Naughty Dog vs, Insomniac- Who's the top dog?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
I loved the Crash series when I was kid and was very impressed with Uncharted and Jak & Daxter. As for Insomniac, I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game and RFOM demo didn't wow me. I did play Spyro when I was a kid, but I had more fun with Crash. I will pick up RFOM once it drops to a reasonable price to give it another go. Hopefully, I'll pick up ToD to see what the fuss is about. Naughty Dog is my top dog.
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts
Even though Uncharted Drakes Fortune is a great game, its the only one game developed by Naughty Dog. Insomniac has developed two great games for the ps3 and will have its third by the end of the year with Resistance 2. Insominac gets my vote.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
I loved the Jak games just a bit more than the Ratchet games, so Naughty Dog gets my vote! Oh and dude, every game either of these developers puts out is near flawless. They are the best, so I'd definetly recommend you give some of their later games a go!
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
Do the exact same publishers that made the Jak games make Uncharted? I know theyre both Naughty Dog,,, but was it same staff? I hope not, because i want a new Jak/Uncharted game
bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
Uncharted is my favourite game on ps3 at the mo, but resistance 1 was good and with the improvements they have made to there graphics engine that was seen in R & c, Resistance 2 is sure to be amazing, but until then ND gets my vote
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts
that is a really tough call. Naughty dog made my childhood game crash bandicoot as well as jak & daxter and uncharted, on the other hand there is r &c , the darkness (i believe...) and resistance i have to say it's a draw to me. they are both excellent
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

that is a really tough call. Naughty dog made my childhood game crash bandicoot as well as jak & daxter and uncharted, on the other hand there is r &c , the darkness (i believe...) and resistance i have to say it's a draw to me. they are both excellentswamplord666

I dont know where you're getting your information from but the darkness is made by 2k games and not insominiac.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts
Right now is Insomniac for me. They have made 2 great games for the PS3. Naughty Dog has made 1, but as soon as they release the next Jak and Daxter, I'll be very thrilled with them.
im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts
I loved the Crash series when I was kid and was very impressed with Uncharted and Jak & Daxter. As for Insomniac, I've never played a Ratchet and Clank game and RFOM demo didn't wow me. I did play Spyro when I was a kid, but I had more fun with Crash. I will pick up RFOM once it drops to a reasonable price to give it another go. Hopefully, I'll pick up ToD to see what the fuss is about. Naughty Dog is my top dog.LuckyLy
i hear ya about weak demos, i downloaded the uncharted demo and rfom demo and didnt really like either. i decided to buy them anyway cause im gullible and they were great. oh and insomniac gets my vote. ratchet and resistance were awesome.
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

For me both are on the same level...... Lets just hope they keep doing a great job, and release excellent titles which we can enjoy !!!!

Vojkan80001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 Vojkan80001
Member since 2005 • 3621 Posts

I HATE this question. It seems like it is asked every month.

Since PS1 and early PS2 life cycle, Insomniac has grown a LOT. Now they have around 160 developers, and naughty dog around 75, so that matters a lot.

Second Insomniac is independent studio so they have more creative freedom. Naughty Dog is owned by Sony.

In short now it is unrealistic to expect from NG to deliver as many games as Insomniac. I still think that NG is better when it comes to raw talent. Technologically their games were always better than Insomniacs. Crash vs Spyro, Jak & Daxter vs Ratchet & Clank and now Drake engine vs Ratchet PS3. Now pay attention that i said "TECHNOLOGICALLY", not what games are better.

------------------------------

BTW-there was a rumor that NG had interest to make FPS game, but it seems Sony asked them to focus on Uncharted 2 to establish this IP.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bcab65d395ac
deactivated-5bcab65d395ac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5bcab65d395ac
Member since 2005 • 1197 Posts
im going for naughty dog
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts

ps2 wise they are very close ps3 wise i think it goes to naughty dog at least in my book. uncharted still looks better, at least to me, then the resistence 2 trailer which may or may not be pre-rendered. also Resistance was an ok game but very poor game from insominac standards.

i give credit to insomniac for trying something new, but why did they have to choose the already over-saturated overdone FPS genre. for me insomniacs a great developer whose only really let me down once naughty dog has never let me down which is why i prefer them.

though i wouldn't begrudge anyone who preferred insomniac.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts

[QUOTE="swamplord666"]that is a really tough call. Naughty dog made my childhood game crash bandicoot as well as jak & daxter and uncharted, on the other hand there is r &c , the darkness (i believe...) and resistance i have to say it's a draw to me. they are both excellentBrettB7400

I dont know where you're getting your information from but the darkness is made by 2k games and not insominiac.

i thought it was 2 k and insomniac... well i'm not sure AT ALL and that's why i said "i believe".
abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

Even though Uncharted Drakes Fortune is a great game, its the only one game developed by Naughty Dog. Insomniac has developed two great games for the ps3 and will have its third by the end of the year with Resistance 2. Insominac gets my vote.BrettB7400

Naughty Dog made Crash Bandicoot, Jak and Daxter, and Uncharted, while Insomniac made Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, and Resistance - so they're fairly even in terms of number of games. Had this been the PS2 era, I would've said Naughty Dog, but because of Resistance, the news about R2, and the fact that Insomniac develops one game per year, (it takes Naughty Dog about 1.5 years per game), I'm going to have to go with Insomniac for now. However, when all is said and done on the PS3 era, I might just have to switch back to Naughty Dog because I've heard nothing about Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier or Uncharted 2, so I'm not as hyped for either of those as I am for Resistance 2.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Insomniac for me _but_ it would be pretty close.
fhoeiuwhdousah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fhoeiuwhdousah
Member since 2005 • 783 Posts
Resistence s better then uncharted, resistence 9/10 uncharted 8/10, only issue with resistence is the aiming could be better but that doesnt take long to get used to. Great game online and off.
Narcadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Narcadox
Member since 2006 • 864 Posts
Insomanic for me. I love all their games.
Egghead360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Egghead360
Member since 2008 • 693 Posts
Id say Insomniac easily, RFOM was a great game and RFOM 2 is shaping up REALLY well. Uncharted really wasnt that great, but congratz on the graphics
IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
Both are great had fun with uncharted and rachet and clank.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
Jak & Daxter over Crash for me, so, I'm taking Naughty Dog
BL1NDS1DE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#22 BL1NDS1DE
Member since 2005 • 343 Posts
Insomniac no doubt. Naughty Dog is a great dev as well, but I LOVE ratchet and clank, and Resistance.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

Insomniac FTW ..

Resistance rules all ..

Mudbusket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mudbusket
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

This one's kinda tough to consider, as I have never played either of the Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter series. They simply looked too cartoony for my taste. I'm sure there are great and wonderful experiences I'm missing out on by choosing to not explore these titles, however, I find myself so unquestionably turned off by the prospect of playing them whenever I see a demo or a commercial that I don't foresee ever even giving them a try.

This limits my argument to Uncharted versus Resistance, which is also difficult. We're talking about two games that are quite possibly the best two PS3 releases to date. Resistance being the smooth, sexy FPS launch title that fundamentally served to pique people's interest in the PS3 to begin with and Uncharted serving up a leafy feast for the eyes while showcasing a revamped third-person battle system that is a definite departure from the run-n'-gun tactics of Lara Croft.

All I can really say is that RFOM fits right in with the other 72 FPS games that have been released for the PS3 since its launch. Not a whole lot of character development, but you get to use awesome weapons in ridiculously contrived battle situations.

Uncharted, however, was one of the most unique and well-rounded gaming experiences I've had on a console in a good while. The story is rich and unpredictable, the gameplay is wonderfully varied, and the graphics are some of the best I've seen on any system.

Regardless of how good Resistance 2 looks right now, I'm gonna have to go with Naughty Dog on this one. As long as they don't beat the series to death with 14 other sequels (a la Tomb Raider) then we have a definite winner on our hands.

Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
They're both great.
Pinman_DS9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pinman_DS9
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts
My vote goes to Insomniac by a narrow margin. I've just started playing Uncharted and I really like it (I can't update my tag for some reason). They are both very good at what they do
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts

For me both are on the same level...... Lets just hope they keep doing a great job, and release excellent titles which we can enjoy !!!!

Malta_1980
yeah as long as they produce quality ps3 games i will be happy.
Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts
That's a tough one. Insomniac for me.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
All I gotta say is... Resistance 2 ;)
Dasacant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dasacant
Member since 2005 • 1415 Posts
I'm gonna to go with Naughty Dog. the Jak series was one of my favorite series on the ps2 and Uncharted didn't disappoint either.
Avatar image for deactivated-58405e092ba2c
deactivated-58405e092ba2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#31 deactivated-58405e092ba2c
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts
They are both great. Naughty Dog gets my vote because of Jak and Daxter and Uncharted
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
Overall I would give it to Insomniac, but for me it's Naughty Dog because I like Uncharted more than anything that Insomniac has ever done in recent memory.
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

Uncharted was my first Naughty Dog game since Crash Bandicoot 1-3, and all of those have been excellent.

However, I have a soft spot for Ratchet & Clank so I'm gonna go with Insomniac since Resistance was very good and the sequel looks like it's gonna be incredible.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
I voted for Naughty Dog. I liked Crash better than Spyro, Jak more than Ratchet and Uncharted more than Resistance. Insomniac's games have always been good, but Naughty Dog win out by a narrow margin.