New Kingdom Hearts for the PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Armagadem
Member since 2010 • 132 Posts
Am I the only person that remembers the days when I turned on my PS2 with excitement to team up with Donald and Goofy and fight the heartless and multiple other foes? Am I the only person that loved seeing all of the different Disney created worlds in one game where I could visit them all? Am I the only one that loved the story line of the Kingdom Hearts series where Sora fights through practically everything in his way, even though it looks bleak and impossible at times, and all to save his friends? I know I'm not, and I know there are people out there that also love these amazing games! So why haven't any come for the PS3 instead of the PSP and DS!?
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Guaracy-
Member since 2010 • 653 Posts
Am I the only person that remembers the days when I turned on my PS2 with excitement to team up with Donald and Goofy and fight the heartless and multiple other foes? Am I the only person that loved seeing all of the different Disney created worlds in one game where I could visit them all? Am I the only one that loved the story line of the Kingdom Hearts series where Sora fights through practically everything in his way, even though it looks bleak and impossible at times, and all to save his friends? I know I'm not, and I know there are people out there that also love these amazing games! So why haven't any come for the PS3 instead of the PSP and DS!?Armagadem
Oh man, no you're not. I so want an actual Kingdom Hearts THREE instead of these stupid remakes. Damn, it's a universe I can't get past. Disney and Square is a dream come true. Please, brudda, let's cross finger together so that they make KH3.
Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Armagadem
[QUOTE="Armagadem"]Am I the only person that remembers the days when I turned on my PS2 with excitement to team up with Donald and Goofy and fight the heartless and multiple other foes? Am I the only person that loved seeing all of the different Disney created worlds in one game where I could visit them all? Am I the only one that loved the story line of the Kingdom Hearts series where Sora fights through practically everything in his way, even though it looks bleak and impossible at times, and all to save his friends? I know I'm not, and I know there are people out there that also love these amazing games! So why haven't any come for the PS3 instead of the PSP and DS!?Guaracy-
Oh man, no you're not. I so want an actual Kingdom Hearts THREE instead of these stupid remakes. Damn, it's a universe I can't get past. Disney and Square is a dream come true. Please, brudda, let's cross finger together so that they make KH3.

I would buy that game in a heartbeat! It always kills me when they come out with another Final Fantasy because that same company works on KH. I've seen a few Final Fantasy's come out since KH2. So why can't they make one darn game for the people that prefer KH more!?
Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Guaracy-

Guess we have to settle for "Final Mix ++" and "Remix" and "Birth By Sleep" or whatever stupid surname they come up with.

Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Armagadem

Guess we have to settle for "Final Mix ++" and "Remix" and "Birth By Sleep" or whatever stupid surname they come up with.

Guaracy-
Yea and 358/2 days or whatever that crap is called. I don't get it if they have time to make all this other stuff, why can't they just come out with 1 big game for the PS3? They still have a lot to work with and it's not like KH2 ended the series, they could still put a twist on it and keep going!
Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Armagadem
[QUOTE="Armagadem"][QUOTE="Guaracy-"]

Guaracy-
Yea and 358/2 days or whatever that crap is called. I don't get it if they have time to make all this other stuff, why can't they just come out with 1 big game for the PS3? They still have a lot to work with and it's not like KH2 ended the series, they could still put a twist on it and keep going!

DId you know it's pronounced "Three Five Eight Days over two"? That just screams RETARD

is that seriously how it's supposed to be pronounced?
HallowBastion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 HallowBastion
Member since 2004 • 9906 Posts
Am I the only person that remembers the days when I turned on my PS2 with excitement to team up with Donald and Goofy and fight the heartless and multiple other foes? Am I the only person that loved seeing all of the different Disney created worlds in one game where I could visit them all? Am I the only one that loved the story line of the Kingdom Hearts series where Sora fights through practically everything in his way, even though it looks bleak and impossible at times, and all to save his friends? I know I'm not, and I know there are people out there that also love these amazing games! So why haven't any come for the PS3 instead of the PSP and DS!?Armagadem
Well, the games on the DS and the GBA were amazing games in their own right, and reports on the PSP game says that it is even better than the first two console titles, and might just be one of the top PSP games ever (which I'm sure Sony will love). The new DS game is a remake of a cell phone game, and Nomura wanted to work with the 3DS (so only one actual remake). Plus, all of these games are setting up Kingdom Hearts 3 in the long run. Besides, what's holding up Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't all of the side games, but rather FFvs13, which is still a PS3 exclusive. So, there's your problem. And for the record, in general, 358/2 Days? Weird title, but makes sense in context.
Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Armagadem
[QUOTE="Armagadem"]Am I the only person that remembers the days when I turned on my PS2 with excitement to team up with Donald and Goofy and fight the heartless and multiple other foes? Am I the only person that loved seeing all of the different Disney created worlds in one game where I could visit them all? Am I the only one that loved the story line of the Kingdom Hearts series where Sora fights through practically everything in his way, even though it looks bleak and impossible at times, and all to save his friends? I know I'm not, and I know there are people out there that also love these amazing games! So why haven't any come for the PS3 instead of the PSP and DS!?HallowBastion
Well, the games on the DS and the GBA were amazing games in their own right, and reports on the PSP game says that it is even better than the first two console titles, and might just be one of the top PSP games ever (which I'm sure Sony will love). The new DS game is a remake of a cell phone game, and Nomura wanted to work with the 3DS (so only one actual remake). Plus, all of these games are setting up Kingdom Hearts 3 in the long run. Besides, what's holding up Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't all of the side games, but rather FFvs13, which is still a PS3 exclusive. So, there's your problem. And for the record, in general, 358/2 Days? Weird title, but makes sense in context.

Dude I'm not telling the company how to do their job, I'm just saying why can't they make a game for the PS3? I have a DS but I don't have a PSP. So I can't even play the new game coming out. One of the main reasons I got a PS3 is because I figured a new KH would come out on the PS3 only, but instead they are making a bunch of games for hand helds and the mix for the KH2 game. I'm just upset that so many Final Fantasy Games have come out and they can't bother to make 1 more KH game for the PS3. I'm sure plenty of people would buy the PS3 game if they made one. So it's not the sales aspect that's bothering them. It seems like right now they are just milking it and I hate it when companies do that. Maybe they aren't but it definitely seems like the message I'm receiving.
jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 jnjreams76
Member since 2008 • 770 Posts
I would love a Kingdom Hearts for the ps. It seems inevitable reallly, so i believe it will happen. Will be awesome to see where they can take that franchise with the power of the ps3. But you can't fault the company for putting effort into the Final Fantasy franchise, those are the titles that made SE what they are today.
0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I am completely ready for a KH3 on PS3. I've been waiting for a long time and hope it happens sooner than later. I haven't even played the handheld titles. They just don't appeal to me nearly as much.

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

there was a DS game last year, a DS one coming, and a 3DS one coming. I think SE has moved to other platforms with the series

Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Armagadem
I would love a Kingdom Hearts for the ps. It seems inevitable reallly, so i believe it will happen. Will be awesome to see where they can take that franchise with the power of the ps3. But you can't fault the company for putting effort into the Final Fantasy franchise, those are the titles that made SE what they are today. jnjreams76
I know I'm not faulting them, I just think they could appeal to more gamers if they focused on both franchises. It's sort of like food. Should a production company like Lays make just one flavor or more to appeal to more people and give them what they want.
Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Armagadem

I am completely ready for a KH3 on PS3. I've been waiting for a long time and hope it happens sooner than later. I haven't even played the handheld titles. They just don't appeal to me nearly as much.

0diN_7
That's how I feel about the KH series. it just doesn't seem as exciting on a handheld.
jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jnjreams76
[QUOTE="jnjreams76"]I would love a Kingdom Hearts for the ps. It seems inevitable reallly, so i believe it will happen. Will be awesome to see where they can take that franchise with the power of the ps3. But you can't fault the company for putting effort into the Final Fantasy franchise, those are the titles that made SE what they are today. Armagadem
I know I'm not faulting them, I just think they could appeal to more gamers if they focused on both franchises. It's sort of like food. Should a production company like Lays make just one flavor or more to appeal to more people and give them what they want.

I hear ya, but there's only been one FF entry this current gen. Granted there's going to be 2 more before a KH game appears,but SE has made more than just FF recently. There's also Nier, Star Ocean and Just Cause 2 off the top of my head, probably more. So it's not like FF is their only focus.
Avatar image for gamemaster56789
gamemaster56789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gamemaster56789
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

Kingdom Hearts is the reason i got a PS3! I had never owned a PS2 and I always wanted KH and KH2 so I got a backward compatible PS3. KH3 might be a good 3+ years away because they said they wouldnt make it until FF versus 13 came out. But it should be worth the wait.

Guaracy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Guaracy-

The previous poster reminded me that FFv13 is coming! And gameplay will be similar to KH, 3 cheers and 4 hooraes!! :D

However, I'll still miss Donald Duck and Goofy and all the other Disney characters... I just hope FFv13 captures the gameplay of KH perfectly, which was one of the best hack n slash games I've ever played.

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

I wouldn't underestermate KH: Birth by Sleep, it looks like it's shaping up to be a quality KH game but yes I would like a KH3 on the PS3.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

whenever KH3 is ever announced, i will faint probably into a coma

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Right now they are busy polishing the graphics for Final Fantasy Versus XIII and they have been letting other teams make the handheld games. Three more Kingdom Hearts games are supposed to be released and one of them is Kingdom Hearts 3D (which is not a remake). I really want Kingdom Hearts 3 but they are working on FFvsXIII which is the reason I bought a PS3.

HallowBastion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 HallowBastion
Member since 2004 • 9906 Posts

[QUOTE="HallowBastion"][QUOTE="Armagadem"]Am I the only person that remembers the days when I turned on my PS2 with excitement to team up with Donald and Goofy and fight the heartless and multiple other foes? Am I the only person that loved seeing all of the different Disney created worlds in one game where I could visit them all? Am I the only one that loved the story line of the Kingdom Hearts series where Sora fights through practically everything in his way, even though it looks bleak and impossible at times, and all to save his friends? I know I'm not, and I know there are people out there that also love these amazing games! So why haven't any come for the PS3 instead of the PSP and DS!?Armagadem

Dude I'm not telling the company how to do their job, I'm just saying why can't they make a game for the PS3? I have a DS but I don't have a PSP. So I can't even play the new game coming out. One of the main reasons I got a PS3 is because I figured a new KH would come out on the PS3 only, but instead they are making a bunch of games for hand helds and the mix for the KH2 game. I'm just upset that so many Final Fantasy Games have come out and they can't bother to make 1 more KH game for the PS3. I'm sure plenty of people would buy the PS3 game if they made one. So it's not the sales aspect that's bothering them. It seems like right now they are just milking it and I hate it when companies do that. Maybe they aren't but it definitely seems like the message I'm receiving.

The other games are essentially setting up what is to come. Besides, until last month, I didn't have a PSP either. Because Kingdom Hearts is coming to the PSP, I saved a paycheck and went and got one. Plus, who says they're not developing KH3? Just because nothing's been announced publicallydoes not mean they aren't working on ideas and development.

Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Armagadem

[QUOTE="Armagadem"][QUOTE="HallowBastion"] Well, the games on the DS and the GBA were amazing games in their own right, and reports on the PSP game says that it is even better than the first two console titles, and might just be one of the top PSP games ever (which I'm sure Sony will love). The new DS game is a remake of a cell phone game, and Nomura wanted to work with the 3DS (so only one actual remake). Plus, all of these games are setting up Kingdom Hearts 3 in the long run. Besides, what's holding up Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't all of the side games, but rather FFvs13, which is still a PS3 exclusive. So, there's your problem. And for the record, in general, 358/2 Days? Weird title, but makes sense in context. HallowBastion

The other games are essentially setting up what is to come. Besides, until last month, I didn't have a PSP either. Because Kingdom Hearts is coming to the PSP, I saved a paycheck and went and got one. Plus, who says they're not developing KH3? Just because nothing's been announced publicallydoes not mean they aren't working on ideas and development.

True. Until recently no one really knew what the new zelda game was going to be about and at E3 Nintendo pulled out a whole trailer. So I guess we never know. Heck maybe in 2 years at the next E3 they might announce a new KH game for the PS3.
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts
[QUOTE="Armagadem"]Am I the only person that remembers the days when I turned on my PS2 with excitement to team up with Donald and Goofy and fight the heartless and multiple other foes? Am I the only person that loved seeing all of the different Disney created worlds in one game where I could visit them all? Am I the only one that loved the story line of the Kingdom Hearts series where Sora fights through practically everything in his way, even though it looks bleak and impossible at times, and all to save his friends? I know I'm not, and I know there are people out there that also love these amazing games! So why haven't any come for the PS3 instead of the PSP and DS!?Guaracy-

They aren't remakes...
AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

Get Birth by Sleep,Its the Prequel to #1. And if im correct Nomura said that to understand KH3 you should play Birth by Sleep. You are not the only one who wants KH3.My room is full of Kingdom Hearts posters.Lets hope after versus,KH3 is next with FF13 Graphics :D

????? ????

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
Ugh, I hate that mock-up of KH3 boxart... it's mislead so many people it's not even funny, especially since the teaser video(s) from Kingdom Hearts II were for Birth By Sleep. I'm glad to see that someone else knows that it's Final Fantasy vs. XIII that's holding up KH3... plus, people really need to give the so-called side games a chance. I actually enjoyed Chain of Memories (and its PS2 remake) and 358/2 Days a lot more than KH2 (the lack of Final Mix releases outside of Japan is just wrong). Still, realize that Birth By Sleep is just as much the 3rd "main" game in the series as Metal Gear Solid 3 was. They just decided to give it a subtitle instead of a number.
AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

Ugh, I hate that mock-up of KH3 boxart... it's mislead so many people it's not even funny, especially since the teaser video(s) from Kingdom Hearts II were for Birth By Sleep. I'm glad to see that someone else knows that it's Final Fantasy vs. XIII that's holding up KH3... plus, people really need to give the so-called side games a chance. I actually enjoyed Chain of Memories (and its PS2 remake) and 358/2 Days a lot more than KH2 (the lack of Final Mix releases outside of Japan is just wrong). Still, realize that Birth By Sleep is just as much the 3rd "main" game in the series as Metal Gear Solid 3 was. They just decided to give it a subtitle instead of a number.MAILER_DAEMON

GAHHHHH! How can you say that!I mean i was in a boss battle and i lost all my cards.So i had to use normal attack the whole time.And he would heal everytime.Gah, dont remind me of that horrible 45 Min Battle.Happy that they made a remake of it on PS2.But just to say Birth by Sleep looks like a PS2 Graphical Game.Now imagine KH3 which would be a exclusive!(It better be!!!) With FFv13 Graphics.Nerd CHEER!!

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MAILER_DAEMON

[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]Ugh, I hate that mock-up of KH3 boxart... it's mislead so many people it's not even funny, especially since the teaser video(s) from Kingdom Hearts II were for Birth By Sleep. I'm glad to see that someone else knows that it's Final Fantasy vs. XIII that's holding up KH3... plus, people really need to give the so-called side games a chance. I actually enjoyed Chain of Memories (and its PS2 remake) and 358/2 Days a lot more than KH2 (the lack of Final Mix releases outside of Japan is just wrong). Still, realize that Birth By Sleep is just as much the 3rd "main" game in the series as Metal Gear Solid 3 was. They just decided to give it a subtitle instead of a number.AznKSor

GAHHHHH! How can you say that!I mean i was in a boss battle and i lost all my cards.So i had to use normal attack the whole time.And he would heal everytime.Gah, dont remind me of that horrible 45 Min Battle.Happy that they made a remake of it on PS2.But just to say Birth by Sleep looks like a PS2 Graphical Game.Now imagine KH3 which would be a exclusive!(It better be!!!) With FFv13 Graphics.Nerd CHEER!!

I can't think of any battle from CoM that took me 45 minutes... only bosses I can think of that caused you to lose cards for any length of time were Marluxia w/ Spectre's 2nd form and Zexion, both of which were in the PS2 remake. Without details I'm not really sure what you're talking about, especially since you can't attack at all w/o cards. Honestly though, there's no telling what system KH3 will come out for, or if it's even going to be this generation. I'm not gonna bother geeking out about it, since there are too many unknowns, and they're going to have to prove to me with Birth By Sleep that they learned from the mistakes of KH2 (doing any leveling up meant that the bosses near the end of the game were too easy, battle system should not have been such a button masher, the plot's pacing was disjointed in contrast with KH1, the worlds were made too linear and had no sense of exploration, and they didn't even bother finishing the game, which was made obvious by how much content they added to the Final Mix version, example being a playable fight of Sora vs. Roxas).

dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 3 is one of the most wanted PS3 games. It is in development I know that.

ZIVX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 ZIVX
Member since 2008 • 2981 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 3 is still just a thought and there will be Kingdom Hearts games released in between. But I'm worried that when people play KH3 and see the recap opening scene they will be like WTF? There were three games released after KHII and two more games in development and all of them aren't remakes. Are people going to know who Xion, Ventus, Aqua, or Terra are if they never played the handheld games?

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Kingdom Hearts 3 is one of the most wanted PS3 games. It is in development I know that.

dylan417
How do you know that?
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MAILER_DAEMON

Kingdom Hearts 3 is still just a thought and there will be Kingdom Hearts games released in between. But I'm worried that when people play KH3 and see the recap opening scene they will be like WTF? There were three games released after KHII and two more games in development and all of them aren't remakes. Are people going to know who Xion, Ventus, Aqua, or Terra are if they never played the handheld games?

ZIVX

The only "remake" to date was Chain of Memories' remake on the PS2, so to say that the handheld games are remakes is very short-sighted.

-CoM picks up right where KH left off, with them chasing after Pluto, and explains why Sora was in that pod at the beginning of KH2, and also chronicles Riku's redemption.

-358/2 Days depicts Roxas' year with The Organization (and in the process, the friendship he developed with Axel) and fills in the gap between CoM and KH2, as well as showing what Riku and Mickey were up to (to an extent) and introducing us to Xion.

-Birth By Sleep takes place 10 years before KH... before Sora, Riku, and Kairi wielded Keyblades, there were Ventus, Terra, and Aqua. Before there was Xehanort, there was Master Xehanort.

-Coded (and ReCoded) shows what Mickey and Jiminy were up to after KH2 but before Mickey wrote the letter to the Destiny Islands trio.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

[QUOTE="ZIVX"]

MAILER_DAEMON

The only "remake" to date was Chain of Memories' remake on the PS2, so to say that the handheld games are remakes is very short-sighted.

-CoM picks up right where KH left off, with them chasing after Pluto, and explains why Sora was in that pod at the beginning of KH2, and also chronicles Riku's redemption.

-358/2 Days depicts Roxas' year with The Organization (and in the process, the friendship he developed with Axel) and fills in the gap between CoM and KH2, as well as showing what Riku and Mickey were up to (to an extent) and introducing us to Xion.

-Birth By Sleep takes place 10 years before KH... before Sora, Riku, and Kairi wielded Keyblades, there were Ventus, Terra, and Aqua. Before there was Xehanort, there was Master Xehanort.

-Coded (and ReCoded) shows what Mickey and Jiminy were up to after KH2 but before Mickey wrote the letter to the Destiny Islands trio.

Yep. And I really liked 358/2 days so Birth By Sleep should be even better. I'm actually hoping on some new of Final Fantasy Vs 13 at TGS. That way when the game is finished they can start on KH3. But BBS is already like a 3rd game so i guess it would be KH4 :P
dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts
[QUOTE="Ultrabeatdown55"][QUOTE="dylan417"]

How do you know that?

Well, I don't remember where, but while searching on google, I found an interview with Nomura and he said it will be coming.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#37 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Don't worry guys. . . After Birth by sleep is over I'm sure they will be making KH3 (BTW as soon as they are done FFVersus XIII they will do KH3)
Armagadem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Armagadem
Don't worry guys. . . After Birth by sleep is over I'm sure they will be making KH3 (BTW as soon as they are done FFVersus XIII they will do KH3) Young_Charter
Just out of curiousity, when does FFVersus XIII come out?
jnjreams76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jnjreams76
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]Don't worry guys. . . After Birth by sleep is over I'm sure they will be making KH3 (BTW as soon as they are done FFVersus XIII they will do KH3) Armagadem
Just out of curiousity, when does FFVersus XIII come out?

that is the question I, and many other gamers, would love to know the answer to.