MGS4 Trophy Patch Incoming!

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
The article doesn't quite say MGS4 but come on what other game have us gamers been craving for a trophy patch more than MGS4? Plus Konami also mentioned a while back that they are working on a trophy patch, must be done by now. I have played this game like 20 times and I will gladly play it another couple times, I just want this trophy patch!

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6894-Video-Game-News-Examiner~y2010m2d11-Trophy-patch-incoming-for-very-good-game-says-IGN

So, you guys ready once again to join Snake on his mission to stop Liqiud Ocelot? :D
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

lol, It's either Haze or Lair.

I called it.

MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts

If I had a dollar everytime they announce that lol. But to be ontopic, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say is probably going to be Valkyria Chronicles.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

I called it.

LMAO! Scianix your full out it...
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Swift_Boss_A

I called it.

Scianix-Black
I would bang my head against the wall repeatedly if that's the case :P
samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

lol, Incoming *LIKE HARRY FLYNN*

like he is a girl! say it! :x :P

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Swift_Boss_A

If I had a dollar everytime they announce that lol. But to be ontopic, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say is probably going to be Valkyria Chronicles.

MrGanny
Bu bu Konami have stated twice last year that they will be doing a trophy patch for MGS4, it can only be MGS4! I'll bet my most priced possession on it!
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Swift_Boss_A
BTW guys the story will be posted on ign tomorrow so we wont have to wait long :D Fingers crossed it's MGS4!
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Young_Charter
BTW guys the story will be posted on ign tomorrow so we wont have to wait long :D Fingers crossed it's MGS4!Swift_Boss_A
Hopefully....Becuase if it is that is more fun time for me but, either way I have Valkryia Chronicles and MGS4 but MGS4 dominated seriously and kept the PS3 alive during the beginning of the pain so, it may just but I will be playing it once it is.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

A trophy patch would make me want to play MGS4 again.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
  • MGS4 =/= very good game
  • MGS4 = AMAZING

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Young_Charter

A trophy patch would make me want to play MGS4 again.

Crossel777
I hear you on that. Looking on your avatar makes me wish they had Sonic Adventure on Playstation store
kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kiraburu
Member since 2008 • 537 Posts

What??? 2 years later...? ehm for what for, selling new addons or to begin hype for rising....?

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Young_Charter

What??? 2 years later...? ehm for what for, selling new addons or to begin hype for rising....?

kiraburu
either way its going to perhaps come back
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
Haha, almost 2 years later they finally come out with a trophy patch. I'll probably just feel like a trophy whore if I play MGS4 again for the trophies. That game is so ridiculously good that playing through for the trophies seems like an insult to it.
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
this better be worth another trip to MGS4 and keep it fresh, because I know the game inside out by know. A little too late now konami. But I still have to regain my BBE after my PS3 crashed
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
as long as there aren't any GD MGO trophies i'll be happy.. i doubt i'll make a big boss run at the game again though.. the 1st time was hard enough...
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I think the majority agrees it may be a MGS4 trophy patch. The only thing I'm wondering is if we would have to play the game from scratch just like GTA4 as an example. Either way, I'll go back into it since I love it so much.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Still trying to figure out why a trophy patch is needed....
josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#20 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
Still trying to figure out why a trophy patch is needed....GrandJury
So there would be trophies. =D
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrandJury

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]Still trying to figure out why a trophy patch is needed....josh494

I guess the emblems were not enough for "some" people...I mean I guess this is a good thing for the people who just LOVE them trophies:lol:

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#22 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

wait. Metal Gear Solid 4 with Trophies? This is bad news! that means I have to beat the entire game agian! of course I haven't played in forever so I'm going to want to watch the breifing again! and everything I have unlocked won't count and now I have to delete my save data! This is bad! BAD! it's like when my brother beat GTA IV and played Burnout Paradise a lot and then got the trophy packs and screwed him over because all of the stuff he did didn't matter one bit and he has to do stuff all over again!

Oh well...

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GrandJury

wait. Metal Gear Solid 4 with Trophies? This is bad news! that means I have to beat the entire game agian! of course I haven't played in forever so I'm going to want to watch the breifing again! and everything I have unlocked won't count and now I have to delete my save data! This is bad! BAD! it's like when my brother beat GTA IV and played Burnout Paradise a lot and then got the trophy packs and screwed him over because all of the stuff he did didn't matter one bit and he has to do stuff all over again!

Oh well...

LegatoSkyheart
He didn't have to start any thing over and he was not screwed over.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Trophies for Valkyria Chronicles would be horribly redundant. The game already has an in-game medal system which is much more rewardning and appropriate given the setting of the game.

Buuuuut if it is VC I can see why they would do it, or at least speculate why they would do it: Perhaps to respark some interest in the game and then announce a Valkyria Chronicles 2 stateside localization and release date? That would be boss.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="josh494"][QUOTE="GrandJury"]Still trying to figure out why a trophy patch is needed....GrandJury

I guess the emblems were not enough for "some" people...I mean I guess this is a good thing for the people who just LOVE them trophies:lol:

Not trophy crrrazy but I really want them for MGS4 :D

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GrandJury

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]

[QUOTE="josh494"] So there would be trophies. =DSwift_Boss_A

But I really don't see the point. The game already has a built in reward system for doing things.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
I'm no trophy whore but a trophy patch would definitely be a good reason to replay MGS4.. considering i planned on doing so anyway... and the fact didn't get all of the emblems. with that said, i really doubt this patch is going to be for MGS4... don't know why, but i just have that feeling; and for all of the MGS4 fans' sake, i hope it's only indigestion :P
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

kiraburu
Ohhhh, trophies AND new add ons!??!?! You're a genius! DO IT, KOJIMA!!!!
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TheEldestGod
Actually, a trophy patch for MGS4 all this time later would break my heart. To earn trophies we would have to start a completely fresh game. Now, what if one of the trophies required you to earn the boss emblem? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!! I don't think I would be able to plat it. I seriously don't think I could put myself through that hell again. I LOVE this game, but that emblem is by far the most difficult challenge I've faced in a video game since the original Ninja Gaiden.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]I guess the emblems were not enough for "some" people...I mean I guess this is a good thing for the people who just LOVE them trophies:lol:

GrandJury

But I really don't see the point. The game already has a built in reward system for doing things.

Well now it will have a reward system for all to see, everyones happy. Besides its not like you are forced to collected trophies but it is a good incentive to replay the game again, and again.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]I guess the emblems were not enough for "some" people...I mean I guess this is a good thing for the people who just LOVE them trophies:lol:

GrandJury

We had this discussion way back when the demigod-like animals roamed the forests of foreign dimension; just let it go :P

as long as people truly enjoy themselves, regardless of what that "pleasure" is that they derive from playing games, then more power to them... and no, I'm not talking about naughty ****.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GrandJury
Yeah I suppose you're right. What would be messed up though is if the game really is Haze or Lair lol.
Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#33 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I hope the patch it's for Valkyria Chronicles, but a patch MGS4 would be nice too, but please, do not put trophies for MGO, that MP was just crap.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rakuho

Yeah I suppose you're right. What would be messed up though is if the game really is Haze or Lair lol.GrandJury

yes it would be.

and if those aforementioned trophy whores would buy either of these two game specifically for that reason, then even i would have to abandon my "neutrality" and harshly question their preferences :lol:

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]Yeah I suppose you're right. What would be messed up though is if the game really is Haze or Lair lol.Rakuho

yes it would be.

and if those aforementioned trophy whores would buy either of these two game specifically for that reason, then even i would have to abandon my "neutrality" and harshly question their preferences :lol:

Agreed. I think I'd hop the fence and point and laugh alongside GrandJury. They couldn't pay me to play either of those games again. My PS3 wouldn't talk to me for weeks after that. lol
Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

MGS4 or CoD4.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Bleh, MGS4 doesn't need trophies. It needs extra content!

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Rakuho

MGS4 or CoD4.

Prince-Noctis

you really think it could be cod4?

I mean, IW hardly ever showed any support for the PS3 version...

last time, it literally required for people to start flying around like some damn birds for IW to take notice and make a patch... oh, and ask those who still play the game if they patched the those persistent server errors. Plus, nowadays, they'd faster patch MW2.

well, i can acknowledge that anything can happen and won't rule out the possibility... but come on... seriously?

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheEldestGod

Bleh, MGS4 doesn't need trophies. It needs extra content!

Denji
Seriously, though. I would MUCH rather see some DLC for the game. I'm still bummed we never got any Raiden missions to show what the heck he was doing the whole game and finally end up fighting vamp instead of just watching. That would be one awesome DLC. And don't anyone say anything about the new Raiden game coming out. You know it won't be the same. "Lightning Bolt Action"..... weak.
LURCH87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 LURCH87
Member since 2008 • 1375 Posts

ill believe it when i see it

trophies would be welcome though

if it does get trophies it could be one of the first games to break 100 trophies because it has MGO on the disc

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
Actually, a trophy patch for MGS4 all this time later would break my heart. To earn trophies we would have to start a completely fresh game. Now, what if one of the trophies required you to earn the boss emblem? AAAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!!! I don't think I would be able to plat it. I seriously don't think I could put myself through that hell again. I LOVE this game, but that emblem is by far the most difficult challenge I've faced in a video game since the original Ninja Gaiden. TheEldestGod
OMG they better they better have the big boss emblem in there. I already did it but lost my save to YLOD:cry:
jasopan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jasopan
Member since 2006 • 2360 Posts
YAY FINALLY! Not that I'm that interested :(
Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

[QUOTE="Prince-Noctis"]

MGS4 or CoD4.

Rakuho

you really think it could be cod4?

I mean, IW hardly ever showed any support for the PS3 version...

last time, it literally required for people to start flying around like some damn birds for IW to take notice and make a patch... oh, and ask those who still play the game if they patched the those persistent server errors. Plus, nowadays, they'd faster patch MW2.

well, i can acknowledge that anything can happen and won't rule out the possibility... but come on... seriously?

I don't see why they wouldn't do it, but it seriously can be anything and if it's a game that's on the 360 aswell then they pretty much have all the achivements thought of already cause I see this is a lazy update to bring some attention to an older game and it's not like the call of duty franchise hasn't been raped for more money before haha.

mf1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mf1986
Member since 2005 • 706 Posts

what MGS4 needs is a patch that makes it much easier and faster to get into an online game. MGO is great but how you have to make an online account on konami website and how long it takes and how you cant have more than a character and that you cant delete the character for 2 weeks....... havent these guys seen how online works on console?

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#45 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

A trophy patch now would be pointlessly late

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

If I had a dollar everytime they announce that lol. But to be ontopic, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say is probably going to be Valkyria Chronicles.MrGanny

I would buy it if it received trophy support. :P

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
Very recently, I had a dream that I was playing MGS4 with trophies :D. (I've been having a lot of strange dreams lately :P) If this happens, my dream came true!
San_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 San_09
Member since 2009 • 1206 Posts

Ugh! I started playing MGS 4 last Friday, and one week later what happens? A trophy patch...

Oh wait... I dont mind coz this game is SWEET.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Swift_Boss_A

A trophy patch now would be pointlessly late

M0wen10
Well recently it was confirmed that MGS4 has passed 5 million so it's not like people have forgotten about PS3's 1st true killer app. Besides the patch is for the fans of MGS4 and Im sure a lot of people will revisit the game and play the heck out of it like when it first launched. I got all the emblems, the first game I completed fully this gen and with the patch it will also be my first platinum :D
Joemama2069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Joemama2069
Member since 2009 • 224 Posts

Maybe they will throw trophies into a dlc for substinencesistance or something. :P As long it doesnt release for x box also that would be pretty sweet.