Modern Warfare 3 Online Problems?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fallout3ownzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fallout3ownzu
Member since 2009 • 69 Posts

I pre-ordered MW3 and it came in today, but it wont let me play online. When I press Play Online in the Multiplayer menu, it just says Connecting to Online Services for a while (2-3 minutes) then just says Error: The Modern Warfare 3 server is not available at this time or something along those lines. I think this has something to do with me not being able to connect to the MW2 server unless I put COD4 in first. I know, its weird. I don't know if I got hacked at some point and it makes ths happen, or something about my PS3 just doesn't want to connect to the MW2 or MW3 servers, and sometimes not even the COD4 server.

Sorry if you're confused, I just want to know what's wrong. Should I ask Infinity Ward?

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I'm having the same problem, a few of my friends also are tellin they keep getting kicked out. I think its a server stability issue since one of them told me its laggy as hell in a match.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

same here, i'm guessing the servers are so overloaded with people who just got this game today, that the servers can't handle all those ppl, i hope IW fixes this online issue soon

volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Just be thankful you didn't pay for Elite!

... Or did you?

I'm not surprised. Despite the hate it receives from non-casuals, it is the most popular videogame today and the servers are surely running at capacity. Hang on a second! If I recall correctly, COD doesn't even use servers instead it relies on P2P?

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts
I hear theres a problem with the PS3 version, mainly with the Elite. Things are not working when you register etc. Its possible the server has crashed as most people seem to want to play online. Id only go online if it was Online co-op with the campaign
alberttweskers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alberttweskers
Member since 2011 • 70 Posts
i am also having the same problem..is there anyone who could resolve this problem
fallout3ownzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fallout3ownzu

Bump

This problem also happened to me in MW2 however, only working when I put COD4 in and connect (which still only works about 50% of the time). This is the only way that I have found that lets me play MW2 or MW3 online. It's bizarre, I always thought it was some sort of hack that infected my PS3 somehow.

fallout3ownzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fallout3ownzu

Bump

fallout3ownzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fallout3ownzu

Bump.

I called, emailed, and tweeted Infinity Ward, all to no avail. I've searched everything, and nobody else seems to have the problem. Ever since COD4 stopped connecting to the server, I was, in turn, never able to connect to MW2 or MW3 online. Oh well, I guess I'm returning it. Skyrim here I come!

moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

I'm having the same problem, a few of my friends also are tellin they keep getting kicked out. I think its a server stability issue since one of them told me its laggy as hell in a match.

WR_Platinum

The lag is insane,I played blackops and BF3 after I lagged on MW3, didnt have any issues at all.
MW3 so far is unstable imo. It needs patching to fix matchmaking, lag, and the breaking up mics. too.

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

moej88

The lag is insane,I played blackops and BF3 after I lagged on MW3, didnt have any issues at all.
MW3 so far is unstable imo. It needs patching to fix matchmaking, lag, and the breaking up mics. too.

I have gone back to BF3 also. MW3 just doesnt seem as entertaining as MW2. The lag and matchmaking does suck, but i also feel most of the maps are horrid except for a couple...

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

The recent patch seems to have fixed some of the server timeout issues for me, but there definitely still remain problems. I have MW3 on both the 360 and PS3, and I have to say the PS3 has significantly more issues than the 360 version does. It's frustrating.

Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#14 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
Yeah, it still has the problems of MW 2. But I just keep trying and it works on the 2nd time.
KaY_86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KaY_86
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts
sometimes it happens to me but after 3 or 4 tries im in
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#16 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts
sometimes it happens to me but after 3 or 4 tries im inKaY_86
Pretty much. Keep trying OT, it'll work after enough tries.