My ps3 has a clear line across tha screen!!!??????????is it messed up??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

u_poop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 u_poop
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

ok well i bought the game oblivian and i saw faint clear lines across the screen and it is realy bothering me.

then i was playing guitar h 3 and i saw it in the middle

is it screwed up, i hav an hd tv 1080p sony brand and it is a brovia, and the tv is brand new

i hav not seen the lines on any other of my games...but is it just a quoencedence that it is on guitar h and oblivian???

i realy dont care if it is one just those two but i dont want it to be srcewed up and i do not hav a warrenty and i am useing hdmi wihich i hav un pluged and blew on it and put it in again and nothing seems to happen

gamefreak5590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gamefreak5590
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts
maybe you should try your ps3 with those games on another tv...and see what happens
WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
Could be a faulty cable or your New TV has banding or something.
I don't think its a problem with the PS3. But maybe.
d14m23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 d14m23
Member since 2005 • 491 Posts
When the PS3 first came out a lot of people had this problem (if it's the same problem I am thinking of). It had to do with double grounding and interference.The way to get rid of it is to take the ground on the PS3 plug out of the equation. You can use a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

When the PS3 first came out a lot of people had this problem (if it's the same problem I am thinking of). It had to do with double grounding and interference.The way to get rid of it is to take the ground on the PS3 plug out of the equation. You can use a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter.d14m23

I dont recall hearing anything about these problems, I wouldnt mind seeing a picture of the issue, but, I think your safest bet would be to call Sony.

CeeCee0203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CeeCee0203
Member since 2006 • 461 Posts

ok well i bought the game oblivian and i saw faint clear lines across the screen and it is realy bothering me.

then i was playing guitar h 3 and i saw it in the middle

is it screwed up, i hav an hd tv 1080p sony brand and it is a brovia, and the tv is brand new

i hav not seen the lines on any other of my games...but is it just a quoencedence that it is on guitar h and oblivian???

i realy dont care if it is one just those two but i dont want it to be srcewed up and i do not hav a warrenty and i am useing hdmi wihich i hav un pluged and blew on it and put it in again and nothing seems to happen

u_poop

??? i thought when you buy the ps3 you automatically get a 1 yr warranty?? i know that was the case with mine

d14m23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 d14m23

[QUOTE="d14m23"]When the PS3 first came out a lot of people had this problem (if it's the same problem I am thinking of). It had to do with double grounding and interference.The way to get rid of it is to take the ground on the PS3 plug out of the equation. You can use a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter.jwat4

I dont recall hearing anything about these problems, I wouldnt mind seeing a picture of the issue, but, I think your safest bet would be to call Sony.

It's not a problem with the PS3. Interference happens to all electronic equipment when there is a ground loop. I am not saying to modify the PS3 just use an adapter on the PS3's electrical plug. That's what I did to get rid of the lines going through the screen.

burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 burner0921
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
Yeah it sounds like the double ground guy is right. If you have cable, disconnect it and then see if you still have the lines. If the lines disappear then it's the interference problem.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts
[QUOTE="jwat4"]

[QUOTE="d14m23"]When the PS3 first came out a lot of people had this problem (if it's the same problem I am thinking of). It had to do with double grounding and interference.The way to get rid of it is to take the ground on the PS3 plug out of the equation. You can use a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter.d14m23

It's not a problem with the PS3. Interference happens to all electronic equipment when there is a ground loop. I am not saying to modify the PS3 just use an adapter on the PS3's electrical plug. That's what I did to get rid of the lines going through the screen.

Conceptually I understand the issue your talking about. What I said was I dont recall hearing about this during the launch of the console.

You stated that this was common problem when the PS3 launched. I dont recall that being an issue.

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
I think I heard about it, but was probably very minor.
d14m23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 d14m23
[QUOTE="d14m23"][QUOTE="jwat4"]

[QUOTE="d14m23"]When the PS3 first came out a lot of people had this problem (if it's the same problem I am thinking of). It had to do with double grounding and interference.The way to get rid of it is to take the ground on the PS3 plug out of the equation. You can use a 3-prong to 2-prong adapter.jwat4

Conceptually I understand the issue your talking about. What I said was I dont recall hearing about this during the launch of the console.

You stated that this was common problem when the PS3 launched. I dont recall that being an issue.

Maybe it just seemed like a lot to me since I had the problem myself. But it was on this forum and the forum on the playstation site.