Most overused MK9 character online

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I find a lot of people overusing Noob Saibot, and Raiden online these days. I find it that a lot of people use them because they have those attacks where Noob Saibot throws his darkside at you, or Raiden spears at you (which thats the only moves these people do when they use them). I just wanna know who do you think is overused, and just using the sames moves really?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
Kung Lao is the best character.. But as far as what characters I see the most online, that would be ninjas and Kitana.
FooManChoo420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FooManChoo420
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
People use scorpion against me the most. I like to use kitana, kabal, and baraka.
D3ADMaggot911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D3ADMaggot911
Member since 2007 • 880 Posts

Haha, funny you should say that, i was just getting the hang of him too,

Unfortinely i still get killed by overused moves from other characters, last time i tryed winning a match

some one kept doing that one speacal move over and over and over, the player was sindel and kept shooting

a purple fire ball thing at me, it kept knocking me over, the lag was unbarable after playing nothing but non-online.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

Scorpion-- no doubt about it.

Avatar image for LombaxWarrior11
LombaxWarrior11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LombaxWarrior11
Member since 2011 • 85 Posts

When was the last time I saw Smoke? A minute Ago.

Repeat that every minute.

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts
Kung Lao is the best character.. But as far as what characters I see the most online, that would be ninjas and Kitana.MethodManFTW
No he isn't. To you maybe Kung Lao might be the best but in truth he really isn't. He is a good character and he is a top tier but there are way better characters then Kung Lao.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Kung Lao is the best character.. But as far as what characters I see the most online, that would be ninjas and Kitana.Foulcry
No he isn't. To you maybe Kung Lao might be the best but in truth he really isn't. He is a good character and he is a top tier but there are way better characters then Kung Lao.

JWong owned with him. Kung Lao was all over the 10k PDP tournament in Vegas... Wong has said on his twitter multiple times that Lao is OP.. I think I'll take his word over yours. ;)
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
Yeah I can't beat Kung Lao, it's ridicoulous.]
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

My FIRST online match just HAD to be a Kung Lao. That guy was dragging my ass all over the floor....

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Foulcry

[QUOTE="Foulcry"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Kung Lao is the best character.. But as far as what characters I see the most online, that would be ninjas and Kitana.MethodManFTW

JWong owned with him. Kung Lao was all over the 10k PDP tournament in Vegas... Wong has said on his twitter multiple times that Lao is OP.. I think I'll take his word over yours. ;)

Just because jwong plays with him doesn't mean he is the best. Maybe you should take a breather from being a fanboy and realise that there are way better characters. He won like two tournaments with him and its because the game is still early and a lot people don't realise you can punish Kung Lao from a lot of his moves. You don't have to take my word over his I'm not asking you to nor am I telling you to.

Your basing your observation on a pro player that just started playing MK9 and still doesn't know much about the game so if you don't know what your talking about and you are only basing your answer on observing Jwong then you probably shouldn't be telling people who the best character is. Just saying. Once again just because Jwong uses him doesn't mean he's the best. So decide for yourself instead of letting a tournament player choose for you.

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

Scorpion, Smoke and Noob.

philip6k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 philip6k
Member since 2006 • 1365 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Foulcry"] No he isn't. To you maybe Kung Lao might be the best but in truth he really isn't. He is a good character and he is a top tier but there are way better characters then Kung Lao.Foulcry

Just because jwong plays with him doesn't mean he is the best. Maybe you should take a breather from being a fanboy and realise that there are way better characters. He won like two tournaments with him and its because the game is still early and a lot people don't realise you can punish Kung Lao from a lot of his moves. You don't have to take my word over his I'm not asking you to nor am I telling you to.

Your basing your observation on a pro player that just started playing MK9 and still doesn't know much about the game so if you don't know what your talking about and you are only basing your answer on observing Jwong then you probably shouldn't be telling people who the best character is. Just saying. Once again just because Jwong uses him doesn't mean he's the best. So decide for yourself instead of letting a tournament player choose for you.

you don't become very good at a game by not know much about it........
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Foulcry"] No he isn't. To you maybe Kung Lao might be the best but in truth he really isn't. He is a good character and he is a top tier but there are way better characters then Kung Lao.Foulcry

I have decided for myself that I agree with him from watching a whole hell of a lot of MK tournament play. And I'm a fan boy because I believe what one of the best MK players in the world says ok... Long Island Joe uses Lao a ton too. I have done my own research, and listening to pro players is part of that research. Thanks for your concern tho.
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Foulcry
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Foulcry"]

JWong owned with him. Kung Lao was all over the 10k PDP tournament in Vegas... Wong has said on his twitter multiple times that Lao is OP.. I think I'll take his word over yours. ;)MethodManFTW

I have decided for myself that I agree with him from watching a whole hell of a lot of MK tournament play. And I'm a fan boy because I believe what one of the best MK players in the world says ok... Long Island Joe uses Lao a ton too. I have done my own research, and listening to pro players is part of that research. Thanks for your concern tho.

Yea sure you have meanwhile your pretty much naming every well known tournament player around and telling me you follow them on twitter. Listen to yourself dude. I hope you know that Kung Lao is getting nerfed by the way. Also high level players use more characters then Kung Lao. Jwong happens to be the only one I have seen that doesn't use more then one character. I'm not concerned for you at all but your statemnet on Kung Lao is very subjective and I don't think you should be so sure that he is the best especially when you can't decide on your own if he is or not.
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Foulcry
[QUOTE="philip6k"][QUOTE="Foulcry"]

JWong owned with him. Kung Lao was all over the 10k PDP tournament in Vegas... Wong has said on his twitter multiple times that Lao is OP.. I think I'll take his word over yours. ;)MethodManFTW

you don't become very good at a game by not know much about it........

Made no sense.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MethodManFTW
best especially when you can't decide on your own if he is or not.Foulcry
I clearly have. I played the game ALOT, watch tournament play ALOT, etc... Here's Tom Bradys post patch tier list.. so apparently Laos nerf isn't to bad. S tier: raiden, shang, kano, nw, cage, ermac, kl, cyber sub, sub A+ tier: cyrax, sindel, scorpion, liu kang, kitana, mileena, reptile, noob, sonya, kabal A tier: jade, smoke, sektor, stryker, jax, baraka B tier: sheeva, quan chi
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Foulcry
[QUOTE="Foulcry"] best especially when you can't decide on your own if he is or not.MethodManFTW
I clearly have. I played the game ALOT, watch tournament play ALOT, etc... Here's Tom Bradys post patch tier list.. so apparently Laos nerf isn't to bad. S tier: raiden, shang, kano, nw, cage, ermac, kl, cyber sub, sub A+ tier: cyrax, sindel, scorpion, liu kang, kitana, mileena, reptile, noob, sonya, kabal A tier: jade, smoke, sektor, stryker, jax, baraka B tier: sheeva, quan chi

He's getting another one lol. I also don't need the Tier List I know who is good and who isn't. I even said Kung Lao is top tier but he isn't the best in the game and he can be beaten. He is also a very unsafe character. watching tournaments doesn't convince me that you know a lot try going to them instead of being a stream monster. All I'm clearly saying is that Kung Lao isn't the best and you just can't seem to let that go. In time watch. When people know he can be punished more so then not. He won't be as good as you think he is. Or let me guess you'll change your opinion when everyone else in high level play does lol.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Foulcry"] best especially when you can't decide on your own if he is or not.Foulcry

He's getting another one lol. I also don't need the Tier List I know who is good and who isn't. I even said Kung Lao is top tier but he isn't the best in the game and he can be beaten. He is also a very unsafe character. watching tournaments doesn't convince me that you know a lot try going to them instead of being a stream monster. All I'm clearly saying is that Kung Lao isn't the best and you just can't seem to let that go. In time watch. When people know he can be punished more so then not. He won't be as good as you think he is. Or let me guess you'll change your opinion when everyone else in high level play does lol.

im just saying he is the best right now. of course that will evolve as new strategies emerge and gameplay tweaks come.. you disagree. ok, cool.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blabbyboy

Dude, Kung lao is op, and fanboy?Uh that dosen't even make sense. If I was a fanboy of Kung lao he would still be overpowered, and if I was a fanboy of Scorpion he would still be Op.

From the PDP tournament"One thing that was hard to miss during bracket play was how only a few characters were being used, mainly Cyrax, Ermac, and Kung Lao. Throughout almost every single match it was almost always Cyrax vs. Kung Lao, or a Kung Lao vs. Kung Lao mirror. It proves that the game simply isn't balanced quite well enough yet. With this much money on the line it made sense that everyone was favoring the overpowered characters instead of choosing from the wide variety of characters in a game like Super Street Fighter 4.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712717/mortal-kombat-pdp-tournament-wrap-up-kung-lao-is-overpowered/#ixzz1Nzhb1ZD0"

Tsuanthony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tsuanthony
Member since 2009 • 909 Posts
I would have thought sub zero/ scorpion/ and Kratos were the more overused guys
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
ermac and smoke
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 parvie
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Foulcry"] best especially when you can't decide on your own if he is or not.Foulcry

You think Kung Lao is a very unsafe character? No offense but wow, just...wow.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 parvie

And yes, Lao is OP and the best character right now.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#25 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Noob Saibot has that one move where he goes up through the floor and slams you down, which coincidentally enough is the most n00b move in the whole game. Its unblockable, does good damage and is instant so its hard to know when to move away from it.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 parvie

Noob Saibot has that one move where he goes up through the floor and slams you down, which coincidentally enough is the most n00b move in the whole game. Its unblockable, does good damage and is instant so its hard to know when to move away from it.

SPYDER0416
It's blockable.
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Foulcry

[QUOTE="Foulcry"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] JWong owned with him. Kung Lao was all over the 10k PDP tournament in Vegas... Wong has said on his twitter multiple times that Lao is OP.. I think I'll take his word over yours. ;)blabbyboy

Dude, Kung lao is op, and fanboy?Uh that dosen't even make sense. If I was a fanboy of Kung lao he would still be overpowered, and if I was a fanboy of Scorpion he would still be Op.

From the PDP tournament"One thing that was hard to miss during bracket play was how only a few characters were being used, mainly Cyrax, Ermac, and Kung Lao. Throughout almost every single match it was almost always Cyrax vs. Kung Lao, or a Kung Lao vs. Kung Lao mirror. It proves that the game simply isn't balanced quite well enough yet. With this much money on the line it made sense that everyone was favoring the overpowered characters instead of choosing from the wide variety of characters in a game like Super Street Fighter 4.

Read more: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/712717/mortal-kombat-pdp-tournament-wrap-up-kung-lao-is-overpowered/#ixzz1Nzhb1ZD0"

I was calling him a fanboy of Jwong not the character. Thats what I mean though the game is still young. Of course every tournament player is going to choose characters like Cyrax, Kung Lao and Ermac. The tournament player always goes for the cheapest characters in the beginning. They do what they have to to win and they don't care. Most admit this right out the gate. They break the game and when it is fixed they break it again and again untill it's almost unbreakable. Kung Lao is a good character but it's because he has a ridiculous combo damage output and he needs to be tweaked. NRS plans on doing something about him again. I never judged the dude for liking the character. I judged the dude for saying Kung Lao is the best character and not giving me a reason other then Jwong said so lol.

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Foulcry

[QUOTE="Foulcry"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"] I clearly have. I played the game ALOT, watch tournament play ALOT, etc... Here's Tom Bradys post patch tier list.. so apparently Laos nerf isn't to bad. S tier: raiden, shang, kano, nw, cage, ermac, kl, cyber sub, sub A+ tier: cyrax, sindel, scorpion, liu kang, kitana, mileena, reptile, noob, sonya, kabal A tier: jade, smoke, sektor, stryker, jax, baraka B tier: sheeva, quan chiparvie

He is! so wow...just...wow. Alot of his moves are unsafe. Almost all his teleport combos are unsafe except for his EX teleport.A bunch of his combos are punishable with fast uppercut characters. He wouldn't be crap without his Anti Air Spin Move. That's the only thing that makes him a really good character because he has the second fastest Anti Air in the game and it's a two frame move so it contacts almost all the time on anything. HisEX Anti Air Spin can be punished big time if timed right. Everybody thinks he is godlike but he really isn't. He might not be "very" unsafe I over exaggerated a lil but he still has a lot of unsafe moves that not many people are familiar with. The only actual impressive high level play I have seen with him is Perfect Legend not Jwong.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MethodManFTW

Dude will you get off my nuts already? If Alex Rodriguez said that SSK made the best bats I would believe him too, people tend to take advice from people that are better then them at specific things. It sounds to me like you need a dose of humility, but maybe I'm wrong, next time I watch some tournament play I look forward to seeing you take home a check.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

.. I will base the observation of the Dev who has stated that KL is in fact overpowered and he is getting a significant nerf in the upcoming patch... And Kung Lao is the most over used character in tournament setting for a reason.. He can do crazy amounts of damage, his air juggles are ridiculously easy to start and continue..

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

I have played over a 150 fights and I still cant put a finger on what character is the most used, it would be much easier for me to name the least played characters. Unlike SF4 which should be renamed shoto fighters I have played against a number of characters in MK9.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
My favourite character is also Noob but i randomly pick characters online i hate when idiots just spam the easy attacks for an easy win, it's almost as bad as CoD with the akimbo shotguns and marathon. I just pick one at random from now on while everyone dashes to choose Noob or Scorpion.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#33 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

I have seen alot of Scorpion players online. I like to use variety when I am playing.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I don't get to play online often but when I did, it was a lot of Smoke and Kung Lao. Ermac was also prevalent because people just would spam teleports and projectiles over and over and over. Actually that's the online in a couple words: spamming projectiles. It's so irritating when you just want an honest match and all the do is spam. I only lost to a few though that did that only because they spammed (chip damage).
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 parvie

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="Foulcry"] He's getting another one lol. I also don't need the Tier List I know who is good and who isn't. I even said Kung Lao is top tier but he isn't the best in the game and he can be beaten. He is also a very unsafe character. watching tournaments doesn't convince me that you know a lot try going to them instead of being a stream monster. All I'm clearly saying is that Kung Lao isn't the best and you just can't seem to let that go. In time watch. When people know he can be punished more so then not. He won't be as good as you think he is. Or let me guess you'll change your opinion when everyone else in high level play does lol.Foulcry

He is! so wow...just...wow. Alot of his moves are unsafe. Almost all his teleport combos are unsafe except for his EX teleport.A bunch of his combos are punishable with fast uppercut characters. He wouldn't be crap without his Anti Air Spin Move. That's the only thing that makes him a really good character because he has the second fastest Anti Air in the game and it's a two frame move so it contacts almost all the time on anything. HisEX Anti Air Spin can be punished big time if timed right. Everybody thinks he is godlike but he really isn't. He might not be "very" unsafe I over exaggerated a lil but he still has a lot of unsafe moves that not many people are familiar with. The only actual impressive high level play I have seen with him is Perfect Legend not Jwong.

Woah? U mad, bro? And Lao has the fastest ant-air attack that also happens to be a combo starter.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 parvie
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I don't get to play online often but when I did, it was a lot of Smoke and Kung Lao. Ermac was also prevalent because people just would spam teleports and projectiles over and over and over. Actually that's the online in a couple words: spamming projectiles. It's so irritating when you just want an honest match and all the do is spam. I only lost to a few though that did that only because they spammed (chip damage).

What you should do is get comfortable with a character that has a teleport (preferably Smoke) and then choose him after your opponent chooses a spam character (like Noob or Scorpion). I do this whenever i get a feeling that my opponent will spam and i'm usually right.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
smoke or jade for me
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I don't get to play online often but when I did, it was a lot of Smoke and Kung Lao. Ermac was also prevalent because people just would spam teleports and projectiles over and over and over. Actually that's the online in a couple words: spamming projectiles. It's so irritating when you just want an honest match and all the do is spam. I only lost to a few though that did that only because they spammed (chip damage).

What you should do is get comfortable with a character that has a teleport (preferably Smoke) and then choose him after your opponent chooses a spam character (like Noob or Scorpion). I do this whenever i get a feeling that my opponent will spam and i'm usually right.

I could do that, but I usually just choose Sub Zero because I can trap them if they actually play correctly. Ice clone does wonders online. :) I get spammed by Ermac and Noob and I blocked them a lot of them, but it happened SO MUCH that the chip damage eventually killed me. What is even more infuriating is that I lost both of those I remember by literally a sliver of health. I was actually playing too. :? I beat the rest of them handily (even though annoying) but those 2 losses made me so mad.
jonluke93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jonluke93
Member since 2008 • 4218 Posts

From what I've seen Liu Kang is the best character in the game I'm so glad he really isn't used much I mostly fight Smoke, Scorpion and Sub Zero. I use Shang Tsung and Scorpion.

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Ermac, Smoke and Noob

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

There is no such thing as a best character in the game. Any character can be cool if you know how to play with him or her. Some characters are more accessible than other ones, but there are no bad characters. Characters such as Liu Kang, Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Raiden are fan favorites, so everyone already knows how to spam the heck out their moves.

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Foulcry
[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="Foulcry"]

You think Kung Lao is a very unsafe character? No offense but wow, just...wow.parvie

Woah? U mad, bro? And Lao has the fastest ant-air attack that also happens to be a combo starter.

No i'm not actually why are you?
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Foulcry

Dude will you get off my nuts already? If Alex Rodriguez said that SSK made the best bats I would believe him too, people tend to take advice from people that are better then them at specific things. It sounds to me like you need a dose of humility, but maybe I'm wrong, next time I watch some tournament play I look forward to seeing you take home a check.

MethodManFTW
Trust me i'm nowhere near your nuts but you should get off Justin Wongs.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]

Foulcry
Trust me i'm nowhere near your nuts but you should get off Justin Wongs.

I have referenced Justin Wong twice in this thread, both in same post, where as you have referenced him multiple times in several different posts... You are the one that keeps bringing him up. You need to relax dude. I said many posts ago, you disagree, ok. I'm not trying to get you to agree with me, yet you keep coming at me...
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 parvie

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="Foulcry"] He is! so wow...just...wow. Alot of his moves are unsafe. Almost all his teleport combos are unsafe except for his EX teleport.A bunch of his combos are punishable with fast uppercut characters. He wouldn't be crap without his Anti Air Spin Move. That's the only thing that makes him a really good character because he has the second fastest Anti Air in the game and it's a two frame move so it contacts almost all the time on anything. HisEX Anti Air Spin can be punished big time if timed right. Everybody thinks he is godlike but he really isn't. He might not be "very" unsafe I over exaggerated a lil but he still has a lot of unsafe moves that not many people are familiar with. The only actual impressive high level play I have seen with him is Perfect Legend not Jwong.

Foulcry

No i'm not actually why are you?

I ain't even mad.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 parvie
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I don't get to play online often but when I did, it was a lot of Smoke and Kung Lao. Ermac was also prevalent because people just would spam teleports and projectiles over and over and over. Actually that's the online in a couple words: spamming projectiles. It's so irritating when you just want an honest match and all the do is spam. I only lost to a few though that did that only because they spammed (chip damage).

I could do that, but I usually just choose Sub Zero because I can trap them if they actually play correctly. Ice clone does wonders online. :) I get spammed by Ermac and Noob and I blocked them a lot of them, but it happened SO MUCH that the chip damage eventually killed me. What is even more infuriating is that I lost both of those I remember by literally a sliver of health. I was actually playing too. :? I beat the rest of them handily (even though annoying) but those 2 losses made me so mad.

Yeah, a defensive subby is deadly against an aggressive opponent.
email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
Scorpin and Smoke.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 blabbyboy
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="parvie"] What you should do is get comfortable with a character that has a teleport (preferably Smoke) and then choose him after your opponent chooses a spam character (like Noob or Scorpion). I do this whenever i get a feeling that my opponent will spam and i'm usually right.parvie

Yeah, a defensive subby is deadly against an aggressive opponent.

Yeah, but the thing is Sub Zero has like that one good easy combo that everyone spams. He hits u 3 times then freezes u in mid air then slides. It gets really annoying.