Motorstorm, what does every1 think of it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stooge_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 stooge_01
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts

I was thinkin that motorstorm would be the ultimate party starter with the sixaxis being used a steering wheel.. but then i found out it dosnt even have splitscreen and i was very disappointed..

now that every1's had a chance at playing it i was wondering wat ur opinions are on the game... 

angus1343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 angus1343
Member since 2004 • 4581 Posts
Its one of the best arcade style racers out there, but only consider it if yuo have online.  The single player mode will tire quickly.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
i ggave it a 7.6. i like it but i think people will forget about it as other tittles start to come out. plus online really is the only thing the game has going for it.
sxs_alex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 sxs_alex
Member since 2007 • 933 Posts
i have this game and i had guests over at my house and they weren't interested in playing it because there's no 2 players. they were all up on Resistance because of split screens. they played it all day long nonstop while drinking beer. my brother in law, friends, and nephews didn't even touch motorstorm. these are people who own dirt bikes and ride them during the weekends. motorstorm is a great game for single and online play. too bad it's missing the split screen. i'm hoping that Revolution Studio comes out with a download update for this game because split screen is a must have.
Avatar image for SkilledArcher87
SkilledArcher87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SkilledArcher87
Member since 2006 • 156 Posts
Yeah I feel the same way,me and my brother love this game but we can't play it together in splitscreen.Maybe they'll make a 2nd one with splitscreen.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

I was thinkin that motorstorm would be the ultimate party starter with the sixaxis being used a steering wheel.. but then i found out it dosnt even have splitscreen and i was very disappointed..

now that every1's had a chance at playing it i was wondering wat ur opinions are on the game... 

stooge_01
The time I've spent with it I think its like having my own arcade racer in my room. Awesome!! But the depth is poor and though my brother loves it. I wish it had more to it and no split-screen may not be a big deal to solo players but I have brothers, mates and family who disagree. Good but I see why GS gave it the average score. Hopefully Motorstorm 2 will have the content...
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jackle2071
yes but if it had split screen it kill the framrate.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
I think it's a great achievement in physics. The game plays really well and looks great. It does get a little bit boring aftr a couple of hours so it's good they have online matches. It's a crying shame that it has no multi player.
bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
I dig, I just wish it supported a better resolution than 720p.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I love the game. It's a pity it doesn't have offline multiplayer.
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
Yeah, it's too bad it doesn't have splitscreen. I really miss that in this game. But as for the rest, it's one of the best racers in a long time. I bought both R:FOM and Motorstorm for launch, but I find myself more glued to the latter for now. Offline is fun cause the AI drivers are really fun, online is still the best though. I love the total chaos going on all the time, burning wrecks sailing past you, trucks hitting a wall and spiralling over your car, pushing people off cliffs, running over those poor bikers... It's hilarious.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jackle2071
[QUOTE="Nightflash28"]Yeah, it's too bad it doesn't have splitscreen. I really miss that in this game. But as for the rest, it's one of the best racers in a long time. I bought both R:FOM and Motorstorm for launch, but I find myself more glued to the latter for now. Offline is fun cause the AI drivers are really fun, online is still the best though. I love the total chaos going on all the time, burning wrecks sailing past you, trucks hitting a wall and spiralling over your car, pushing people off cliffs, running over those poor bikers... It's hilarious.

yeah howfar are you in the SP?
Bannsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bannsai
Member since 2005 • 36 Posts
I still think its a great game i still think it will be nice for a party-starter. you always toss the controller around and just sit-back and laugh when your friends just smash in a big rock. me and a friend play last night and he for the most part hate racing games but he thought this was really fun. I would give it a 8 or 9 need to test is some more before i decide
Nightflash28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Nightflash28
Member since 2004 • 2351 Posts
[QUOTE="jackle2071"][QUOTE="Nightflash28"]Yeah, it's too bad it doesn't have splitscreen. I really miss that in this game. But as for the rest, it's one of the best racers in a long time. I bought both R:FOM and Motorstorm for launch, but I find myself more glued to the latter for now. Offline is fun cause the AI drivers are really fun, online is still the best though. I love the total chaos going on all the time, burning wrecks sailing past you, trucks hitting a wall and spiralling over your car, pushing people off cliffs, running over those poor bikers... It's hilarious.

I'm on the lvl 3 tickets right now. Playing half the time online but then I always quickly realize that I need to learn the tracks better. Yesterday I focused on playing SP. I really love this game. It's fun how before the game and the PS3 were out I (and many others on this board) focused on the technical aspects of the game: the mud, the track deformation, the spectacular crashes etc. Now that I actually own and play the game, I yet again realized how it's all about the fun. The graphics are awesome, no doubt about it, but I find myself laughing out loud so many times while racing.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jackle2071
[QUOTE="Nightflash28"][QUOTE="jackle2071"][QUOTE="Nightflash28"]Yeah, it's too bad it doesn't have splitscreen. I really miss that in this game. But as for the rest, it's one of the best racers in a long time. I bought both R:FOM and Motorstorm for launch, but I find myself more glued to the latter for now. Offline is fun cause the AI drivers are really fun, online is still the best though. I love the total chaos going on all the time, burning wrecks sailing past you, trucks hitting a wall and spiralling over your car, pushing people off cliffs, running over those poor bikers... It's hilarious.

I'm on the lvl 3 tickets right now. Playing half the time online but then I always quickly realize that I need to learn the tracks better. Yesterday I focused on playing SP. I really love this game. It's fun how before the game and the PS3 were out I (and many others on this board) focused on the technical aspects of the game: the mud, the track deformation, the spectacular crashes etc. Now that I actually own and play the game, I yet again realized how it's all about the fun. The graphics are awesome, no doubt about it, but I find myself laughing out loud so many times while racing.

i'll just say wait till you get to level 4 then the real test of nerves begins.