MUST READ: 2 theories concerning Big Boss' logo!(SPOILERS WARNING)

• 79 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

Hey guys, I'm back and now with theories and analysis that might make some sense. Notice, the following theories and assumptions were written by experts and were carefully written to make them fit in the environments and the world of the Metal Gear saga, my friend and I made sure to make it things as true as possible. Our theories might turn out to be true because we have put alot of thoughts into them.

I will be discussing 2 subjects related to one logo, the logo on the old man's hat in the latest teaser site.

The map and the Pangaea:

Remember what Kojima first mentioned in the Famitsu interview??? He said something about the logo of a map on the "Old Man's" cap and that was very important to the storyline and I haven't seen anyone talking about it so I'm going to throw something that might make things clearer:

That map on the Old Man's cap is the Pangaea Map. It's when all of the continents on earth were "1" and the world was born like this if I'm correct. Have a look at it:

The one of the Old Man:

And the real deal:

You can see the names of all continents up there and that's how the world was born. "The world was born from "Zero" - Big Boss

Remember what Big Boss said in MGS4? "Everything has its beginning but it doesn't start at 1, it starts long before that, in chaos. The world is born from Zero" He was referring to the NEW WORLD ORDER, where there is one world all together, 1 world government and 1 world army, thus the formation of The Patriots. The map on his cap has the world all together and it is starting from Zero because this is how the world on earth started.

My theory to this logo on his head is the following:

That person in this picture is indeed Big Boss and Kojima can kiss my ass if he tries to say otherwise like he did in the Famitsu interview. Remember, Kojima also mentioned that the next Metal Gear game will have different time periods right? So at that time Big Boss with that uniform was AFTER he left The Patriots. Big Boss went through another road, opposing Zero's actions, so he formed his NEW WORLD ORDER, and his vision of the world being 1 again. Apparently he is the leader of that organization that has the motto "Militaires sans Frontiere". Later I will explain why it's written in french. For now, let's all agree that this logo means what I said above. In short and the conclusion of all this is that Big Boss after he left The Patriots formed his own "New World Order" through an organization that has a french motto "Militaires Sans Frontieres" which means "Military without Borders" and that logo on his cap means the world is 1 again.

"Militaires sans Frontieres" - Everything you need to know

After Big Boss broke off from The Patriots he decided to oppose them. In doing so, he needed to go underground and form his own army to confront The Patriots. He envisioned his own world government, world army and one world law, he wanted to form his own "New World Order" to fix what went wrong with Zero's intentions. He left America to reside in Africa. There exist many reasons to why he chose Africa in order to prepare for his "resurrection". One of the main reasons is that Africa is a land of opportunaties, and recruiting men to fight his wars and cause was cheap and affordable. Another reason was simply to hide his identity and his whereabouts from The Patriots' "eyes" and Africa provided him a safe haven. Now that is the background story. As far as to why the motto is written in french is because Africa was colonized by the europeans(France, UK, Germany etc...) and the influence of these countries is persistent to date. Back in MGS1, Naomi Hunter revealed that she was picked up by Frank Jaeger and "him", who is actually Big Boss, in Mozambique which is a "french" colony. Big Boss spent a great deal of time managing his plan in Africa. Proof to that, the events of Outer Heaven(Metal Gear) was in South Africa. Now why choose the french language to describe his motto? Big Boss decided to use the french language not only because he was surrounded by a french environment but also because he wanted to set himself apart from America's language(english) which reminded him of The Patriots. In that process, "he bought" himself this new identity that describes his organization. Now what does the motto mean? Of course "Militaires sans Frontieres" means "Military without Borders" in english. However there is a reason why Big Boss chose those words nad that is he believed that anyone could become a soldier, a soldier not necessarily in arms, but at least a soldier that fights for his own causes and for the right ones. Fighting for a cause has no borders. He trusted that fighting for your causes could be achieved through military power. FYI, there exist in our world, in the world we live in, an army in the middle east that actually uses that same motto but however their cause is quite different from what I have described previously concerning Big Boss' cause.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Well thought and stated. Big Boss' life interests me game wise much more than Raiden's. I look forward to some more adventures in his shoes, regardless of PSP, or PS3.
HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts
LUL @ Pangea
BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

You're looking way too deep into this. It could just be a logo and have nothing to do with your theory. But I could be wrong also too. You never know what is going on in Kojima's head. All I care about is a great game to play.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

That map on the Old Man's cap is the Pangaea Map. It's when all of the continents on earth were "1" and the world was born like this if I'm correct.

THQ88

Yeah.

All the continents were joined at one point and over time have moved further apart due to tectonic shifting.

At this rate, we'll be part of China in the next.... 38724732478324780 years.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

That map on the Old Man's cap is the Pangaea Map. It's when all of the continents on earth were "1" and the world was born like this if I'm correct.

Scianix-Black

Yeah.

All the continents were joined at one point and over time have moved further apart due to tectonic shifting.

At this rate, we'll be part of China in the next.... 38724732478324780 years.

Good accuracy ^ lol

Anyway H, I like the theory you came up with, but there are still some things not clear about the logo. For instance, why is there a skull there?

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Scianix-Black

Skulls make everything look cooler? lol, That's what I think..

lukas1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lukas1051
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

Lulwut.

Joker1232003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Joker1232003
Member since 2003 • 1567 Posts
Im love Konami for screwing with peoples mind Cant wait for him the Laugh and Announce Frogger 3D at E3 rofl
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Heres my theory, hes in the military so there's a skull. He kills peoplez. Soldiers without borders. Pangaea has no borders so it was a good logo to put in. case closed.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
cool, a social studies lesson!
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

wow you could be write there nice theroy man Kojima is DRIVING me crazy i want E3 to come NOW!!!

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 THQ88

Scianix-Black
exactly what I thought. Has no meaning whatsoever.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

MGS fans are honestly the most dedicated fans possible...

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Scianix-Black

G-Legend

lol, No joke.

lukas1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lukas1051
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts

G-Legend
You don't say. I don't see why they can't just wait a few days till E3 rather than stay up all night trying to decode what is probably a bunch of red herrings.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

[QUOTE="G-Legend"]

lukas1051

You don't say. I don't see why they can't just wait a few days till E3 rather than stay up all night trying to decode what is probably a bunch of red herrings.

:lol: thats probably what he did to, just to provide us with all this info

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

1st - "That person in this picture is indeed Big Boss andKojima can kiss my ass if he tries to say otherwise like he did in the Famitsu interview." You would like that wouldn't you :P

2nd - I am sorry but, Mozambique was a Portuguese Colony and they speak Portuguese, not french, not German not English, but Portuguese. Hell, aside from Portuguese all they have is local dialects. And France, UK, Germany could only wish they had some much influence in Africa like Portugal did. From 1500 to mid 1800's Portugal ruled the freaking planet. Only when in 1890 when the UK imposed their Ultimatum (which consisted in basically bombing the crap out of us if we didn't give them the land between Angola and Mozambique). If anything the "Militaires sans Frontiere" should be "MilitaressemFronteiras". Mozambique only got independence from Portugal in 1975.

I am not making this up. Doubt me? Do your own research and you can confirm this.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

THQ88

exactly what I thought. Has no meaning whatsoever.

How can you be sure? I'm curious

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Appreciate your effort TC, but according to your theory, the world was never in a state of 'one nation one army'. If by that logic then this game should start before the world wars, where the prologue of MGS3 says 'after world war 2 the world was split into 2, east and west, marking a period known as the cold war'. Everything should have sprung to life before then, explaining the origins of the patriots.

Erik729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Erik729
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

The Pangaea theory seems right, and it makes sense; one nation in the world, kind of like Big Boss's ideas of unifying soldiers and all. As for the whole french thing, and other social segments of the theory, you're kind of stretching things out a bit. Remember Les Enfants Terribles? That was the cloning project that made Snake and Liquid. Why is that in French? I never knew, I'm sure if you look into that you might find something.

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Yes we are ;)

G-Legend

MJPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 MJPK
Member since 2006 • 3360 Posts

Scianix-Black

Skulls are sometimes use as sign of death or rebirth of a person.

vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts

man your thoughts are deep...

CombatHigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CombatHigh
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts

Hey man, i appreciate your work decoding this mystery, it makes perfect sense, excellent job!

santi12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 santi12345
Member since 2006 • 221 Posts

1st - "That person in this picture is indeed Big Boss andKojima can kiss my ass if he tries to say otherwise like he did in the Famitsu interview." You would like that wouldn't you :P

2nd - I am sorry but, Mozambique was a Portuguese Colony and they speak Portuguese, not french, not German not English, but Portuguese. Hell, aside from Portuguese all they have is local dialects. And France, UK, Germany could only wish they had some much influence in Africa like Portugal did. From 1500 to mid 1800's Portugal ruled the freaking planet. Only when in 1890 when the UK imposed their Ultimatum (which consisted in basically bombing the crap out of us if we didn't give them the land between Angola and Mozambique). If anything the "Militaires sans Frontiere" should be "MilitaressemFronteiras". Mozambique only got independence from Portugal in 1975.

I am not making this up. Doubt me? Do your own research and you can confirm this.

rogerjak
lol, r we in history class buddy or what? relaax mate! Have a joint whatsoever :D About ur theory, looks trustfull, however I stopped doing research for the teaser coz it makes no sense, Kojima wants ppl to see how cool he is n all that. Remember Hideo: Its just a fckng videogame, is not that u r creating the antichrist XD!
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts

G-Legend
Yes we are. ;) I'm so dedicated in fact that I can't wait to get this game even if it was just revealed for the PSP Go. Which is fine by me. It just means I'll be back in MGS action sooner than I thought! Woot!!!
Avatar image for Dragonspear2462
Dragonspear2462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dragonspear2462
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts

Lol....you went deep..I'm gonna laughtwhen Kojima is gonna explain us the logo and it's an "random" logo he chose for no reason...(Even he said it was important....

Well.....lets ssee what happens in E3 =X

Solid_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Solid_Cobra
Member since 2006 • 757 Posts

It looks sort of like a cross between the Octopus logo and Outer Haven logo. Remember how the Skull in the Act 2 loading screen was all cracked and looked sort of like a map. Like the Outer Heaven logo the skull is at an angle, and looks like it may have an eye patch over the right eye socket.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rogerjak

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]

santi12345

lol, r we in history ****buddy or what? relaax mate! Have a joint whatsoever :D About ur theory, looks trustfull, however I stopped doing research for the teaser coz it makes no sense, Kojima wants ppl to see how cool he is n all that. Remember Hideo: Its just a fckng videogame, is not that u r creating the antichrist XD!

Just because I know the history of my country doesn't mean I am a nerd.

Joints are for sissies...bong ftw!

RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

i figured it out if you think about the theroy and look at the picture its bigg boss and grey wolf look

RadTad62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RadTad62
Member since 2003 • 667 Posts

grey fox i mean

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rogerjak

What if....what if it's a remake of the SNES games?

noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts

You're looking way too deep into this. It could just be a logo and have nothing to do with your theory. But I could be wrong also too. You never know what is going on in Kojima's head. All I care about is a great game to play.

BrettB7400

no. mgs unverse is deep. very deep story. his theory has a very big possability of bein true

noble_aryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 noble_aryan
Member since 2009 • 722 Posts

the people who keep saying that he went too deep into this, and that the logo can be just another random logo really don't know the MGS series or Kojima at all. the MGS universe has a very DEEP story. you need to pay attention to the series, kojima would never choose a random logo. that logo is very importiant. i dont doubt your theory at all, in fact its the best theory i ever heard of this matter. Big Boss is my idle and if we can play as him agian tears of joy will be shed at E3

Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts

Scianix-Black
The TRUTH
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

rogerjak
NES games, anyway I don't know about all this, people might be reading too much into these things. But doesn't the current countdown end tomorrow, you guys better hope the new countdown isn't less than 24 hours, i.e. ending on Monday.
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

NES games, anyway I don't know about all this, people might be reading too much into these things. But doesn't the current countdown end tomorrow, you guys better hope the new countdown isn't less than 24 hours, i.e. ending on Monday.

It ends Monday afternoon. By then the Microsoft conference will be well over if that's what you're getting at.
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 THQ88

rogerjak
Kojima clearly stated in the GameTrailers interview that he has no interest of doing remakes. :)
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="THQ88"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

Kojima clearly stated in the GameTrailers interview that he has no interest of doing remakes. :)

However, he did say he was hoping to do a remake of Snatchers not too long ago. So does he do remakes or doesn't he? Or was he referring specifically to the MGS series in the GameTrailers interview?
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

Nephilim83

It ends Monday afternoon. By then the Microsoft conference will be well over if that's what you're getting at.

By my watch Kojima's teaser timer hits zero at 3pm PT on Monday evening. The MS conference ends sometime before 2pm PT. So there's no chance of this coinciding with MS's announcements. Also, I'd like to point out that if you look at the article on the homepage about the teaser site adding the 'Mask' GameSpot claims the timer ends 3pm PT on Sunday. How can they be so..... off?
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Can you do me a favor? I read it completely but space out the last paragraph :lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
Wow, I really like this theory. Only time will tell if it is true..
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="rogerjak"]

THQ88

But he also said that MGS3 would be the last one.

And that MGS4 would be the last one.

And that he wouldn't be involved with the next MGS.

...lol.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Nephilim83
good point black
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 THQ88

Scianix-Black

...lol.

this is as far as the "NEXT" MGS goes but I really really and highly doubt that he is doing a remake right now or he will be doing in the future. It's a waste of time. He'd rather spend his time doing new things instead of remakes.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

Scianix-Black

...lol.

He started saying that with MGS2.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="THQ88"] Kojima clearly stated in the GameTrailers interview that he has no interest of doing remakes. :)THQ88

...lol.

this is as far as the "NEXT" MGS goes but I really really and highly doubt that he is doing a remake right now or he will be doing in the future. It's a waste of time. He'd rather spend his time doing new things instead of remakes.

A remak of the first MG games is not a waste of time, what if he could make MG1 and MG2: SOLID SNAKE in one game, you beat big Boss in outer heaven and after that in Zanzabar Land that is really not a waste of time at all.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rogerjak

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="THQ88"] Kojima clearly stated in the GameTrailers interview that he has no interest of doing remakes. :)Star650

...lol.

He started saying that with MGS2.

Exactly. Mister Kojima says lots of things. Everything is possible with that man.