Need help really bad. Got taken.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rizzy2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rizzy2013
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I have never owned a ps3 before. Bought one off ebay and it powers on and says no storage media message. Found out it has no hard drive or bluray. It is a cech2001b. I found that it came with a 250gb drive. So what do I need to do to get it up and running???? The complete bluray is missing. Any help or links to help will help a great deal. Thank you.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#2 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Awww, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayum :o That sucks bro. Well obviously you need a HDD and a blu-ray drive.
rizzy2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rizzy2013
I have a hard drive. How do I find out what bluray??
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kravyn81
I'm not sure. I'm not an expert and don't claim to be. I'm sure someone around here knows and will answer. Just keep checking.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
throw that sh*t away and buy yourself a real ps3 from a store
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kravyn81
throw that sh*t away and buy yourself a real ps3 from a storeNengo_Flow
Or that :lol:
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
This is why I don't buy used electronics. Ever.
Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
This is why I don't buy used electronics. Ever.The-Apostle
Exactly. Unless they are just dirt cheap, used electronics are about the worst gamble you can make with your hard-earned money. I wouldn't buy a used PS3 for more than $50. Even then, I'd expect a 30-day warranty and I'd beat the hell out of it during that period so that it'll either break and I can get my money back or take the abuse and convince me it's built to last.
Exxite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Exxite
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

Now don't quote me on any of this stuff cause I just researched it for 2 seconds. It looks like you can buy a drive here http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Complete-Blu-Ray-Drive-with-KES-400A-KEM-400AAA-Laser-Lens-Sony-PS3-CECHG12-40GB/82388071?gpid=41917244221&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CMWTudWT-7QCFWaCQgodZH8A1g . Then you just need any laptop 2.5" hard drive and you'll be good.

Now the only warning I would give since I've done no research is there must be different bluray drives out there and not all ps3s can probably talk to them. So make sure if you decide to do that the bluray drive will work with your model ps3. Make sure you get the ribbon cable to attach it as well. The ps3 should already have the power cable coming off the psu for the bluray drive.

Or buy a new one.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Report it to ebay, give negative feedback and make sure the seller doesn't do it to others.
AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

You can buy a HDD at any retail shop but the BR drive is going to be a whole other problem. If thats not in the system you may as well just buy anohter PS3

RodWelst777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RodWelst777
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Ebay has their Buyer Protection Program. Have you checked into this?

WHAT DOES EBAY BUYER PROTECTION COVER?

eBay Buyer Protection covers items purchased on eBay with eligiblepayment methodsthat are not received or not as described in the listing. Our internal research shows that a very significant portion of listings on eBay are covered by eBay Buyer Protection. Some purchases aren't covered, such as items eligible for protection under eBay'sBusiness Equipment Purchase Protection, items listed or that should be listed in the Motors (except for Parts and Accessories) and Real Estate categories, and most prohibited or restricted items. Most Business and Industrial categories are covered by eBay Buyer Protection.

Remember, eBay Buyer Protection doesn't cover fraudulent charges or most cases of buyer remorse. Also, items must be purchased on the U.S. eBay.com website to qualify for eBay Buyer Protection coverage, and are covered for 45 days from the date of payment. Purchases made on Half.com and classified listings on eBayclassifieds.com or eBay.com, or items purchased on the eBay Digital Music Center aren't covered. Generally, you must pay for the item in one lump sum to be covered.

Listings that are covered by eBay Buyer Protection display this badge as part of the listing:

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

If they took the Blu ray drive they probably took the Blu Ray control board along with it, as it's attached to the drive. Without that you're out of luck because it's electronically keyed to your system, and without it no replacement drive will work.

I'd just contact Ebay about getting a refund like the guy above me said.

EDIT: You can go over to Youtube and do a search on "Replacing PS3 Blu ray drive" to see what that control board looks like, and see if you've still got it.

BH14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 BH14
Member since 2005 • 1927 Posts

used expensive electronics on ebay is a big nono. was it suppose to have a hard drive? if so, you better file an ebay complaint and make a case about fraud. you will get ur money back. why spend money more money and purchase a new hard drive? it may have other issues especially since the seller fooled u.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

don't buy electronics from e-bay unless the seller has over 100 reviews and all are positive. 0 negatives.

SulIy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SulIy
Member since 2013 • 113 Posts
Liam Neeson will come for you.
Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

About the Harddrive:

FAT32 formated SATA HDD, and it has to be a certain size, can't tell from head but should be easy to google. About Blu Ray Drive, no idea, but as already stated before, getting a new one would be viable option.

rizzy2013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rizzy2013
I filed a complaint and got a refund. Was able to keep the unit. There is no logic board. I ran the numbers (cech 2001b) and learned it came with a 250gb hdd. Can a new drive and logic board be married to the console though?