imo.. is it anything like it?

A7xhto
You also have to manage a city I believe. So pikmin + settlers?
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WreckEm711

A7xhto

The combat is similar to it but the unit manager is much deeper. You can assign jobs and they level up to some extent, they also go about living little lives in their free time.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WreckEm711

I'm a little peeved that there isn't a retail version...local retailer put a listing up so I thought I had a copy preordered:x

Gxgear

Wait, its digital only??? WTF. I don't have enough memory on my card for a game, I want retail :(

Lunarblade0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lunarblade0
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I picked it up last night. I'm roughly 1.5 hours in and so far I'm enjoying it. I like the style of gameplay. It's sort of a mini RTS game.

The voice acting is pretty bad for some of the characters and the combat isn't inovative. I'm essentially throwing my royal guard at monsters for them to attack. I'm not sure if the animation changes during attacks when they level up though. It's easy to grasp the controls so long as you read the instructions throughout the game.

Some of the animation is random haha. I've seen characters shove other characters in the game. I couldn't help but chuckle during those sequences.

I never played the original on the Wii so I have nothing to compare it to. But, I'm sure as I progress through the game it will grow on me.

damann22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 damann22
Member since 2004 • 7655 Posts

I really want to get it but I dont have 40 to drop on it right now. If it was 20-25 i would get it. I will get it eventually but when its on sale.

WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WreckEm711

Apparently the game is only like 645mb, so I have more than enough space on my card for it, picked it up!

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Granpire
I've heard the resolution's pretty low, and overall it's a pretty barebones port. Any thoughts on this?
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 danish-death
I've heard the resolution's pretty low, and overall it's a pretty barebones port. Any thoughts on this?Granpire
Dunno about the resolution, but it's supposed to feature more content. Bosses, princesses and stuff like that.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WreckEm711
I've heard the resolution's pretty low, and overall it's a pretty barebones port. Any thoughts on this?Granpire
Resolution looks good to me, I'll post screens later. As for the port, it seems a lot different than the original so far, I'm enjoying it more
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

Just got it last night, only been playing for about an hour. I like it so far, kinda getting a pikmin vibe from it

Tropicalshower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tropicalshower
Member since 2009 • 10813 Posts
I'm bummed that it's digital only.
IdioticIcarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IdioticIcarus
Member since 2012 • 2167 Posts

I'm bummed that it's digital only.Tropicalshower

You can import a physical version, if you really want a physical copy.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gxgear

Definitely not a port, since it's a continuation of the story from the original. Resolution looks good, but the fonts are tiny for reading.

The thing you should be concerned about is slowdown, which I'm noticing right away shortly after the intro. Happens when too many objects are on screen.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Granpire
Maybe not exactly a port, but the game itself is essentially ported, even if much of the content has been changed up.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gxgear

Maybe not exactly a port, but the game itself is essentially ported, even if much of the content has been changed up.Granpire

LOL what? That's like saying AC: Liberation is a port. Expanding existing franchises to another platform doesn't make it a port.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Granpire
I don't really know to what extent this is true, but I'm under the impression that the game is an "enhanced version" of the original, since this is how most reviews refer to it. I think it's the same engine, gameplay mechanics, and locations, wrapped into a new story. It sounds like the makings of a port to me... It's interesting about Assassin's Creed: Liberation, actually. It's running on a modified version of Assassin's Creed 3's engine, so it might actually qualify as a port (at least the engine might)! :D I guess the definition of a port is a little fuzzy, though. Technically, both games share code with their original games, so they're both ported, to an extent.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gxgear

I don't really know to what extent this is true, but I'm under the impression that the game is an "enhanced version" of the original, since this is how most reviews refer to it. I think it's the same engine, gameplay mechanics, and locations, wrapped into a new story. It sounds like the makings of a port to me... It's interesting about Assassin's Creed: Liberation, actually. It's running on a modified version of Assassin's Creed 3's engine, so it might actually qualify as a port (at least the engine might)! :D I guess the definition of a port is a little fuzzy, though. Technically, both games share code with their original games, so they're both ported, to an extent.Granpire

A port should be near carbon copies to the original, transported to another platform (not including enchancements or additonal content), hence the term port. It's not fuzzy at all.

Port: UMvC3, Rayman, Sound Shapes, MGS, Fifa, Madden, MK, NGS+, Lego, Disgaea, The Show, Dungeon Hunter.

Not port: LBP, Lumines, Hot Shots, Wipeout, Tales from Space, UC, Stardust, Resistance, Dynasty Warriors.

Barebone sequels that's barely improved, thus giving the impression that it's a port: MNR, Katamari, Ridge Racer.

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Granpire
I think you're making up a definition where there isn't one, but I largely agree. What about games like Snake Eater 3D? Or The Twin Snakes? Both games that share much of their code with the originals, but - especially in Twin Snakes' case - change major elements and even the story. They both encroach on remake territory, and have enough improvements and changes to be considered as separate games. By definition, though, porting is just the act of translating code to work on different processor architectures. So any game that shares an engine is, technically speaking, a port, to some degree. At this point, it's just semantics. Gamers use the word "port" in a very different way than it's usually used, and the word tends to have a negative connotation for some reason.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gxgear

It's the way I understood it, transporting implies bridging the compatibility gaps of the systems. I'm just staying away from the technical lingo because I don't know enough of it to explain it like that.

As for MGS 3DS I couldn't tell you, because I have zero knowledge for those games.

If people have used the term in any way then I've described it, then it's probably mis-usage. Story and gameplay has to remain the same, NLKS doesn't qualify for one of those for sure, so that's enough to disqualify it.

foxfacer2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 foxfacer2d2
Member since 2010 • 570 Posts

it is a port