my COD4 rank keeps getting reset someone help?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zm330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zm330
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

my COD4 online rank keeps gettin reset, ill be like level 8 or 7 and then it will say dowloading game settings then it come back on and id be like level 5 or 6 .

someone help

MfumeRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MfumeRising
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
Sheeeet...I've played three times...ranked to 6, 9, and the just 3 for a test...each time I backed out of the online menu I was reset to rank 1!
shane932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 shane932
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
try having your rank reset from 43 to 7, thats my situation. Its a known issue, infinity ward are working on a patch but theres currently no eta on it. So all you can do really is either play, and undoubtedly have you rank constantly reset, or just play something else till they patch it, cos its not fun losing nearly 3 days playtime :(
Bloodcore77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Bloodcore77
Member since 2007 • 332 Posts
Actually, this has only been happening for about two days so far. It was perfectly fine before but there is a problem now. Any ranks you gain, challenge you complete, and kills and deaths you get will not be recorded. It sucks. I did so well on Friday and it didn't record my stats. I was getting games where I went 39 kills and 1 death or 56 kills and 6 deaths. I was on fire that day. I did this well for a couple of hours. I went from a 2.09 K/D to like a 2.55 K/D and it didn't register. I was so ultra disappointed. And my friend had a 45 kill streak that day. The kill streak stayed on the leaderboard but on his stats page, it didn't stay. Hope it does cause it would really suck for him if it didn't. Really hope they fix this.
shane932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shane932
the problems been around since the games release, check the infinity ward forums for the latest info on the patch for the ps3, theres also some temporary solutions to get your ranks back etc, but unfortunately what worked last week doesnt work now, so my rank is lost, many people are having the same issues, so just wait for the patch and you'll be fine, hopefully you will get your rank back, but im pretty sure mine wont return
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

Ok people this issues should not need to be dealt with in a patch. It's simply an issue with the data not saving to the database. This could have happened when they were testing something for that patch and accidently shut something down, or maybe their database was just overloaded with data and won't accept any more. If the latter is the case, then I'm sure they are working to get either another server or a larger server to hold all of the data but remember they need to transfer all of the old data as well as the database structure to the new one.

For now, do what I've been doing. Try things in games you normally wouldn't but might be fun, since you don't have to worry about your kdr going up or down. For instance, I spent one round trying to take down a chopper with my Desert Eagle. haha

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Rick_14

the problems been around since the games release, check the infinity ward forums for the latest info on the patch for the ps3, theres also some temporary solutions to get your ranks back etc, but unfortunately what worked last week doesnt work now, so my rank is lost, many people are having the same issues, so just wait for the patch and you'll be fine, hopefully you will get your rank back, but im pretty sure mine wont returnshane932

The rank problem started 2 days ago. Not since the games release. Those were different issues that are being addressed in the patch.

shane932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shane932
so before the data was recorded but it was just difficult retrieving it, now its just not being recorded at all? so the problems getting worse? pretty stupid this is happening, i hope IW pull there finger out, cos its just ruining the multiplayer
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Ok people this issues should not need to be dealt with in a patch. It's simply an issue with the data not saving to the database. This could have happened when they were testing something for that patch and accidently shut something down, or maybe their database was just overloaded with data and won't accept any more. If the latter is the case, then I'm sure they are working to get either another server or a larger server to hold all of the data but remember they need to transfer all of the old data as well as the database structure to the new one.

For now, do what I've been doing. Try things in games you normally wouldn't but might be fun, since you don't have to worry about your kdr going up or down. For instance, I spent one round trying to take down a chopper with my Desert Eagle. haha

The_Rick_14

You answered everything. Now lets hope for a patch ASAP.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Rick_14

so before the data was recorded but it was just difficult retrieving it, now its just not being recorded at all? so the problems getting worse? pretty stupid this is happening, i hope IW pull there finger out, cos its just ruining the multiplayershane932

There was never an issue with the data being recorded or received before so I don't know what you were referring to. This has nothing to do with the Downloading Game Settings.. issue. It's completely separate. So no the problems are not getting worse.

Also, while I agree that this stuff shouldn't happen, it's people like you who make things worse. Sometimes in order to fix a problem, you actually create a new one but in the long run its for the best. Please look further than 2 seconds into your future and also realize that its just a game.

MarkTaylor32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarkTaylor32
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Try this on for size. i play cod4 on ps3 and i was level 55 prestige 10 with 70,000 kills. i had played for 25 days and now i am level 1 prestige 1 with 0 kills and 0 nothing. it is rubbish.
POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

HAHA wow that sucks i do not know what i would do if that happened to me i am also at prestige 10 lvl 55