MGS4 worst ending for the best character

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_full_metal_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _full_metal_
Member since 2008 • 226 Posts

i dont think it should have ended like this for snake i mean he has saved the world and done lots of things but in the end bcuz of cellular aging he looks like a grandpa while in the 30s (i think) and bcuz of foxdie he only has 3 months to live and because of cellular aging he has no hope for making a family so there coul d be an heir to the snake legacy

i think snakes ending should have been naomi making a cure and him and meryl could have gotten together and bigg boss wouldnt have died in the end when he was ressurected so he could have had quality time with his father

Aidara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Aidara
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
BEING A HEro is saving the world a lot of times with out the people knowing it and snake is a good hero but a better soldier.
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
He couldn't have a kid anyway because when they created him they made him sterile. So he couldn't have kids anyway, even if he didn't get old. I liked the end. He deserves some rest. There's nothing they can do about him getting older. Besides, everybody dies. It's only fitting that Snake would get to relax for what little time he has left.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

i dont think it should have ended like this for snake i mean he has saved the world and done lots of things but in the end bcuz of cellular aging he looks like a grandpa while in the 30s (i think) and bcuz of foxdie he only has 3 months to live and because of cellular aging he has no hope for making a family so there coul d be an heir to the snake legacy

i think snakes ending should have been naomi making a cure and him and meryl could have gotten together and bigg boss wouldnt have died in the end when he was ressurected so he could have had quality time with his father

_full_metal_

That ending would have sucked. Thats the kind of cheese ending that shouldnt be used. The only thing I can rescue from the first Spidey movie was the following: To be a heroe you must die. And its true, you can do as much as you want, but to truly become a heroe, you have to die. Life is not happy, imo, it was the best ending possible for Snake.

_full_metal_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 _full_metal_

He couldn't have a kid anyway because when they created him they made him sterile. So he couldn't have kids anyway, even if he didn't get old. I liked the end. He deserves some rest. There's nothing they can do about him getting older. Besides, everybody dies. It's only fitting that Snake would get to relax for what little time he has left.Ospov

forgot about tht

SiKh22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SiKh22
Member since 2006 • 4661 Posts
I though it was good, Snake is Kojima's son! man. He would not let him die like that, plus the ending was realistic, it was not a happy merry go around ending nor overly sad. Sad enough to know that he WILL die but we just haven't seen it yet. I think Kojima stayed true but changed the tone.
_full_metal_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 _full_metal_
[QUOTE="_full_metal_"]

kenshinhimura16

That ending would have sucked. Thats the kind of cheese ending that shouldnt be used. The only thing I can rescue from the first Spidey movie was the following: To be a heroe you must die. And its true, you can do as much as you want, but to truly become a heroe, you have to die. Life is not happy, imo, it was the best ending possible for Snake.

i know i know but it is sad big boss didnt have to die or atleast smthing good should have happened because this game is amazing and actually makes you feel bad for the character or otacon he didnt get the best ending either he loved naomi who died who was pretty good looking
Azul_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Azul_Cobra
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts

_full_metal_

...And than you wake up from your dream.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ospov
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="_full_metal_"]

_full_metal_

i know i know but it is sad big boss didnt have to die or atleast smthing good should have happened because this game is amazing and actually makes you feel bad for the character or otacon he didnt get the best ending either he loved naomi who died who was pretty good looking

Well life is sad too. So if you think its sad I guess Kojima did a good job writing it, no?

ZeroCool000111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ZeroCool000111
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts
at least it wasnt bad as the halo 2 ending.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
he had the best ending..
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
[QUOTE="kenshinhimura16"][QUOTE="_full_metal_"]

_full_metal_

But thats what makes MGS different. Its boring always seing how the hero survived, and managed to save everyone. It was cool back in the day, with stories as FF VII/VIII and the like. But MGS stablished a different pattern, which made it different, and unique. Otacon has also been unlucky with women, first Sniper Wolf, then Emma and now Naomi. I think that the underground concept is great too. The reason why they cant stay with the rest of the people, because they have huge sins in their backs, that they dont want to transfer to the next generation, making them unconciously search for lonelyness.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#15 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

It was major disappointment to me to see that kind of ending.

I was hoping for more tragic end, something that fits MGS series better. Something along the lines of original Kojima ending idea when he thought about ending it all in MGS2, his idea of having Otacon and Snake get executed as terrorists.

Something along that line would've fit ending for MGS well. MGS4 ending was too much of a forced happy ending. I didn't like that a bit.

lextexrex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lextexrex
Member since 2003 • 1311 Posts
I wanted to see a black screen with people talking like ALL THE OTHER ONES!!!
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
that would be a lame ending...snake was supposed to die...if kojima made a disney ending for snake, that would've done a dis-service to the series....
visionedorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 visionedorange
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
the ending rocked MGS4 = best game of all time so stfu n00b
visionedorange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 visionedorange
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
lol
Cereo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Cereo1
Member since 2004 • 207 Posts

The ending was nice I thought. I assumed from the intro start screen he was going to shoot himself in the head. He didn't though and that's about as happy ending as could have been if you ask me. I don't care if things end happy or sad but good thing it ended happy, because my GF watched every minute of me playing and she would have flipped out if something bad happened.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Yeah, I wasn't a fan of the ending, either.
halfbreed11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 halfbreed11111
Member since 2007 • 578 Posts

no it would be cool if he was shoot by meryl then she continued the legacys of the patriots

seriously getting shoot for treaason would have been way coolier

Axelnomad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Axelnomad
Member since 2007 • 872 Posts

I liked the ending it leaves it off so we can hear.

MGS5- Otacon: "Snake you are....METAL GEAR SNAKE" then Johnny will come and destroy him.

FoxDie003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FoxDie003
Member since 2007 • 73 Posts
TC, you do realize how lame and corny that ending would be ........dont you?
BlueTsujin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BlueTsujin
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts
I liked it...a little too long IMO, and I also was hoping for multiple endings, like maybe put a way you can save Naomi or something...
sykojason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 sykojason
Member since 2003 • 192 Posts

The ending was pure freakin genius!!! Kojima understands that the nature of Snake's character ultimately comes down to each individual player's perception of him. Snake has gotten so big that he's not just what Kojima says he his but he's different things to different people; thusly, Kojima created an ending that has no definite answers about Snake's fate and leaves the remainder of Snake's life up to the players to decide. What you think Snake will do with the remainder of his life may be different from what somebody else thinks, and through that, Snake becomes something bigger than a hero or a soldier.

Adversary16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Adversary16
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
At least, the game did not end with Snake killing himself.
Starscream35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Starscream35
Member since 2008 • 159 Posts

_full_metal_

i thought it was a happy ending....?

RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

I'm just puzzled as hell about why you type out all/most of your words completely but then instead of "because" you use the most annoying abbreviation for it I've ever seen in my life: "bcuz"

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

_full_metal_

Huh? What is this? Disney? For one thing, SNAKE IS A CLONE. They've made it so he can't reproduce and like all clones, age faster. Snake was around 42 in this game (1972-2014). Snake was created for one purpose, to be a weapon. Also, didn't you see the ending or listen to anything they had to say? There's a logical and good reason why it ended that way. Also, Snake has about a year left to live. 3 months was about being a biological weapon when FOXDIE was mutating. You need to play it over again and LISTEN this time lol

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Denji

The ending was pure freakin genius!!! Kojima understands that the nature of Snake's character ultimately comes down to each individual player's perception of him. Snake has gotten so big that he's not just what Kojima says he his but he's different things to different people; thusly, Kojima created an ending that has no definite answers about Snake's fate and leaves the remainder of Snake's life up to the players to decide. What you think Snake will do with the remainder of his life may be different from what somebody else thinks, and through that, Snake becomes something bigger than a hero or a soldier.

sykojason

Yeah, and now he can goto McDonalds like he's always wanted to. He couldn't do that with The Patriots' system still active lol

"mmm a Big Mac. Kept you waiting huh?"

Avatar image for Meluckycharms12
Meluckycharms12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Meluckycharms12
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts
Oh my god, when snake put the gun in his mouth and you heard the gunshot, I was almost shaking inside. If they would have left it at that, I would have felt the most emotion from a video game I would have ever felt. Finding him alive was kind of a relief but also left a thought of "What If..".
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Denji

Oh my god, when snake put the gun in his mouth and you heard the gunshot, I was almost shaking inside. If they would have left it at that, I would have felt the most emotion from a video game I would have ever felt. Finding him alive was kind of a relief but also left a thought of "What If..".Meluckycharms12

When they showed Snake after the first credit roll, I thought he was dead. Just a ghost. Especially for the fact that I thought Big Boss was dead and he showed up. I thought Snake was a ghost for sure. Until they proved he was still alive. I was expecting Snake to die aswell. I was pretty sad myself at first.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
TC the ending you suggested would have sucked, Snake marrying meryl :? What use is that when Snake is sterile. Snake actually had a great ending in MGS4, ending with Big Boss made the story came around in a full circle because he's mission began with Big Boss and now it ended with Big Boss, atleast now he knew BB's motives and doesn't consider him to be a bad guy. Now Snake has the remainder of his time living his life as a human-being rather a Snake, great ending indeed.
staley6565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 staley6565
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

Your ending idea is pretty much the same fanservice that makes every good story go cheesy.

For example, if they had kept Tidus dead in FFX, then it would've made what he did that much more meaningful.

vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
very good ending, it would have make no sense if suddenly Snake could cure foxdie, by the way can you imagine snake with kids ?!?!
email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts

I enjoyed the ending to MGS4. I think it was better off for Snake to go ahead and live the rest of his life and see the future. Proper ending to a character who has endured lots of missions and almost to the brink of death. And the shocker of all shockers to me was seeing Big Boss alive and actually confronting Snake face to face afetr all these yeras.

How is this not a good ending to you? I didn't want Snake to die or kill himself.

itwiz90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 itwiz90
Member since 2003 • 3037 Posts

Snake doesn't want to be a hero, just a good soldier doing his job well. He doesn't look for headlines or medals, therefore he is a true hero, for a true hero gives his life as the ultimate sacrifice for his family and country.

DString[] - brought to you by: tripletags.com

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TriangleHard

I enjoyed the ending to MGS4. I think it was better off for Snake to go ahead and live the rest of his life and see the future. Proper ending to a character who has endured lots of missions and almost to the brink of death. And the shocker of all shockers to me was seeing Big Boss alive and actually confronting Snake face to face afetr all these yeras.

How is this not a good ending to you? I didn't want Snake to die or kill himself.

email2003

It was not a good ending because it was forced happy ending. Not to mention major B.S of a turn around.

First, the return Eva and Big Boss enterance is largely used as a placed that would embrace Snake. The sense of being accepted. The old ways of war and military ideals having a place where he belongs. A place in history or so to speak. And who else can embrace more strongly than the parents?

And to get that done, it ended up creating plot hole the size of crator.

As soon as Big Boss came out with Major Zero, the ending had huge plot hole and corniness to match the size of the plot hole.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ospov
[QUOTE="email2003"]

TriangleHard

It was not a good ending because it was forced happy ending. Not to mention major B.S of a turn around.

First, the return Eva and Big Boss enterance is largely used as a placed that would embrace Snake. The sense of being accepted. The old ways of war and military ideals having a place where he belongs. A place in history or so to speak. And who else can embrace more strongly than the parents?

As soon as Big Boss came out with Major Zero, the ending had huge plot hole and corniness to match the size of the plot hole.

Yeah about the parents...he killed them both with FOXDIE. I don't think that's a very happy ending no matter how forced it may be.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
it was a great ending
MoNsTeR-GaMeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MoNsTeR-GaMeR
Member since 2007 • 63 Posts
LOL
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TriangleHard
[QUOTE="TriangleHard"][QUOTE="email2003"]

Ospov

Yeah about the parents...he killed them both with FOXDIE. I don't think that's a very happy ending no matter how forced it may be.

compared to tragedy of Big Boss killing the Boss with his own hands and then finding out why she did what she did, I'd say it is fairly happy ending.

Sure they died from FOXdie Snake was carrying, but both met their son and accepted him and died in peace. It wasn't much of tragic deaths.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
truthfully i disagree, i think its one of the best endings in a video game ever, the stillness and quitness of the cutscene, the way that big boss disarmed snake, naomi died in the story because she had to, it made the ending all that much better, so that meant that snake either had to kill himself or die of old age, and hideo kojima couldnt bear to kill snake off, he needed to make an ending that would please those fans that have been following the story, your ending would have pissed off way too many fans as it is way too cliche and the metal gear solid series has been anything but cliche, he needed a ridiculously far out there ending for a ridiculously far out there game series
Avatar image for railroberto2007
railroberto2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 railroberto2007
Member since 2007 • 1405 Posts
It would have been much much better just leaving it at a suicide in the graveyard. It would have been much more herioc and would have stopped that 30 min chat with his dad that just kept going and going and going.
TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TriangleHard

truthfully i disagree, i think its one of the best endings in a video game ever, the stillness and quitness of the cutscene, the way that big boss disarmed snake, naomi died in the story because she had to, it made the ending all that much better, so that meant that snake either had to kill himself or die of old age, and hideo kojima couldnt bear to kill snake off, he needed to make an ending that would please those fans that have been following the story, your ending would have pissed off way too many fans as it is way too cliche and the metal gear solid series has been anything but cliche, he needed a ridiculously far out there ending for a ridiculously far out there game serieslinkin_guy109

That's exactly the problem MGS4 had.

It tried to please it's fan too much.

Instead of going bold and doing his own stuff like putting Raiden out there in MGS2, Kojima went out with wimp by following what fans want instead.

Going back to fan favorite locations like Shadow Moses, recreating similar setting, the return of favorite characters, and survival of favorite character.

MGS4 ended up feeling like big fan service game rather than the bold designs and creative experiments Hideo Kojima is known for.

I expected something more bold from Kojima. Instead he ended up pulling B.S to fit fans demands, and was left with story with more plot holes than any other MGS games.

submissions72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 submissions72
Member since 2003 • 138 Posts
Stop complaining dude..seriously it was a great game the only thing it lacked was more gameplay. Besides that it was a great game. Stop complaining.
hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
Dident you people watch after the credits? the ending was all stupid miracle the happy ending was so forced and created alot of holes that should have stayed closed.

If they just had snake blow a hole into himself it would have been a perfect finale for all the characters. but instead they had to digg up zero's corpse and by some gift from god bigboss suddenly got back his complete body eventough the source material for most of those parts were set on fire and sunk to the depths of the canal deprived of oxygen and whatnot.

Damn wish i had turned off my PS3 when teh credits started instead i got treated to a episode of LOST.

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

_full_metal_

Please read all Greek Hero stories, enough said.

henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

Dident you people watch after the credits? the ending was all stupid miracle the happy ending was so forced and created alot of holes that should have stayed closed.

If they just had snake blow a hole into himself it would have been a perfect finale for all the characters. but instead they had to digg up zero's corpse and by some gift from god bigboss suddenly got back his complete body eventough the source material for most of those parts were set on fire and sunk to the depths of the canal deprived of oxygen and whatnot.

Damn wish i had turned off my PS3 when teh credits started instead i got treated to a episode of LOST.

hot114

Are you sure you understand the plot? The one that's burned was Solidus Snake, not big boss.

Although I agree with you, the last part of the story seems to be forced and should have been left out. Although, to be fair, it does appear by the end of the credit roll, and therefore, we aren't obliged to watch it.