My ps4 Pre-Order supposedly delayed :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jorbit
Member since 2011 • 51 Posts

So some friends of mine pre-ordered a ps4 for me as a gift about 3 or 4 months ago. When I went to pick it up at walmart on Friday they ran into some trouble finding it. After an hour of them looking through the computer and the warehouse a manager finally came out and told me a shipment had been delayed and mine was part of that shipment. Anyone else think they sold my pre-order on accident and had to come up with a story?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Depends when they preordered it

If they went in for the second set of preorders your console wont be there until the second shipment

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Jorbit

I think it was done in August. They took my phone number and said that the manager was going to call me within a couple of days so I'm wondering if it actually was a mistake. I don't see a reason why the manager would need to call if it was part of a second shipment. I'm hoping I get some free stuff out of this.

donpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By donpimp
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Of course they sold your pre-order. Think about it if they sold even ONE to anyone without a pre-order on Friday, that was yours. I feel your pain man, not "such a perfect day" yet.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Jorbit said:

I think it was done in August. They took my phone number and said that the manager was going to call me within a couple of days so I'm wondering if it actually was a mistake. I don't see a reason why the manager would need to call if it was part of a second shipment. I'm hoping I get some free stuff out of this.

So you could be on the third section of preorders

Walmart took preorders the second the console went live, then those sold out, then a second set were put in place and those sold out, then a third set.

If it was done in August there's no way it would be there launch day, but maybe you'll be on the second set

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I didn't even pre-order a PS4 and mine comes in tomorrow, weird.

Jorbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jorbit

So just an update for what's going on. I called today because the manager didn't call me like they said they were going to. I spoke to someone and explained what was going on and they said they were going to check on it and get back to me in a few minutes, to no surprise they didn't. I called back two hours later after no phone call and spoke to someone else about the situation who were very helpful. Basically he said that everything they told me sounds fishy and he looked it up and said they oversold it and that he doesn't know why they told me that story. It looks like I will be raising some hell at Walmart tomorrow.