Modern Warfare 2 or battlefield 2?? plz help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SheikhMuhammad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 SheikhMuhammad
Member since 2005 • 438 Posts

Hey guys i need to buy a modern first person shooter and i am confused between call of duty and battlefield... both have equal score at gamespot too... which one should i buy?

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#2 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Can't you decide for yourself please? Watch both of the reviews and decide which one you think looks better for you ;)

Dollar75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#3 Dollar75
Member since 2006 • 718 Posts

Personally I preferred MW2. The reason why is each scene is built up alot better and more dramatic than BF2. With BF2, I just felt I was going to one area, shooting people, then moving to another area and shooting people. The desire to go further in the game just wasn't there for me.

I'm sure you'll get a flurry of different opinions, but thats my 2 cents worth.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

Hey guys i need to buy a modern first person shooter and i am confused between call of duty and battlefield... both have equal score at gamespot too... which one should i buy?

SheikhMuhammad
I wouldn't go with Moder Warfare....The game gets old fast
bananapeel7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 bananapeel7
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I've been playing MW2 since the day I got it and still play it at least once a week. havn't played battlefield but don't listen to that dude saying it gets old fast. I get bored of games easily too
NatsumeKonno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 NatsumeKonno
Member since 2009 • 350 Posts

I have both. At first i hated having the idea oftanks run around killing me. I played the first MW alot non stop all the time. So how did MW2 hold up for me. Big dissapointment. This was the first time i didnt even wanna play it alot. Sure it was fun for the first week then it got old real real fast. The unlocking many random stuff can get fun but the guns to me feels all the same.

Bad Company 2 on the other hand just wow. After a couple of games i find the tanks arent annoying. Buildings falling blowing holes in the wall. Its way more fun cause at least i dont have to worry about people camping like in MW2. The guns are so life like. You even gotta worry about gravity when you shoot someone really far. The sounds of the gun are great i feel like ihave alot of power.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I have both games. My advice, watch gameplay videos and make your decision. For me Bad Company 2 just feels so much more like a badass battle, playing rush mode with tanks, vehicles, helicopters, mortar strikes, sniping players from what feels like a mile away if you feel like it. (the maps are much bigger in BC2) Modern Warfare 2 is a bit more on the cartoony side with all the "perks", "killstreaks", etc. Even if your team is getting owned, some cheater can be off with his buddy on the side cheating and "win" the game by ending it with a nuke. Modern Warfare 2 is also a bit more "run and gun" in it's core gameplay. If you are playing Rush in Bad Company 2 "run and gun" is pretty much suicide. Which is why alot of MW2 players seem to really dislike Bad Company 2. My take on the games is this: MW2 has a slightly better campaign IMO (both are decent, neither is great) MW2 has Spec Ops, BC2 has no such mode (until DLC comes out) BC2 has BY FAR the more epic online battles, all you need is rush mode and conquest mode in BC2.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
I'd easily pick MW2 over BFBC 2, but that's just me.
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

go get MW2, cuz Battlefield 2 is a very dated game.

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

Get MW2 its a better all around game.

meteo_ryte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 meteo_ryte
Member since 2005 • 1962 Posts
You can find both used for the same price as one new. So get both.
bm1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bm1212
Member since 2009 • 559 Posts

battlefield, thats the wiser choice. More realistic, less frustrating. At least in that game you dont have someone else's killstreak reward slaughtering you continuously because battlefield relies more on real gunplay.

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Get BC2

MW2 can be great, but there is way too much bs online that will make you mad.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

MW2 is better IMO.

alien100000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 alien100000
Member since 2005 • 825 Posts

Get Bad Company 2, I was a hardcore MW2 player, and it got really boring. The game is so flawed. I bought BC2 and it is amazing, it requires teamwork and skill, not like the stupid lightweight/marathon/commando and noob tube/danger close crap in cod.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#18 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

The campaigns aren't anything special in either games, and the plot sucks in both games. I'd say that BC2's online has an edge.

FPRuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FPRuser
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I have played every Call of Duty game and Battlefield 2(original one) and bad company, bad company 2....

I can say with a certainty that overall, Battlefield its just a better game. While knowning the maps in Battlefield helps, it is more based on team work rather than just knowing where to go and when...Games like Counter Strike and now even MW2 are full of ppl that calculate ur every movements....Basically, I loved Cod4 but stopped playing MW2 after 3 weeks...It just got really boring(Please don't tell me it got boring cause i am a noob etc.) Battlefield is more enjoyable while cod6 is a better game

tomtaraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tomtaraz
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

this is my honest opinion i own both games and hav put many hours into both. cod is great you can always get a game because of the large communitybut suffers from lag and glitchers hackers are everywhere

bfbc2 is the superior game imo it has less lag and no glitchers or hackers, the gameplay is more tactical and for me more enjoyable it really just depends on your preferences as to which one you will enjoy more

a big factor in cods side is that it does have splitscreen and more people have it meaning your more likely to be able to play with friends. once i played battlefield cod just wasn't the same battlefield would be my first choice, also both the campaigns sucked so play them if your bored or your internet goes down

nelson415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 nelson415
Member since 2007 • 1807 Posts

I own both, got the plat for both. And as soon as i was done for BFBC2, i went back to MW2. i just found more replay value in the multiplayer

LightGalaxy_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LightGalaxy_07
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

bc2. alot of hours you can put into it

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Get BC2

MW2 can be great, but there is way too much bs online that will make you mad.

hanslacher54

^This. You'd be fooling yourself to think anything else.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I like Moder Warfare 2's SP... but it's kinda short... if you like fast-paced, run-n-gun action, you'll like the MP

but for MP, i prefer Bad Company 2... i've been playing it everynight, since release... really awesome! especially if you have friends you can play with and team up online.

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
It depends: do you want horrid lag/hit detection or terrible unbalance? Pick your poison.
xTpux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 xTpux
Member since 2010 • 308 Posts

I suggest both. BUT if you must only get one then most people say that bfbc2 is alot better especially online but the CoD series is just great too. i think I might like bfbc2 better though.

mmoments

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mmoments
Member since 2009 • 1264 Posts

MW2 has pissed me off much more than BC2 if that helps

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
[QUOTE="SheikhMuhammad"]

hkymike
I wouldn't go with Moder Warfare....The game gets old fast

no it doesnt I have more hours on MW2 than I do on BC2
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
i like bc2 more than mw2... its harder, more realistic, feels great to control vehicles and what not and you actually have to be good to get ur kills not like mw2 where its any gun + stopping power = 1-2 shot kill. im assuming ull be playing online in these games and m2 just has too much bs and camping and noob stuff that will just make u mad... its fun but after awhile just gets annoying cuz its the same cheap lil tricks killing u over and over.
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

BFBC2 there is no comparision!!!

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
MAG....if not MAG then BFBC 2 unless youre a casual gamer who enjoys no challenge at all then and only then....choose *cringe* MW2
slick2021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 slick2021
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

MW has an average campaign and crappy online I would go with battlefield 2.

full_on_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#33 full_on_gamer
Member since 2008 • 424 Posts

Well i have got MW2, but im seroiusly considering buying BC2 because i have started to get really bored of MW2. I played the story twice (once on regular and once on veteran) but wont be playing through that again. Online is good at first, with loads of challenges etc. but it just seems to be that team mates try to get the highest kill streak, not try to play and win. I have started to get bored (only on 2nd prestige) of playing online, guns arent that good, many are outpowered by 1 or 2 of the only good guns on the game, so it gets repetitive after a while. Its a really good game, but i think BC2 should be more varied, and longer lasting compared to MW2. Also BC2 is cheaper than MW2 so you could get another game aswell for the same price as MW2. I like MW2 but like i said, i think ill try BC2 and see what thats like instead for a bit.

(you could even get CoD4 instead as I think this is better than MW2 overall. You can get CoD4 pretty cheap now aswell)

ejstrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ejstrup
Member since 2005 • 2192 Posts

BFBC2 there is no comparision!!!

2beers_in_hand
Indeed not. MW2 feels so dated when you compare it to Bad Company 2. MW2 is probably more accessible for noobs and casuals.
dbzfreak123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 dbzfreak123
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts

their is like 10 of these threads a day! its all upto personal prefernece, Look at the reviews!

dah_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dah_master
Member since 2009 • 643 Posts

I have both and put alot of hours on both and here is my opinion...

i have played CoD4 for almost 2 years (yes i guess you could say im a veteran) then i switched to MW2 and i played it for about a month...Its hard to explain actualy because i cant find a reason for this...

MW2 is run-gun sort of play.The SP is kind ofboring since its mostly just you shooting bad guys but it has its moments.MP on the other hand is (only for me), good for a week. When you get to see and use your 1stAC130 its great...But your 100th? it gets tedious. The maps are not that well designed IMO. The Maps almost tell you that you should camp.The perks and guns are overpowered.And so is the grenade launcher.I only see 2 guns which are used by everyone.(Intervention,Scar) and in 2 shots or 1 shot you are dead. So its mostly who-ever-gets-shot first or who-camps-alot wins games. Campers are ALWAYS in any CoD match. Camping is a strategy but when you put a camper who can knife you from 10 feet away, who can kill you in 2-3 shots, in a corner.You are bound to lose.Campers in CoD are hard to kill since they cover 1 spot but since Lag is always against me, I lose most of the time.

BFBC2 is completely different. Although I sometimes cant get in EA online alot because my internet sucks alot,Its great fun. SP is same like CoD.Mp is super fun. Everything in BFBC2 is fair. Campers are easy to kill (just blow up the damn building) and modes are ALOT more interesting...MAPS are well designed to fit certain strategies.(flank, use vehicles etc.) It involves thinking and skill. And it really is "May the best team win".